KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 23 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #220 on: 18 / July / 2014, 19:32:36 »
Advertisements
Attached is the log.

Will have the images uploaded shortly.  Pics are up, f/4.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjxvea94j1iyis1/140718_1522_DCIM-5.zip

The one change in this flight was to set f/4.0, and still in manual on the camera and script.

Will make the changes you noted and test it now.
« Last Edit: 18 / July / 2014, 20:05:16 by timvand »

« Reply #221 on: 18 / July / 2014, 19:40:18 »
Attached is the log.

Will have the images uploaded shortly.

The one change in this flight was to set f/4.0, and still in manual on the camera and script.

Will make the changes you noted and test it now.
I'd be curious to see a log & pixs where you set the camera to "P" mode rather than "M". Page 115 of your user manual.

TIA

WW
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #222 on: 18 / July / 2014, 20:17:06 »
Leave the "Focus @ Infinity Mode" option at "None" and let the camera fend for itself ?  Or take a look at pages 125 & 126 of the manual for your camera : http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300007147/01/pssx260hs-sx240hs-cug-c-en.pdf  and put the camera into native MF mode, set at infinity.  (leaving the CHDK option at "none")

Here are the images and log attached below after the above noted changes. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uqkfo0xa04fu7j/140718_1653_DCIM-6.zip

Check out the ground pic's and what are your thoughts on the focus.

Through more thoughts/changes my way.  Happy to test.  Need a solution or a new camera. :)

Others have done it, thus, it can be done.  Onward.

« Reply #223 on: 18 / July / 2014, 20:25:21 »
WW,

I inquired on this post as well.  It's been done, need to figure out how.

Thanks again for the assist!

Hi!

Waterwiz, the script is working as it should and its very nice. I tested it these days and the speed right now is amazing and I learned that my only limitation with this camera is the battery. Sometimes I get the same GPS coordinates for 2 pictures in sequence, but then I manually edit the coordinate so the orthoretification software doesn't get confused.

The attachment is just a test. :)

Anyway, thanks again both of you, waterwiz and lapser, you really have helped me a lot here!

« Reply #224 on: 18 / July / 2014, 20:41:44 »
I inquired on this post as well.  It's been done, need to figure out how.
Unfortunately, it seems most people join this forum but either don't supply an email address or don't have responses to threads they've posted in setup to notify them via email.   So alkasber will likely never be heard from.

« Reply #225 on: 18 / July / 2014, 20:59:48 »
Check out the ground pic's and what are your thoughts on the focus.
Okay  - explain to me your exact settings for this last sequence.  I notice you still have the shooting mode in "M" rather than "P".   And it looks like you set the camera into Manual Focus mode with the focus locked at infinity? If so, then why are the pics of the pavement so perfectly in focus when the camera is inches away.  This is not making sense.

We could try something else basic here.   Using just the Canon menus (no CHDK yet), put the camera in Tv priority mode (pg 140 in the manual),  set the shutter speed as high as it will go,  select Canon Manual Focus mode and lock that at infinity (pg 125-126), and then just run the simple interval.lua script that comes with CHDK ( in the A/CHDK/SCRIPTS folder). 

Make sure you have set  Enhanced Photo Operations  -> Disable Overrides [ Yes ]

« Reply #226 on: 18 / July / 2014, 21:07:52 »
We could try something else basic here.   Using just the Canon menus (no CHDK yet), put the camera in Tv priority mode (pg 140 in the manual),  set the shutter speed as high as it will go,  select Canon Manual Focus mode and lock that at infinity (pg 125-126), and then just run the simple interval.lua script that comes with CHDK ( in the A/CHDK/SCRIPTS folder). 

Make sure you have set  Enhanced Photo Operations  -> Disable Overrides [ Yes ]

Will go test now and post results.

« Reply #227 on: 18 / July / 2014, 21:36:56 »
Settings;
TV mode
Shutter:  1/3200
Focus:  camera manual/infinity
Script:  interval.bas
Disable Overrides:  YES

Image results
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozwek0sm9stwbdo/140718_1831_DCIM-8.zip

Is there a script that will read all the camera settings, chdk settings and dump it to a file?

« Reply #228 on: 18 / July / 2014, 21:40:24 »
Is there a script that will read all the camera settings, chdk settings and dump it to a file?
No. 

But it would be trivial to write something that would report on the things that CHDK actually has access to. As I said earlier, the kap_uav.lua script basically does that already.

« Reply #229 on: 18 / July / 2014, 21:45:27 »
Was thinking of and looking for something that would dump all, for troubleshooting/debug.