A2000IS porting - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A2000IS porting

• 95 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: A2000IS porting
« Reply #50 on: 13 / September / 2009, 19:32:56 »
Advertisements
I've committed this as svn rev 800. Also added to the batch builds, so it will show up in the auto build (as beta)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #51 on: 14 / September / 2009, 16:36:08 »
Hi there!

I just started using CHDK with my A2000IS. I've got FW 1.00B, but it loads! So today I downloaded the AllBest Beta version for my camera. But where can I find the setting for the aperture, the F-Number?
In the versions before the allbest one i could set it to the value i want. Where is it gone?

-Jens

Offline iax

« Reply #52 on: 14 / September / 2009, 17:17:23 »
But where can I find the setting for the aperture, the F-Number?
In the versions before the allbest one i could set it to the value i want. Where is it gone?

Hi, since A2000 does not have a real iris but just an ND filter, setting the values of the F-Number was not meaningul. On a camera with ND filter you can only control the status of the ND filter (on/off) and, for each zoom level, camera has just 2 fixed values of F-Number, the one withouth the NDFilter and the one with the NDFilter on.

« Reply #53 on: 19 / September / 2009, 10:43:50 »
a noob again sorry to bother you.
Here is my situation
I have 2 memory card a 128MB and another one 4GB.128MB one has no read only locK!!! Is there anything i could do to manually load the chdk? Another 4GB one is not recognized by my card reader. May be card reader is too old or something. So what are my options? Sorry again did not know where to post it. I have A2000IS firmware version says it is 1.00B.  :)

« Reply #54 on: 19 / September / 2009, 11:14:33 »
Another 4GB one is not recognized by my card reader. May be card reader is too old or something. So what are my options? Sorry again did not know where to post it. I have A2000IS firmware version says it is 1.00B.  :)

It is probably a SDHC-Card (is HC written somewhere on the card? See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd_card#SDHC)
If your cardreader is older, it might be possible it cannot read SDHC-cards
Canon Powershot A2000 IS (GM 1.00B)

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #55 on: 19 / September / 2009, 11:21:55 »
Hi, welcome to the forum.
You will probably need to get a new card reader for your 4 GB card; your 128 MB card should be usable
for manual CHDK starting:
- download 'full' archive here: http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ and unpack to your card
- start the cam in playback/review mode
- press Menu to get into the Canon menu
- normally the option is at the bottom of the leftmost menu 'tab': 'firm update'
- choose option, confirm and CHDK should start

hth,

wim

« Reply #56 on: 19 / September / 2009, 11:49:33 »
@dabbeljuh yes that seems to be the case.

@whim i got to "firm update" part then i pressed "Function set" It asked me to update firmware version 1.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0
i pressed ok. I got to the splash screen. Then the splash screen goes away and then i get the normal screen.How do i confirm it is loaded?
i am following this 
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_Dummies#Let.27s_put_the_CHDK_in_the_card

First thing you'll notice using CHDK is your OSD (On-Screen Display) changes. You'll see now, left to right a number, two icons and a percent.
nothing of this sort is seen.

« Reply #57 on: 19 / September / 2009, 11:59:02 »
seems i got it to work thanks for the help guys.
i followed what whim said and then pressed print button it said [alt] and then i pressed menu to enter the chdk menu.

« Reply #58 on: 30 / September / 2009, 10:04:52 »
Nice job with the port, thanks.  Turns a $199 Walmart special into quite a powerful camera.

I don't know if this is port specific or a general CHDK question, but I thought I would ask here.  I am trying to maintain a constant exposure throughout a time lapse sequence.  I have found a way to "freeze" the exposure time, by using Override shutter speed in Extra Photo Operations.  However, I have not yet found how to "freeze" the aperture, like an AV setting.  The ND filter state icon says Av, but that function does not seem to have any effect on this camera.

I want to do one of two things:

1.  During multiple interval pictures, "freeze" the aperture at a set value (say f5.6) and freeze the shutter speed as well (say at 1/125).

2.  During multiple interval pictures, "freeze" the aperture and allow the automatic exposure to vary the exposure time.

Are either or both of these possible?

Thanks again, David

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #59 on: 30 / September / 2009, 14:04:45 »
Hello & welcome, David!
I have not yet found how to "freeze" the aperture, like an AV setting.  The ND filter state icon says Av, but that function does not seem to have any effect on this camera.
1.  During multiple interval pictures, "freeze" the aperture at a set value (say f5.6) and freeze the shutter speed as well (say at 1/125).
2.  During multiple interval pictures, "freeze" the aperture and allow the automatic exposure to vary the exposure time.

The A2000 does not have a real aperture (i.e. an iris diaphragm), just an ND filter as a kind of emulation.
With inactive ND filter you'll get the lowest F value (e.g. F/2.8 ), with active ND filter the highest one (e.g. F/8.0). Zooming also changes the optics, this way the "aperture" value changes, too...

Use a fixed shutter speed, also use a fixed ND filter setting (IN means: always active, OUT means: never active)
BTW - not sure whether the ND filter control works on this camera; you'll see a big difference in the brightness of the images taken with the same exposure time...

On Cameras with more manual control & a real aperture, case 1) is called "Manual mode", case 2) is called "Av Mode" - the A2000 do not have these modes, like the Ixus-series cameras...