KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 83 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #820 on: 19 / April / 2016, 00:22:32 »
Advertisements
Hi,
Code: [Select]
function ch2up(pwidth)
            if( repeat_check("ch2up",pwidth ) >= PWM_required_repeats ) then
                usb_shooting_mode = 0                                  -- put camera into playback / sleep mode
                in_continuous_mode = false

continuous mode = "Burst", right?

is there a specific reason for the: in_continuous_mode = false
« Last Edit: 19 / April / 2016, 00:45:40 by netptl39 »
S110, SX200is,

« Reply #821 on: 19 / April / 2016, 04:31:24 »
where the script write the options of the KAP_UAV? I want to make backup of mine SD cards and I am only copying the kap_uav_3-7a.lua but I would like to backup  the options I select too, do I have to edit the script and set them as Default?
CHDK saves the parameter values used by any script in the A/CHDK/DATA folder on your SD card.  If you look at the files in that folder,  you will see at least two files for each script you have run that have the same filename as the script. 

One file is very small and has the extension .cfg  (e.g.  kap_uav.cfg).  That file simply stores your selection of which parameter set to store.

The other files will have the extension .0 to .9 .  These are the various versions of the script parameter options you may have stored.   The default is the file with the .0 extension (i.e. kap_uav.0).

So if you save and restore kap_uav.cfg and kap_uav.0 in the A/CHDK/DATA folder you will backup your script settings.   Or simply save and restore everything in that folder.

Script parameter sets are explained here : CHDK User Manual : Script Parameters
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #822 on: 19 / April / 2016, 04:45:59 »
continuous mode = "Burst", right?
I'm not sure what you are asking me here and why you are asking. So providing a good answer might be tough.

The script uses the in_continuous_mode variable to indicate that continuous (or burst) shooting has started.  The variable can be either true or false.  When the script is shooting in continuous mode, the exposure is only set at the start of each shooting sequence and the script shoots as quickly as possible - usually under USB Remote control.

is there a specific reason for the: in_continuous_mode = false
That particular piece of code is called when a specific PWM signal is received (typically from a flight controller). It was intended to allow the flight controller to halt (or reset) a continuous mode shooting sequence.  To do so, it changes a couple of variable that are used to control the shooting state - including the one that indicates the camera is currently shooting in continuous mode.

« Reply #823 on: 19 / April / 2016, 08:49:57 »
Thanks WWZ!
That is similar to what I experienced.

Question?
 how can I turn off the camera gyro? I have half the pictures as landscape the other half(due to a maneuver in the air ) as portrait.

S110, SX200is,

« Reply #824 on: 19 / April / 2016, 15:05:30 »
how can I turn off the camera gyro? I have half the pictures as landscape the other half(due to a maneuver in the air ) as portrait.
I don't think the camera records a different image based on orientation.

However it does record it's orientation at the time of the shot in the image's EXIF data.  So what you are seeing is the image display software in your PC rotating the image between portrait and landscape modes. 

You either need to turn that feature off in your PC software or manually edit the EXIF data in each image to remove the orientation information.

« Reply #825 on: 22 / April / 2016, 13:02:33 »
Thanks WWZ!

Meanwhile since I fried my S110 with 12V I bought an SX200IS, but there are a few differences in how it is working.
My main problem I absolutely need to solve is the shot rate. Right now it is down to 1.9s  with BURST and NO USB CONTROL.
 SD card is a 90MB/s write speed so that cannot be the problem.
Can you please help me get it down to .5s (as the S110)?
Please tell me what flies are needed to ID the problem.

Many thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2016, 13:09:39 by netptl39 »
S110, SX200is,

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #826 on: 22 / April / 2016, 13:24:24 »
I bought an SX200IS, ... Can you please help me get it down to .5s (as the S110)?
This is technically not possible. See the specifications for the SX200 - Continuous drive 0.8 fps.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #827 on: 22 / April / 2016, 13:32:49 »
I bought an SX200IS, ... Can you please help me get it down to .5s (as the S110)?
This is technically not possible. See the specifications for the SX200 - Continuous drive 0.8 fps
Well, 0.8 fps is 1.25 seconds per shot. Which is better than 1.8 seconds per shot.

Some of the tricks to try include shot review off, RAW off, and ISO below 800.

You could also try putting the camera into continuous drive mode using the Canon menu. The script should be able to handle that.

But as msl points out, there is a lower limit of what this camera can do.  Sorry.

« Reply #828 on: 22 / April / 2016, 14:10:07 »
Damn, I must have missed that during scouting.
I'll call it a day and go back to the interface and building a slower UAV.

Do I absolutely need a DIGIC V with CMOS for the 2fps or there a DIGIC 4s with CCD that can have that?
Many thanks in advance!
S110, SX200is,

Offline reyalp

« Reply #829 on: 22 / April / 2016, 15:52:31 »
Do I absolutely need a DIGIC V with CMOS for the 2fps or there a DIGIC 4s with CCD that can have that?
As msl suggested, the Canon specification for continuous shooting will give you an upper bound on the possible shooting rate. CHDK will never be much faster, and depending on the particular script and settings may be significantly significantly slower.

In general, recent low end powershots aren't going to do 2 fps at full resolution. Some shoot faster in special low light or fast shooting modes, but images are half sized (1/4 the number of pixels) and quality is reduced.
Don't forget what the H stands for.