KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 76 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #750 on: 23 / February / 2016, 04:14:56 »
Advertisements
I run the above script but it doesn't take a picture it just focuses and displays some ISO levels, If that's ok?

Here's a pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq222rztxl9tcsg/20160223_105636.jpg?dl=0

« Reply #751 on: 23 / February / 2016, 08:30:56 »
I run the above script but it doesn't take a picture it just focuses and displays some ISO levels, If that's ok?
That's perfect - thanks!  It confirms that the ixus240/elph320  (and almost certainly the ixus255/elph330 based on previous posts) need to redefine CAM_MARKET_ISO_BASE in their platform_camera.h build files.

Rather than me submitting a tiny patch, maybe srsa_4c, reyalp, or philmoz can just make the small changes necessary in the stable and dev branches?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #752 on: 23 / February / 2016, 13:59:09 »
Good to know I helped!

Something else I noticed about the way the code works -at least for me. It always tries to correct the exposure by changing the shutter speed or the ISO levels and almost never the aperture f, I'm no camera expert but shouldn't that be the other way round? First "f" then ISO and as last resort shutter speed?

The vast majority of the pics have a set aperture of f/2.7.
Is it the way it's supposed to work?

« Reply #753 on: 23 / February / 2016, 14:24:45 »

It always tries to correct the exposure by changing the shutter speed or the ISO levels and almost never the aperture f, I'm no camera expert but shouldn't that be the other way round? First "f" then ISO and as last resort shutter speed?

The vast majority of the pics have a set aperture of f/2.7.
Is it the way it's supposed to work?
That's because your camera does not have an adjustable aperture.

When you see variations in the reported fstop it's either because the neutral density filter has engaged or because you have changed the zoom position. 

On cameras with an adjustable aperture the script works much like you have suggested.

« Reply #754 on: 25 / February / 2016, 07:54:16 »
Oh ok, thanks for the help! 

Just FYI tried the focus at infinity for the 240HS and it falls in the category of non working. All the pics turn out blurry.

Let me know if I can help with anything more.

« Reply #755 on: 25 / February / 2016, 14:47:17 »

Just FYI tried the focus at infinity for the 240HS and it falls in the category of non working. All the pics turn out blurry.
On cameras where this happens, it's usually worst at wide angle lens settings.   The script tries to set the focus at 50 metres (50000mm) but the setting that works best might be as close as one or two metres (1000mm).

If you want to try this, you can change the setting for "infinity" at line 141 in the current version of the script.  Edit the 50000 to 1000 or 2000 and see what happens?

« Reply #756 on: 25 / February / 2016, 15:21:27 »
Ok good I'll give it a try!

« Reply #757 on: 28 / February / 2016, 06:56:25 »
Any updates on the fixed code for the 240HS?
I'd really help me if I had the corrected version as currently depending on the light conditions the camera often drops the shutter speed alot trying to "correct" what it considers under-exposed. And it makes it hard to have the same settings for all light conditions.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #758 on: 28 / February / 2016, 07:48:33 »
Any updates on the fixed code for the 240HS?
The issue has been fixed, please upgrade to the most current official release.

« Reply #759 on: 02 / March / 2016, 15:36:20 »
Hello guys again, I'm having another issue now related with the trigger part of the system.
I use a double camera system on my quadcopter and have Pixhawk send a pulse trough usb at regular distance intervals.
Problem is that sometimes one of the cams (or both) fail to trigger and just "ignore" the command without doing anything.
About one photo is missing ever 30 pics taken.
This is enough to cause trouble with the geotagging...

Do you have an idea on that?

I have attached the log of one of the cams incase that helps