Camera shuts down after zoom if aflock is set to 0 - page 2 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Camera shuts down after zoom if aflock is set to 0

• 16 Replies
Re: Camera shuts down after zoom if aflock is set to 0
« Reply #10 on: 17 / August / 2015, 03:48:21 »
Advertisements
now I have solved the problem
Can you confirm that the test build works without crashing? Or you had to do something else to solve the problem?

I have downloaded the fırmware that you attached in your post and used EosCard method to upload firmware to camera.I have not changed any code in my Lua script it is working good.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #11 on: 17 / August / 2015, 17:34:57 »
I have downloaded the fırmware that you attached in your post and used EosCard method to upload firmware to camera.I have not changed any code in my Lua script it is working good.
Thanks, I have committed the fix.

Camera shuts down after zoom
« Reply #12 on: 26 / August / 2015, 08:37:23 »
Hi I am using multi cameras in which sx170is-101a-1.4.0-4222-full firmware version are installed.  There are five cameras one of them is always crashing after some zoom. I have repeated the experiment many times and collected rom log for each crash . In attachmentes romlog files is uploaded , it seems all of them similar but anyway I uploaded all of them.

Actually this was the problem that I have asked in this post . It was solved in single camera but this problem occurs in multi camera.
My camera model is SX170IS.
Can anyone help to solve this problem ?
« Last Edit: 26 / August / 2015, 09:55:14 by simtek »

Re: Camera shuts down after zoom
« Reply #13 on: 26 / August / 2015, 09:42:05 »
reyalp : to make this easier to search in future, would you please merge this thread into the other one the OP cited?.  TIA
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

Re: Camera shuts down after zoom
« Reply #14 on: 26 / August / 2015, 16:21:45 »
reyalp : to make this easier to search in future, would you please merge this thread into the other one the OP cited?.  TIA
Done.

@simtek
There really isn't anything different about using multiple cameras. So either there is another factor like camera settings involved, or you aren't running the right build on all the cameras.

For camera settings, I would look for lens hardware related stuff like continuous AF, face tracking, shooting mode (can affect AF mode) etc.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #15 on: 27 / August / 2015, 06:31:18 »
I am using 60 cameras. While shooting I am using `syncat=600` . Is this a good value for 60 cameras .

Or may this be causing the shut down ?
I remember reading a post to choose optimum values for different cameras but I could not find it .Can anyone summarize both for me and future readers?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #16 on: 27 / August / 2015, 16:59:13 »
I am using 60 cameras. While shooting I am using `syncat=600` . Is this a good value for 60 cameras .
The syncat just tells the cameras how far in the future to schedule the command. For synced shooting, it needs to be long enough to send the command to each camera. There is no need to specify syncat for any commands that don't need to execute at the same real time.

The "minimum sync delay" printed after you do init_sync should be the approximate minimum value. This is only a rough estimate, so if you want to get the best sync, you should probably use a larger value.
Or may this be causing the shut down ?
Very unlikely.

I remember reading a post to choose optimum values for different cameras but I could not find it .Can anyone summarize both for me and future readers?
Probably this post http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11490.msg123965#msg123965 (which may have some other useful information)
Don't forget what the H stands for.