interval with microcontroller - General Chat - CHDK Forum

interval with microcontroller

• 4 Replies

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
interval with microcontroller
« on: 05 / December / 2022, 13:37:19 »
Advertisements
In the past year i've been trying to get chdkptp to work with my cams the way I wanted :)
the best results were with multicam from reyalp.
however since there is this slight problem of memory with large numbers of pictures when using the usb-pc connection i was forced to reboot the cam twice a day.
i tested this for a while and although i only had 2 reboots where focus was off, still felt this was not what i wanted.
tried to approach it differently in the hopes of tackling the file/memory limit while still being able to pull the pictures from the cam, but i'm not that good ;)

and because i wasn't able to solve that and philmoz already fixed almost all my cams up with support for very large sd cards my choice was to look into the usb remote
https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/USB_Remote

this is mostly because i wanted a more accurate time than the cams could provide over months and my way of handling that....Not :lol
so by now i build something on a pico w that tries to use wifi to sync time once a day.
it can run headless with only a led to indicate the focus-shoot time, but it can also work with a small touchscreen giving more feedback and the possibility to set it without another computer to upload a new config file....could have made a webpage so you could set it on your phone, but that is not my thing.
for now i'm testing it, just entered it's third week and hasn't missed a beat.

i'm still refining the code for the cam and the pico. and must design a casing...either lasercut or 3d print. but i have no good idea for that yet...it's more complicated than i first thought.
so i have nothing to share yet, but an image   :xmas

if anybody has ideas what would be nice to have on an external intervalometer, i'm open for suggestions now i've got it doing what i want.

f.i. i have an m3 that uses IR for remote, do we have the codes that are used, so i could replicate that with the pico? and put some ir led on it to test if i can get it going?
or are there only a few models that support ir and is the bulk going over bluetooth now?

btw. it also includes english days and month for those who are wondering what that means.
« Last Edit: 05 / December / 2022, 13:53:58 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress

Offline c_joerg

Re: interval with microcontroller
« Reply #1 on: 06 / December / 2022, 04:33:53 »
The big advantage of the M3 is that I no longer need an external device  ;)

fi have an m3 that uses IR for remote, do we have the codes that are used, so i could replicate that with the pico?
and put some ir led on it to test if i can get it going?

I once downloaded code for an Arduino. But first I have to look for it.

or are there only a few models that support ir and is the bulk going over bluetooth now?

Unfortunately, the M100 no longer supports IR.

M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
« Reply #2 on: 06 / December / 2022, 13:28:13 »
Unfortunately, the M100 no longer supports IR.
and also has no connector for a wired one.
really unfortunate, as far as i could understand it needs wifi & bt & location to work, i have a room thermostat that has the same unnessesary complicated needs to connect.
usb only i'd say for the m100, either with chdkptp or remote.

Offline c_joerg

« Reply #3 on: 07 / December / 2022, 05:51:50 »
f.i. i have an m3 that uses IR for remote, do we have the codes that are used, so i could replicate that with the pico? and put some ir led on it to test if i can get it going?

I found the code. I'm not sure if I can share it here. If necessary, send me a PM with an email address.
M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
« Reply #4 on: 14 / December / 2022, 16:51:59 »
c_jourg, i have send you a pm with email adress, i already found a few ir leds, so when i've got time i will give it a go.

while i'm now testing this new setup i really miss the instantly downloaded images i had with chdkptp. alas i didn't want 2 reboots a day, otherwise i would have known by now.

did it catch the Geminiden meteors this evening?
i'm really eager to check the results, but i must be a good puppy and wait in my basket until it's time to exchange sd cards, next year if all goes as planned ;)
« Last Edit: 14 / December / 2022, 16:56:11 by Mlapse »