ixus140 elph130 porting thread - page 3 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ixus140 elph130 porting thread

• 29 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: ixus140 elph130 porting thread
« Reply #20 on: 03 / January / 2014, 11:28:40 »
Advertisements
yes, I was referring in bad terms, to the ALPHA & BeTA versions, one camera running under ALPHA et the other BETA both 1.2
Those ALPHA and BETA designations are somewhat arbitrary, they do not necessarily reflect the stability of the ports.

If you're planning to buy a new camera and you happen to need live analogue video signal in record mode, make sure the camera's manual specifically mentions its availability. Gradually less and less new models support analogue video out in record mode.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #21 on: 03 / January / 2014, 16:34:01 »
I'm hesitating between the ELPH130 and the ELPH110 (light enough to get on board)
FWIW I did the elph130 port and I think it is in pretty good shape. Since I am a CHDK maintainer and have the camera, there's a good chance I will be able to fix bugs if you find them. I'm not sure what the status of elph110 is.

my needs: RAW file, Timelipse pretty stable in AF SERVO mode.
DNG works OK, with a 24 meg file on a low end camera, it's not  fast. The color matrix is probably not ideal either. The lens suffers from very significant distortion at some zoom levels. The camera corrects the jpegs in software, but unless you make a lens profile, the DNG will be uncorrected. This is true of most recent canon compacts. On the flip side, this means DNG actually covers significantly more area than the jpeg ;) It also has significant vignetting.

I can post a sample DNG if you want.

Timelapse scripts should run no problem.

I'm not sure if servo AF will work well from a quadcopter. Unless you are flying very low, you may be better off just focusing at infinity, the depth of field on these cameras is large. The AF performance isn't great.

Regarding srcsa's comment on video out, I haven't tested the video out on elph130. It is shared with the USB plug using a special adapter, and is NOT HDMI.

The battery life is not great, it uses the NB-11L which is one of Canon's smaller batteries.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #22 on: 05 / January / 2014, 13:02:52 »
Hello,

I just got started with the canon cameras and picked this one up.

I have been playing around with it but am having an issue.

I take time lapse of the stars and have been trying to get http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor_Intervalometer_with_Dark_Frame_Management to work but it says native calls not supported.

am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance
Matt

« Reply #23 on: 05 / January / 2014, 13:22:39 »
I take time lapse of the stars and have been trying to get http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor_Intervalometer_with_Dark_Frame_Management to work but it says native calls not supported.
Go to the CHDK Miscellaneous Stuff -> Enable Lua Native Calls  [ * ] and enable it.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #24 on: 05 / January / 2014, 14:30:49 »
Go to the CHDK Miscellaneous Stuff -> Enable Lua Native Calls  [ * ] and enable it.
thank you so much!
I know I sound like a noob when i asked it. and i did search for it but couldn't find anything.

« Reply #25 on: 05 / January / 2014, 14:40:46 »
I know I sound like a noob when i asked it. and i did search for it but couldn't find anything.
Everyone here was a noob at one time.   I updated the wiki page for this script to add an approriate note for the benefit of the next noob - or not so noob.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor_Intervalometer_with_Dark_Frame_Management
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline Srandista

• IXUS80 1.01A, IXUS140 1.00B
« Reply #26 on: 10 / January / 2015, 12:47:10 »
Hi reyalp. Thanks for the port. I buy this camera to my GF, to replace her ancient IXUS80.

My first question before I will do some proper testing, what CHDK nowadays can do, is: if I don't change ALT button from playback to video, is there some other way to look at captured photos?

EDIT: Ok, never mind, I found answer by accident in other porting thread.
« Last Edit: 10 / January / 2015, 13:06:46 by Srandista »

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #27 on: 10 / January / 2015, 13:01:48 »
Press the play button longer for the original canon function.

< ~0.5 s => CHDK ALT mode
> ~0.5 s => Canon function

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline Srandista

• IXUS80 1.01A, IXUS140 1.00B
« Reply #28 on: 27 / January / 2015, 03:59:49 »
Can camera start to Record mode, when CHDK is booting automatically from SD card?

In current setting it doesn't matter, if I start camera with On/Off button or Play button, it always goes directly to Play mode. And then I have to push shutter button to release optics.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #29 on: 27 / January / 2015, 05:00:44 »
Hold the on/off button longer (1 - 2 sec.), then the camera goes to the record mode.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links