KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 92 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies

Offline lanzo

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #910 on: 13 / December / 2016, 13:38:28 »
Advertisements
I have some photo diodes (2 legs only) 5 and 8 mm and some BC547 BC557 I usually put on the pixhawk shutter cable circuit, the circuit diagram is what I am trying to discover, the electronic shop is at 5 hours of car, but next week I will travel there, until now I only tested the Diode let pass 6V when smartphone lights it and 0,5V when obscured (using one 6V battery pack).
Thank you for the script!

« Reply #911 on: 13 / December / 2016, 15:57:39 »
I have some photo diodes (2 legs only) 5 and 8 mm and some BC547 BC557 I usually put on the pixhawk shutter cable circuit, the circuit diagram is what I am trying to discover

link : Electronics Tutorials : Light Sensors
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline lanzo

« Reply #912 on: 16 / December / 2016, 17:50:32 »
My interface is done and working with Reach RTK, now I want to test with Pixhawk too, it seems it uses the same TTL logic.
I think Brian used only two resistors as the cable is very thin, maybe next time I try to semplify it.
The circuit input 5V and gives 3,3V in normal state and 0,05V during shutter.
TTL must work <0.8V >2V
« Last Edit: 16 / December / 2016, 17:55:02 by lanzo »

airfix4

« Reply #913 on: 19 / December / 2016, 07:58:10 »
Hello,

This is my first post here. I've done some research, but have not seen an answer to my, hopefully simple, issue.

I am using Pixhawk to trigger a S100 with KAP 3.8.

I get an extra image every time the Pixhawk triggers the camera. Example; the mission calls for 33 images and 66 are taken. Every other image is not called for in the plan and the GPS exif information is the same. I currently am deleting, every other, unwanted, image from the SD card after a flight to post process.

The flight computer is connected to the S100 using a Tuffwing cable assembly. Mission Planner is set to trigger via distance.

Great script. I hope there is an easy fix for this nuisance.

« Reply #914 on: 19 / December / 2016, 08:07:29 »
This is my first post here. I've done some research, but have not seen an answer to my, hopefully simple,problem.
Please post the kap.log file from the top level folder (root) of your SD card as an attachment here.

Offline lanzo

« Reply #915 on: 19 / December / 2016, 08:53:37 »
Dear waterwingz I am upgrading from KAP_UAV 3.7a to 3.8 because of
added improved LED sync code to create shorter "on time" for syncing with pixhawk flight controller
If you remember you created 3.7a because it was not shutting off the display in 3.7
As I am looking at the parameters again I have a question for you:
What is the difference between USB shot control "One shot" and "Pixhawk"?
I am using One shot with pixhawk by one year with success, I have a circuit that input 5V and 3.3V relais and output 5V to the USB cable, am I outdated with this setup?
Shot Interval is set to Fast is it ok?
Thank you!

p.s. I have the same problem I had with 3.7 the display turn off but turn on again when shooting photo
Comparing 3.7 to 3.7a the only difference is on line 966
        if( not(is_key("no_key")) and not(is_key("remote")) and (backlight_saver>0) and (blite_timer==0)) then
but 3.8 is identical to 3.7a :( ?!
« Last Edit: 19 / December / 2016, 10:47:58 by lanzo »

« Reply #916 on: 19 / December / 2016, 19:42:14 »
What is the difference between USB shot control "One shot" and "Pixhawk"?
In "One shot" mode the camera will focus, set exposure, and shoot each time the USB +5V signal activates. 

In "Pixhawk" mode, CHDK interprets pulse width modulated (PWM) commands received on the USB +5V line - typically from one of the outputs of a flight controller or other microcontroller.

I am using One shot with pixhawk by one year with success, I have a circuit that input 5V and 3.3V relais and output 5V to the USB cable, am I outdated with this setup?
No.

Shot Interval is set to Fast is it ok?
Yes.

p.s. I have the same problem I had with 3.7 the display turn off but turn on again when shooting photo
Comparing 3.7 to 3.7a the only difference is on line 966
        if( not(is_key("no_key")) and not(is_key("remote")) and (backlight_saver>0) and (blite_timer==0)) then
but 3.8 is identical to 3.7a :( ?!
So are you saying that the display would not stay off in 3.7 but 3.7a worked properly?  And now 3.8 does not?
« Last Edit: 19 / December / 2016, 20:00:43 by waterwingz »

airfix4

« Reply #917 on: 19 / December / 2016, 20:56:12 »
This is my first post here. I've done some research, but have not seen an answer to my, hopefully simple,problem.
Please post the kap.log file from the top level folder (root) of your SD card as an attachment here.

Thanks. Here it is.

« Reply #918 on: 19 / December / 2016, 21:35:55 »
Thanks. Here it is.
Ummm .. the most recent entry in that log file is from Sept 29 2016?  Which suggests these possibilities :

• the time is set incorrectly in your camera?
  • you accidentally (or purposely?) disabled the script log function using the script parameter choices in the CHDK Script menu?
  • you did not get this log from the card that was actually in your camera when you saw the double exposures?

In any case, that log file does not have any shooting information so it's not going to be any help.  I was really hoping to see what the log said about the script options you selected and to see the very detailed information it keeps about each shot.

If we can't solve this,  you will probably need to get a new log by doing another shooting run so that I can see what's happening.

Best I can offer.  Sorry.

Offline lanzo

« Reply #919 on: 20 / December / 2016, 12:15:32 »
So are you saying that the display would not stay off in 3.7 but 3.7a worked properly?  And now 3.8 does not?
I have formatted, installed everything from scratch and now it works, sorry for the false alert