KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 26 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies

Offline MarkB

• Flickr
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #250 on: 14 / August / 2014, 09:55:19 »
Advertisements
Yes I am up for another round of tests, though I will not be able to get around to it until Sunday.

Offline MarkB

• Flickr
« Reply #251 on: 17 / August / 2014, 17:45:05 »
Did  another test today on a Canon Elph300HS with CHDK 1.3 and KAP & UAV Exposure Control Script v3.3MF

ND Filter was in use and focus was set to MF for 300 images at a 5sec interval, followed by 300 Images with focus set to AFL at a 5sec interval.  Images seems sharper with AFL than MF, thought both are soft compared to taking a single shot when not running the script. Also on the video it seems the interval time seems to fluctuate.

http://youtu.be/0OHYxg1pGQw

« Reply #252 on: 17 / August / 2014, 17:48:44 »
Did  another test today on a Canon Elph300HS with CHDK 1.3 and KAP & UAV Exposure Control Script v3.3MF
Thanks Mark!   Log looks good based on a quick scan.   I'll take a more detailed look later today.

Can you try a long one later this afternoon and see if you can capture the transistion between it needing the ND filter and not needing it as the sun goes down?   That will be a bit trickly I realize but would tell us a lot if you can.
« Last Edit: 17 / August / 2014, 17:51:11 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline MarkB

• Flickr
« Reply #253 on: 17 / August / 2014, 17:55:31 »
Sure will set it up now since it is almost 6pm local time.

Offline MarkB

• Flickr
« Reply #254 on: 18 / August / 2014, 08:37:04 »
Here is another test  shot on a Canon Elph300HS with CHDK 1.3 and KAP & UAV Exposure Control Script v3.3MF

ND Filter was in use and focus was set to MF  images were taken at a 5sec interval.  In the video it seems the interval time fluctuates at a number of points and exposure fluctuates as the lighting conditions change.

http://youtu.be/dh96MxonxUk

« Reply #255 on: 19 / August / 2014, 16:38:43 »
Hello,

I'm a new user of this wonderful script but I have a little problem.

I use it on my Canon Ixus 80 (SD1100) : firmware version 101a.
I use the CHDK 1.2.0 (full).

After a random number of pictures taken by the script : it crash !
I have the following indication in the file "crash.log" :  !!!WatchDog expired!!!

I use the script with the following parameters on a quadcopter :

autostart : on
shot interval : 3 sec
start delay time : 30 sec
tv min : 1/640
target tv : 1/1000
tv max : 1/1250
av low : 4
av target : 5
av max : 8
iso min : 80
iso max 1 : 400
iso max 2 : 800
nd filter : yes
zoom pos : off
focus : @shot

What the problem ?

Thanks a lot for the support.

Regards

« Reply #256 on: 19 / August / 2014, 17:07:36 »
I use the CHDK 1.2.0 (full).
That should be okay but using CHDK 1.3.0 might be something to try instead.

After a random number of pictures taken by the script : it crash !
I have the following indication in the file "crash.log" :  !!!WatchDog expired!!!
Please post the actual ROMLOG.LOG file.  It would also be good to get a copy of the script's log file.
« Last Edit: 19 / August / 2014, 18:28:55 by waterwingz »

« Reply #257 on: 22 / August / 2014, 23:49:40 »
Here is another test  shot on a Canon Elph300HS with CHDK 1.3 and KAP & UAV Exposure Control Script v3.3MF
@MarkB :  I find myself wishing that I had setup the script log file to put the data about each shot on a single tab delimited line. Importing that into a spreadsheet for analysis would be a breeze.  Things like comparing the time interval between each shot to try and understand the speed changes in your videos would be trivial.

Instead,  I need to find a couple of hours to write some script to read in the log files and parse them into something more useful in a spreadsheet.  Which I will do - it will just take a little while to get it all done.

Thanks again for posting that test info.

« Reply #258 on: 23 / August / 2014, 17:22:58 »
That should be okay but using CHDK 1.3.0 might be something to try instead.

It's OK now with the version 1.3.0 of the CHDK.

I need to do more tests to confirm, but it seems to be good.

Offline MarkB

• Flickr
« Reply #259 on: 24 / August / 2014, 01:01:46 »
Decided to try another test.  The settings this time: ND Filter was in use, focus was set to AFL, images taken at a 3sec interval, and meter filter factor was set to low. 

With this meter filter factor setting I noticed more flicker in the daylight shots, but not the wild changes when the light conditions changed. 

The ending was rather dark, but with max iso set to 1600 and min Tv at 1/60 I am assuming it was under exposed.  A min Tv of 1/30 or 1/20 might have helped without making light trails on the cars.

The time interval also doesn't seem consistent as can be seen with the speeding up or slowing down of action in the video.

http://youtu.be/e8Nau75tdP8