KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 21 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #200 on: 12 / June / 2014, 13:38:41 »
Advertisements
Camera is ELPH300(IXUS 220HS) with 1.2.0-3418 CHDK.
Personally,  I only use the 1.3.0 version of CHDK.  Despite the name, it has always been very stable for me.  And it does a much better job of focusing at infinity on a lot more cameras that 1.2.0

1. What metering mode we should use in genarally? Does is make any difference for exposure or will chdk/KAP&UAV overdrive this setting anyway?
The script uses whatever metering mode is set in the camera.  It does not try to override it.

2. Not sure about what is possible with usb remote. Is it possible to do following at one flight:
 a. turn camera and script running on/off?
 b. Zoom in/out?
 c. Change camera mode between video and script mode? Recording video on/off?
I can use Arduino to generate pulses, but not sure what are actually the limits and is possible.
The latest version of the script has "place holders" where you can insert whatever code you want to run for any particular pulse width.  Changing zoom position, starting and stopping video is all possible. Turning the camera off is possible as is stopping the script.  But turning the camera on or starting the script is not possible.

@param     e Exposure Comp (stops)
  @default e 6
  @values  e -2.0 -1.66 -1.33 -1.0 -0.66 0.33 0.0 0.33 0.66 1.00 1.33 1.66 2.00
  <--missing "-" for negative 0.33??
Thanks - I'll fix that in the next update. As it stand, selecting the first 0.33 value will give you -1/3 stop ev comp, selecting the second 0.33 value gives you +1/3 stop ev comp.  It's just the label that's wrong.

2. When using Video Interleave and Video Duration the camera stops responding after hitting Interrupt button, when camera is taking video. Have to take battery out to reset. Interrupt works if it is done during photo shoot.
I'll look at that but it may not be something that I can fix.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline M141

« Reply #201 on: 12 / June / 2014, 14:47:15 »
Personally,  I only use the 1.3.0 version of CHDK.  Despite the name, it has always been very stable for me.  And it does a much better job of focusing at infinity on a lot more cameras that 1.2.0
I tried latest 1.3 but it hangs the camera if using Zoom position from script. It drives the zoom to correct position and then camera shuts down.

The latest version of the script has "place holders" where you can insert whatever code you want to run for any particular pulse width.  Changing zoom position, starting and stopping video is all possible. Turning the camera off is possible as is stopping the script.  But turning the camera on or starting the script is not possible.
I'll check this out after i get my usb cable done.

2. When using Video Interleave and Video Duration the camera stops responding after hitting Interrupt button, when camera is taking video. Have to take battery out to reset. Interrupt works if it is done during photo shoot.
I'll look at that but it may not be something that I can fix.
Ok. I tried more and found:
-Interrupt when recording Interleave video works ok if i hit MENU first and just after that "shoot" button. I've always started and stopped scripts just pressing Shoot button ::)

« Reply #202 on: 12 / June / 2014, 19:17:32 »
I tried latest 1.3 but it hangs the camera if using Zoom position from script. It drives the zoom to correct position and then camera shuts down.
Strange.  What setting are you using for Focus @ Infinity Mode ?  What happens if you try None ? What if  you try one of the other options ?

Ok. I tried more and found:
-Interrupt when recording Interleave video works ok if i hit MENU first and just after that "shoot" button. I've always started and stopped scripts just pressing Shoot button ::)
Pressing the Menu key tells the script that you want it to shut down, so it gracefully stops whatever it's doing and exits.  Pressing the shutter key actually abruptly halts the script in the middle of whatever it was doing - no graceful shutdown.   This can be problematic if the script is currently recording in video mode. I don't know why but it is.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #203 on: 12 / June / 2014, 23:46:43 »
Strange.  What setting are you using for Focus @ Infinity Mode ?  What happens if you try None ? What if  you try one of the other options ?
Another possible cause of the crash is that camera requires #define CAM_NEED_SET_ZOOM_DELAY 
@M141. What is the fw version of your camera?

Offline M141

« Reply #204 on: 13 / June / 2014, 09:02:41 »
Tried another time with ixus220_elph300hs-100c-1.3.0-3462-full and KAP UAV 3.0. Camera still shuts down at least 50% of time when script has to zoom and move lens. If zoom is already in right position it seems to work better.
Seems to hang with every settings or at least i didn't find any of them to be much better or worse. Have to test more though.

Another possible cause of the crash is that camera requires #define CAM_NEED_SET_ZOOM_DELAY 
@M141. What is the fw version of your camera?
Fw is 100C. This might be the problem or at least it is related. When camera hangs it first move the lens to correct position, then very quickly after that i hear low sound like one click and then immediately it shuts down.
I also tried different settings for IS and ND -filter, but no help from there.

« Reply #205 on: 13 / June / 2014, 09:22:31 »
Might be worth just doing some zoom testing.  http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7071.msg76192#msg76192

Offline nafraf

« Reply #206 on: 13 / June / 2014, 17:22:07 »
In attachment, a test version with: #define CAM_NEED_SET_ZOOM_DELAY   300
Please test it and report the results

« Reply #207 on: 14 / June / 2014, 14:13:59 »
Script & loader updated to v3.1 today.

Changes include having the camera do a "half press" cycle after setting the zoom position as this has been shown to decrease subsequent set focus at infinity problems.

Also update the @param text for Exposure Compensation - the -0.33 value was missing its "minus" sign.

Offline M141

« Reply #208 on: 14 / June / 2014, 16:56:43 »
Might be worth just doing some zoom testing.  http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7071.msg76192#msg76192
I tried zoom test script and with chdk 1.3 camera always shut down between zoom set 2 and 3. Once it went up to 5 before hang. With chdk 1.2 camera runned zoom steps 1-64 up and down multiple times without any problem.

In attachment, a test version with: #define CAM_NEED_SET_ZOOM_DELAY   300
Please test it and report the results
I tried with this version and there was no difference vs original 1.3.

Thanks for your help. As this seems not to be problem with KAP UAV script should this conversation continue in elph300 thread?

« Reply #209 on: 18 / July / 2014, 01:11:12 »
Using v3.1 and have pushed shutter all the way up to 1/1600 and still have blurring on the 3rd or 4th image and the next is crisp.

Adding kap.log and 4 or 5 of the images.

Any thoughts or feedback is MUCH appreciated.

Uploaded 43 images to zip file and shared on dropbox, link below;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4m5vki1ypk4mb6/115_0717.zip

TIA