Ultimate Intervalometer - a script for shooting over a long duration - v4.9 - page 65 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

Ultimate Intervalometer - a script for shooting over a long duration - v4.9

• 651 Replies
Re: Ultimate Intervalometer - a script for shooting over a long duration - v4.8
« Reply #640 on: 23 / October / 2019, 20:54:42 »
Advertisements
- zoom shift after reboot when zoom is set in script (as mentioned here above)

The code that sets the zoom position is not very sophisticated.  It simply calls the CHDK set_zoom( ) function and then pauses 2 seconds.  Try changing that to 10 seconds and see what happens? (line 295 in the most recent version of the script).

Code: [Select]
-- set zoom position
function update_zoom(zpos)
    local count = 0
    if(zpos ~= nil) then
        zstep=((get_zoom_steps()-1)*zpos)/100
        printf("setting zoom to "..zpos.." percent step="..zstep)
        sleep(200)
        set_zoom(zstep)
>>> sleep(2000)        <<=== change this to sleep(10000)
        press("shoot_half")
        wait_timeout( get_shooting, true, 5000, "unable to focus after zoom")
        release("shoot_half")
    end
end
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
« Reply #641 on: 24 / October / 2019, 02:15:18 »
The code that sets the zoom position is not very sophisticated.  It simply calls the CHDK set_zoom( ) function and then pauses 2 seconds.  Try changing that to 10 seconds and see what happens? (line 295 in the most recent version of the script).

@toonamos, since you experience this and are rebooting every 3 days.
can you adapt the script and test that?

first of all, I never use the zoom function, because of the unexpected side effects. i think the last time I tried was a year back, just before i set zoom in custom mode on all my S model cams. The A series cams are only used for testing purposes so i never set zoom on those.
I just did a quick test (DEBUG) with the A480 and S95.
I tried the original and 10 sec delay version of the script.

results were similar, 10 seconds in debug is nearly nothing.
i did not even need a reboot for the zoom shift to happen....i've also experienced that before....after this has happend a few times in debug it sometimes sticks even after a clean start of the cam.

but the A480 was dead after it finished zooming after a reboot with both the short and long delay in zoom. With zoom=off it reboots and starts taking shots again
that is odd, because I have seen that A480 work after a reboot with zoom and I can't remember any software changes on that cam since... it might be related to the debug feature, it runs not all functions equally quickly.
When I set focus@infinity and start the script the A480 displays AFL on screen. The square of the S95 only turns green at a shot taken (the green square indicates AFL is set)
« Last Edit: 24 / October / 2019, 07:15:19 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress

« Reply #642 on: 25 / October / 2019, 12:27:50 »
I were at the construction site today, and could confirm it had zoomed in again. I will try to set the focus to infinity next time I have access to the construction site. It is unfortunately a harsh environment, so I am not able to do any debugging :/
Despite the zoom issue, the script is running very fine. If the reboot should not be set to 3 days, as it is by default, what should I then change it to?

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
« Reply #643 on: 25 / October / 2019, 12:40:52 »
I will try to set the focus to infinity next time I have access to the construction site.
If the reboot should not be set to 3 days, as it is by default, what should I then change it to?

setting it to infinity does not solve the issue, so if you want to let it autofocus or have set focus manually, don't change it.
you can increase the reboot up to 23 days, after that the cam will stop if not rebooted.
« Last Edit: 25 / October / 2019, 12:53:41 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress

Offline reyalp

Split posts from Passiflora to https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=14011.msg142944#msg142944 as it seems to be a general problem, not specific to this script.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #645 on: 13 / September / 2020, 06:19:06 »
@waterwingz
If you have time, can you take a look at the changes I made in this modification? I'd rather have them in the official version if you think they're okay.

« Reply #646 on: 13 / September / 2020, 22:16:17 »
@waterwingz
If you have time, can you take a look at the changes I made in this modification? I'd rather have them in the official version if you think they're okay.
Absolutely.  Might take a day or two to get to it.

TIA

« Reply #647 on: 17 / September / 2020, 20:26:33 »
@waterwingz, I love your program and use it, and variations of it, often. I am working on a modified program and I need events to happen at Astronomical, Nautical and Civil Twilight times. I notice that your line: " local h=-6000 --civil twilight h=-6°   -- h=-833 --sunset/sunrise h=-50' " makes reference to civil twilight at -6°. Are your sunrises and sunsets actually civil twilight? Can I substitute -6° with -12° (12000) or -18° (18000) to get the times I need? Or 0° for actual sunrise/set? Thanks much.

« Reply #648 on: 19 / September / 2020, 09:10:48 »
@waterwingz, I love your program and use it, and variations of it, often. I am working on a modified program and I need events to happen at Astronomical, Nautical and Civil Twilight times. I notice that your line: " local h=-6000 --civil twilight h=-6°   -- h=-833 --sunset/sunrise h=-50' " makes reference to civil twilight at -6°. Are your sunrises and sunsets actually civil twilight? Can I substitute -6° with -12° (12000) or -18° (18000) to get the times I need? Or 0° for actual sunrise/set? Thanks much.
I wrote that a long time ago and probably didn't put much thought into whether the offset should be -6° or something else. In fact,  the comments indicate I simply lifted the whole dawn_and_dusk( ) subroutine from @msl.  Having said that, I see no reason you can't change the value of "h" in that subroutine to suit your needs.

« Reply #649 on: 20 / September / 2020, 14:37:26 »
Thank you waterwingz for your reply. I figured I would ask even though I had started a test that night to see how the program works. Here are my findings: 6000 is in fact Civil Twilight in MSL's program. So when Ultimate says Sunrise or Sunset, it is really working off of Civil Twilight. Which makes sense. We don't really care when the glowing orb is at the horizon, rather, we want to know when we can take pictures. I made a few modified programs and set them to 0, 6000, 12000, and 18000, and sure enough the cameras started and stopped at Rise/Set, Civil, Nautical, and Astronomical Twilights. Thanks again. Happy shooting.