Liveview shooting via a/v or hdmi ? - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Liveview shooting via a/v or hdmi ?

• 2 Replies
Liveview shooting via a/v or hdmi ?
« on: 02 / July / 2010, 22:39:52 »
Advertisements
I'm not sure if this is buried too far in hardware or not but I would find it useful to tether my camera (Canon S90) to a monitor sometimes while shooting. On one hand it seems so simple, it allows the a/v port while reviewing pictures, just not while taking them. On the other hand, if it's so simple why isn't it already on there? Even if it could just come up during the picture review process would be great. I set up photo booths and would love a way to have the subjects be able to see themselves on the monitor as they take pictures. It would just make for a much nicer, less photographer required booth. I found CHDK because of the USB trigger and if it could solve this problem for me too I would be a happy man.

Todd

Offline colinbm

• Canons S2IS Infrared, S5IS, A570 pair, SIGMA DP2
Re: Liveview shooting via a/v or hdmi ?
« Reply #1 on: 03 / July / 2010, 01:15:01 »
Hi Todd
The Canon S5IS is able to be connected to a computer & control the camera, but not the shutter.
The pics can be viewed on a TV moniter, but I am not sure (never tried) in live view.
With the computer connected you can use the remote shutter release to take the pic.
Cheers
Col

Offline colinbm

• Canons S2IS Infrared, S5IS, A570 pair, SIGMA DP2
Re: Liveview shooting via a/v or hdmi ?
« Reply #2 on: 03 / July / 2010, 02:05:09 »
Hi Todd
I have finally found the page in the manual.
The S5IS pics can be viewed on a TV moniter in live view :-)
Cheers
Col