Intervalometer on a SD1100 - page 3 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Intervalometer on a SD1100

• 26 Replies

Offline bobg

Re: Intervalometer on a SD1100
« Reply #20 on: 16 / August / 2009, 20:40:27 »
Advertisements
Before anyone offers advice on my last question here... I tried clicking Autostart before turning my camera off. Then when I turned it back on a few hours later, the Intervalometer script autostarted! The problem now: it won't turn off! Or, I can stop it by pressing the led button, but then that turns off "alt", so I can't get to the CHDK menu -- it starts the script every time I press the led button. I tried starting in Play mode instead, but then I can't get to the CHDK menu there either...

I'm on a SD1100 IS, using ixus80_sd1100-101a-0.9.8-788-full, and I loaded the script from a Mac OS 10.4.7.

Any suggestions?

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #21 on: 17 / August / 2009, 01:59:18 »

1) the script should stop by pressing the shutter button
otherwise, bring the DS card to your computer and delete the script or replace it with an empty file

2) another idea against your problem: in the "load script" menu try and set the "Script shoot delay" value to something like 10....

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #22 on: 17 / August / 2009, 02:09:02 »
@fbonomi:
Can you reproduce this on your SD1100 (don't know whether you also have fw 1.01A) ?
(maybe there's something broken since changeset #728)
[/quote]

Mmmhhh.

Your reply was formatted as a quote, I didn't notice it.

to the following:
1) deleted all your photos from the card to save filesize
2) make a ZIP containing all the files on the card, and put it on rapishare or similar

So I can try your environment...

Offline bobg

« Reply #23 on: 17 / August / 2009, 10:43:03 »
Aha! Silly me, the shutter button stops scripts... I should've been able to figure that out by now... thanks so much for your patience with all the advice... I keep thinking I'm completely stuck! I think I'm all sorted now, as I can do long exposures and use the intervalometer. I reeeally appreciate all the help.

This CHDK community is fantastic.

There is, though, one more thing I'd love to be able to do: long exposures using an intervalometer. I'd love to use this to get a timelapse of the night sky. I can do long exposure or intervalometer, but I can't figure out how to do both at the same time yet. Any tips?

Thanks!
Bob

1) the script should stop by pressing the shutter button
otherwise, bring the DS card to your computer and delete the script or replace it with an empty file

2) another idea against your problem: in the "load script" menu try and set the "Script shoot delay" value to something like 10....

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #24 on: 17 / August / 2009, 10:46:39 »
I think I'm all sorted now, as I can do long exposures and use the intervalometer.

Hurrah!

I can do long exposure or intervalometer, but I can't figure out how to do both at the same time yet. Any tips?

Actually, it should be quite simple: set the override for a long exposure, then run the script: whenever the scripts shoots, the overrides take place.

Offline bobg

« Reply #25 on: 17 / August / 2009, 14:33:17 »
Hmm... not working... I have to hold the shutter down part way for a while to get the long exposure to work, and of course I can't do that when using the intervalometer (although I did try, with no luck). I guess if I can figure out why I need to hold the shutter down part way for a while to get long exposure to work, that could be the key....

I can do long exposure or intervalometer, but I can't figure out how to do both at the same time yet. Any tips?

Actually, it should be quite simple: set the override for a long exposure, then run the script: whenever the scripts shoots, the overrides take place.

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #26 on: 17 / August / 2009, 16:04:07 »
ok, things get stranger and stranger!!!

I have no camera now to test, but try this script:

Code: [Select]
@title Test for bobg
@param a delay between shots (sec)
@default a 1
let s=a*1000

:loop
press "shoot_half"
sleep 1000
press "shoot_full"
sleep 300
release "shoot_full"
release "shoot_half"
sleep s
goto "loop"

I hope I did no syntax error....

this is a very basic intervalometer, with the difference that it emulates your behaviour:

press "shoot_half"
     HALF PRESS BUTTON

sleep 1000
    WAIT 1 SECOND

press "shoot_full"
    FULLY PRESS BUTTON

sleep 200

release "shoot_full"
release "shoot_half"
    RELEASE BUTTON

see if this helps...