Canon IXUS 220 HS questions. - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Canon IXUS 220 HS questions.

• 1 Replies
Canon IXUS 220 HS questions.
« on: 07 / January / 2022, 09:55:51 »
Advertisements
Hello. I have a Canon IXUS 220 HS with 101c firmware. I want to install CHDK on it or, if possible, to add these to the stock OS. Does what I want exist? I want 2 things:
- manual? focus, I want to be able to focus by pressing down the shutter button halfway in video.
- faster zoom in video, zoom like in photo mode.
Are these possible? Will they kill my camera or make it not work that well?

Offline reyalp

Re: Canon IXUS 220 HS questions.
« Reply #1 on: 07 / January / 2022, 20:01:36 »
Hello. I have a Canon IXUS 220 HS with 101c firmware. I want to install CHDK on it or, if possible, to add these to the stock OS.
You probably can't add the to the stock OS. Unless you have significant reverse engineering experience, in which case you probably wouldn't be asking...
Does what I want exist? I want 2 things:
- manual? focus, I want to be able to focus by pressing down the shutter button halfway in video.
Do you mean for the camera to do auto focus when you half press?
I don't think there's currently a way to trigger this from CHDK script (and definitely not from the normal CHDK UI), but some related functions are known. It may be possible to with eventprocs and/or native calls.
- faster zoom in video, zoom like in photo mode.
This should be possible, using the set_zoom_speed script function. Note the sound of the zoom will likely be picked up in the video.

Will they kill my camera or make it not work that well?
There is no warranty, but from the very few reports of cameras damage of the last 12+ years, I personally wouldn't worry about attempting either of these.
Don't forget what the H stands for.