KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 82 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #810 on: 15 / April / 2016, 10:05:19 »
Advertisements
been trying this script on a canon a2400 mounted on my q500 quadcopter. I'm a newbie at chkdsk and I've spent the last week trying to find info on how to make changes in a script. I downloaded a freeware program that allows me to make and save changes to the script but without knowing which lines to changes I guess I'm kinda at a loss. The images I have been getting are at least 2 stops overexposed and from the metadata all the images are shot at 2.8 with shutter speeds generally around 1/1000th with variable iso settings. The images from this camera are terribly grainy so I was hoping to lock the iso at 100 and chance a slower shutter speed. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #811 on: 15 / April / 2016, 10:12:43 »
The images I have been getting are at least 2 stops overexposed
What version of CHDK are you using?  There is a bug in some versions with ISO settings that is unrelated to the script.

The images from this camera are terribly grainy so I was hoping to lock the iso at 100 and chance a slower shutter speed. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.
The CHDK script parameters for the kap_ uav.lua script let you specify the ISO range that will be used.  No editing of the code is necessary.  It's all right there in the CHDK script menu if you scroll down far enough.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #812 on: 15 / April / 2016, 10:45:40 »
Thanks for the quick reply. I dont have the camera with me today but I will check when I get home. I thought it was the latest version but again I will check tonight.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #813 on: 15 / April / 2016, 15:52:50 »
What version of CHDK are you using?  There is a bug in some versions with ISO settings that is unrelated to the script.
This camera doesn't have CAM_MARKET_ISO_BASE  set, and probably should since it's DryOS R50.

@geebob Please run the isobase.lua script found in CHDK/SCRIPTS/TEST and report what it prints  on the screen.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #814 on: 17 / April / 2016, 19:33:22 »
 Im using version   3.7. Isobase says base=200  set can_market_is I_base_200

« Reply #815 on: 17 / April / 2016, 19:39:08 »
Im using version   3.7. Isobase says base=200  set can_market_is I_base_200
The fix for your issue was added to CHDK yesterday.  If you download and reinstall CHDK your issue with 2 stop overexposure will be fixed.   You can keep using the same version of the script.

« Reply #816 on: 17 / April / 2016, 21:01:50 »
Great thanks

« Reply #817 on: 17 / April / 2016, 21:43:16 »
Waterwingz..just to make sure I'm doing this right. If I go back and run stick utility and tell it to download chkdsk again.. obviously using the chkdsk file it already downloaded would be the same file... the file it downloads tonight would have the fix applied? 

« Reply #818 on: 17 / April / 2016, 22:48:27 »
the file it downloads tonight would have the fix applied?
Yes.  To be certain, you could manually delete the earlier file first.

Offline lanzo

« Reply #819 on: 18 / April / 2016, 22:54:43 »
Dear waterwingz, where the script write the options of the KAP_UAV? I want to make backup of mine SD cards and I am only copying the kap_uav_3-7a.lua but I would like to backup  the options I select too, do I have to edit the script and set them as Default?

Thank you

p.s. I am waiting you to reveal the fast shutter method, is the pwm one?