KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 54 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #530 on: 27 / June / 2015, 17:28:48 »
Advertisements
I would prefer to keep the gentwire

Image size did change, but i can do a rerun inthe morning with a digital clock in the picture. That will provide objectivity.

I got the 2fps in normal operatin.

When can I test the AP controlled version?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én GT-P5110-el

S110, SX200is,

« Reply #531 on: 27 / June / 2015, 20:19:36 »
I would prefer to keep the gentwire
Here's how the new sequence will look based on my understanding of the gentwire-USB2 and how it interacts with your flight controller   :
  • the first ch1up pulse causes shooting to start
  • each subsequent ch1up pulse releases the next shot immediately (i.e. sync'd)
  • once shooting, if the script does not receive a ch1up within 10 seconds, it will stop waiting and shoot
  • you will need to send a ch1mid after each ch1up to "reset" the gentwire_USB2 so that it will pulse on the next ch1up
  • any ch1down pulse will halt the shooting sequence (until the next ch1up pulse)
  • a ch2up pulse will stop shooting and also cause the camera to go into playback mode (i.e. lens retract)

Does that work for you?

When can I test the AP controlled version?
Working on it now - should be done tonight.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #532 on: 27 / June / 2015, 20:46:31 »
By the way, what make and model of flight controller are you using?

Edit : updated script attached.   Works as per my most recent post as far as gentwire-USB2 pulses needed.

link > kap_uav.lua r3.6 beta 9

If this works,  I need to do some more testing & code cleanup to make sure I didn't corrupt any of the other modes.
« Last Edit: 27 / June / 2015, 23:20:32 by waterwingz »

« Reply #533 on: 28 / June / 2015, 02:52:18 »
I am flying with a 3DR Pixhawk.
Sequence logic looks perfect. 

I forgot to mention that I changed the gentwire and as you can see in the log the ch2mid repeat stopped.

Next week, I hope, i will be able to repair the big wing.  With that I will be able to do all the testing you require to get script in finished.

S110, SX200is,

« Reply #534 on: 28 / June / 2015, 09:36:55 »
I forgot to mention that I changed the gentwire and as you can see in the log the ch2mid repeat stopped. Next week, I hope, i will be able to repair the big wing.  With that I will be able to do all the testing you require to get script in finished.
Let me know if beta 9 works for you?  And you forgot to attach the log  :-[

« Reply #535 on: 28 / June / 2015, 13:09:34 »
Unfortunately I was unable to go out and do the field test. Probably Tuesday....

S110, SX200is,

« Reply #536 on: 30 / June / 2015, 17:38:01 »
WWZ,

I went out testing today I made 3 flights and not a single picture from B9.   :(

I just came back and set up a test rig: fully analog, no chance of error... B9 freezes.  :o
I reload the B8  workand it works...
I go again through the settings and I it strikes me: Gentwire is not capable to work with PWM inputs less then .7 seconds. I connect the AP  and I get my confirmation: once I go at .6s camera stops shooting (only the 10 second shots are taken).   >:(

After a cigarette, I decide to test the capability of the AP. Can it output .1s PWM signal?  :o NO it cannot,  no matter what I try!?

I will run another round at the Pixhawk forum, but so far I see no possibility of actually using the the autopilot as shot controller.

Please accept my apologies for the detour!
Please let me know, how would you like to continue!
P.S.: Maybe somebody with another autopilot will be able to use it.
S110, SX200is,

« Reply #537 on: 30 / June / 2015, 19:21:44 »
Edit : looking at the logs, this is starting to look like a possible issue with the pixhawk configuration / programming?  It does not seem to be sending  "ch1up" signals on the 1st channel connected to the gentwire-USB2 device?  So the gentwire-USB2 is never asking the script to releaes the next sync'd shot.

Rereading you comments,  are you trying to tell me that the pixhawk can only generate a ch1up pulses slower than once a second?  Is there a handy pixhawk programming guide somewhere?

Note : you might want to set the script parameter labelled USB Timer Precision (msec) to 1 rather than 10.  This enable more precise timing of the signal from the gentwire-USB2.

I went out testing today I made 3 flights and not a single picture from B9.   :(
So I assume you did not test things on the ground first?

I just came back and set up a test rig: fully analog, no chance of error... B9 freezes.  :o
Can you be more specific than "freezes" ?  Does it get past the initial "waiting on USB signal" message?  If so, it should loop slowly taking picture every 10 seconds if pulses are not received more quickly than that.

I reload the B8  workand it works...
B8 just starts and runs as fast as it can until it it told to stop.  No sync with the flight controller or anything else to wait for.

I go again through the settings and I it strikes me: Gentwire is not capable to work with PWM inputs less then .7 seconds.
I'm confused here.   The gentwire-USB2 will take a servo pulse signal  between 1 mSec and 2mSec repeated ever 20 mSec and convert that into a pulse between 20 mSec and 180 mSec.   Where does .7 seconds come into this discussion?

I connect the AP  and I get my confirmation: once I go at .6s camera stops shooting (only the 10 second shots are taken).   >:(
Hmmm .. are you sure that the pixhawk is changing it's servo output so that it should cause the gentwire to send ch1up and then ch1mid and then ch1up again?

After a cigarette,
Tobacco ?   :D

I decide to test the capability of the AP. Can it output .1s PWM signal?  :o NO it cannot,  no matter what I try!?
Again, I'm confused. Please draw me a diagram of what you mean by .1s PWM signal ? 

I will run another round at the Pixhawk forum, but so far I see no possibility of actually using the the autopilot as shot controller.
Can you post a link to the Pixhawk forum where you are having this discussion?  Might be easier to follow there.Found it - although it seems to be going offline a lot tonight.
« Last Edit: 30 / June / 2015, 22:31:12 by waterwingz »

« Reply #538 on: 01 / July / 2015, 00:13:04 »
P.S.: Maybe somebody with another autopilot will be able to use it.

Hello ,

I have a different type of autopilot , can do some trials but please specify what are the steps to follow.

« Reply #539 on: 01 / July / 2015, 02:56:22 »
I 'll do a drawing this afternoon. Meanwhile: I went and flew a test mission with B8 this morning and some of the pictures came out really bad. It looks like I am the first to need vibration dampening on a foamy or a new motor and prop balanced.... I will review logs this afternoon.
S110, SX200is,