• 5 Replies
Nothing really working // A720
« on: 26 / July / 2008, 11:34:46 »
Advertisements

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: Nothing really working // A720
« Reply #1 on: 26 / July / 2008, 12:14:11 »
Maybe you loaded the wrong version? Try check which firmware version your two cams have:

FAQ - CHDK Wiki

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 26 / July / 2008, 12:21:18 »
Hello & welcome Maria,

if you can access the SDM menu, SDM is running, ok; as the next step you can set up the things in the SDM menu, by default the things like histogram and zebra are disabled in the menu, you should turn it on there...

You'll find more informations about this on the SDM homepage, e.g. here: SDM: Setting working parameters or here: Using 'StereoData Maker' for General Photography

On the SDM homepage only the firmware 1.00C ist listed, so as Hacki mentioned: check your firmware version, you can use SDM only on cameras with the 1.00C fw version...

« Reply #3 on: 26 / July / 2008, 12:51:50 »
Hi folks,
many thanks for your fast answers. But, thats the problem:
- I checked the firmware, it is correct
- I turned the histogramm and zebra on
- I've gone through all the manuals
And it still does not work. I used four different cards, two cameras, and I have absolutly no idea where I make the mistake (it has to be me, since it works with other users).

Perhaps, somebody was as stupid as I am and had a similar problem with an easy solution.

Regards
Maria

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 26 / July / 2008, 13:45:31 »
Maria,

so i think you've done it all right - perhaps the latest SDM version for the A720 is buggy...

You may test whether the functions are working on the "normal" CHDK (you'll find the download link to the latest Autobuild version in my signature), just for testing...

Since i have no A720 i can't check it out, in the SDM Yahoo group i've found nothing...we should wait until Microfunguy from the SDM reads this post...

« Reply #5 on: 26 / July / 2008, 17:34:28 »
Thanks. I will test the latest "normal" CHDK and wait for a response by Microfunguy. I still believe i made something wrong, but because I go to vacation tomorrow, I need something to enable a remote control for both cameras. So, let's hope the normal version will work.

If there are any questions, I will answer them in a few days.

Regards
Maria