KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 85 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #840 on: 07 / May / 2016, 17:19:08 »
Advertisements
Ah, okay. The phototransistor feedback cable is a big help in this case. The photos with a red dot are georeferenced, and accounted for in the log. They are red because Pix4D is unable to match them up to the rest of the photos since the airplane is turning and it's a single photo on the end. The LED flashes whether the Pixhawk triggers the photo or it's a superfluous photo at the end.

« Reply #841 on: 07 / May / 2016, 18:30:48 »
Here's the log with LED flash duration. Seems to be well under a second. Not sure why I thought it was slower.

« Reply #842 on: 07 / May / 2016, 18:36:51 »
Here's the log with LED flash duration. Seems to be well under a second. Not sure why I thought it was slower.
Thanks.  Individual shots clock in at 3/4 of a second - continuous mode shots running 0.4 seconds.

Not bad actually.

Edit : If it's not working for your customer,  do I need to figure how to shorten the LED "on" time? Or is this something the Pixhawk can handle?
« Last Edit: 07 / May / 2016, 18:42:24 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #843 on: 07 / May / 2016, 18:42:09 »
Do you have another recommendation for a point and shoot like the S110 that can be USB triggered? S110s are great, but getting really expensive and hard to find. Other Canon point and shoots just aren't as clear.

« Reply #844 on: 07 / May / 2016, 18:45:59 »
Do you have another recommendation for a point and shoot like the S110 that can be USB triggered? S110s are great, but getting really expensive and hard to find. Other Canon point and shoots just aren't as clear.
AFAIK every CHDK enabled camera can be USB triggered.  I wrote the code currently in use so there is a 50:50 chance I know what I'm talking about here.  8)   The trick is probably finding a Powershot that is CHDK supported, commercially available, and not brutally expensive.  The Canon refurb store is a great source but it's hit and miss as to what they have available.

Edit : take a look at the IXUS160/ELPH160.  Not the same class as the S90/S110 line but still available and not expensive. 
ex : B&H Photo
« Last Edit: 07 / May / 2016, 18:49:29 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #845 on: 09 / May / 2016, 17:30:25 »
Hi all,

It´s my first post here. I'm using CHDK with a Canon S110 in the "one shot" mode with APM and the results are good.

Searching a way to take more photos (flying faster or at lower altitudes) I found this forum and the "burst" mode used in the Pixhawk.

I would like to know: Does this "burst" mode work for APM?

Thanks!
Max

« Reply #846 on: 09 / May / 2016, 17:36:49 »
Hi Max,

Set your Pixhawk and S110 like this: http://tuffwing.com/support/Install_KAP_UAV_Exposure_Control_Script.html

Brian

« Reply #847 on: 09 / May / 2016, 17:45:15 »
Hi Brian,

Does it work the same way for the APM? I don't have a Pixhawk.

Thanks!

« Reply #848 on: 09 / May / 2016, 20:24:52 »
Hmm, I don't know. Try it on an RC out. I haven't looked at an APM in a while.

« Reply #849 on: 06 / June / 2016, 16:36:59 »
Hi there.  I've been using CHDK for UAV mapping for a few years, but I just got a new camera (A2300).  I love this script, but turning off the intervalometer disrupts my practiced workflow..with the camera mounted on a gimbal, it's hard to get to the MENU button to turn it off...in the past, I've just used the shutter button, which would be far easier.  Is there a setting that I'm missing?  Thanks