CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie! - page 8 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie!

• 83 Replies
Re: CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #70 on: 27 / March / 2016, 13:07:15 »
Advertisements
By the way, what software do you guys use to view or edit RAW files?
That depends on what PC type you are using.  There is a lot of useful info here :  CHDK Links : Raw & DNG.  Some might be a bit obsolete though.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #71 on: 27 / March / 2016, 16:17:06 »
It looks like FastStone Image Viewer opens CRW without problems.
This is the first time I am actually looking at RAW files from my camera and FastStone Image Viewer shows they are 1308x980 while the same JPG's are 2592x1944. Why is that?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #72 on: 27 / March / 2016, 16:31:35 »
It looks like FastStone Image Viewer opens CRW without problems.
This is the first time I am actually looking at RAW files from my camera and FastStone Image Viewer shows they are 1308x980 while the same JPG's are 2592x1944. Why is that?
This is probably a setting in FastStone to show reduced resolution. FWIW, to get good results from RAW, you generally need to use a raw processing program made for photography (like raw therapee, lightroom etc.) rather than a general purpose image viewer.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #73 on: 27 / March / 2016, 16:37:13 »
Thanks.
Indeed, all these files can also be viewed as 2616x1960.

« Reply #74 on: 13 / October / 2017, 15:58:14 »
Hello. Can I connect an external monitor (via hdmi) to my camera with CHDK to see myself (what i am shooting) right now  on a bigger screen. Thank you.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #75 on: 13 / October / 2017, 18:42:06 »
Hello. Can I connect an external monitor (via hdmi) to my camera with CHDK to see myself (what i am shooting) right now  on a bigger screen. Thank you.
What camera?
AFAIK, no PowerShot supports HDMI output in shooting mode.
The best you could get is analog video - if your cam supports it. Download the manual from Canon's support page and see what it says about connecting a TV.

« Reply #76 on: 13 / October / 2017, 19:02:55 »
Ok, thank you very much. I own Powershot SX500 IS and I thought it's just a  software problem.

« Reply #77 on: 08 / June / 2020, 22:24:10 »
Alright Newbies, do you want a step by step guide, with a video explanation on how to install CHDK? You've got it!

I just posted it to CHDK For Newbies - How To Install - CHDK Wiki.

NOTE to All: The video is up, but not fully (the last few parts got cut off  :'(. I am uploading the not cut off version. The quality is not too great (since I am doing this in a somewhat dark room). I will upload a better version on Saturday, when I can do it in the morning :). If you find ANY errors/suggestions whatsoever, PLEASE post them (even if they are really small). I would like to make this video as easy as possible :)

Hello! Newbie here. I have a Canon M100 and I know it’s not listed but from what I can tell by lurking someone has ported a build. One of the reasons that I cam here was to get an update to stop my M100 from turning off during live view and to have clean hdmi and remove the AF box. My question is what build should I be using? Thanks I’m advance.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #78 on: 09 / June / 2020, 00:02:56 »
Hello! Newbie here. I have a Canon M100 and I know it’s not listed but from what I can tell by lurking someone has ported a build. One of the reasons that I cam here was to get an update to stop my M100 from turning off during live view and to have clean hdmi and remove the AF box. My question is what build should I be using? Thanks I’m advance.
There is no working CHDK build for M100. There is a Canon Basic script for clean HDMI, in this thread https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13489.msg140429#msg140429
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #79 on: 09 / June / 2020, 09:36:09 »
Thank you for the link. So do how do I get that script onto the camera? Do I paste that into a text file and put in on the root of my SD card? I watched a video where this guy downloaded a zip for his camera. As we know there's no such file for the M100. I am tech savvy and I've rooted iphones and sideloaded Android OS onto WebOs tablets using nightly and stable builds but I'm a little lost here. Thanks in advance.