KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 94 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies

Offline tokm

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #930 on: 15 / March / 2017, 12:52:18 »
Advertisements
Is the USB shot control for Pixhawk camera model specific?
There is nothing camera model specific in the script.  Most likely what is happening here is that you have the script configured differently or something in the Canon setup configured differently.  There is also a small chance of a bug in the CHDK port for your A3400.

The first step in figuring this out is to look at the script's log files. Please post the KAP.LOG file from both camera as attachments here.  You will find them in the top level folder of your SD cards..

Here is the log from the A4000 setup for USB Shot Control Pixhawk (which is working)

« Reply #931 on: 15 / March / 2017, 21:20:26 »
Here are two files.  The log from the A3400 configured to use USB Shot Control as OneShot and the A3400 configured to use USB Shot Control as Pixhawk.
A quick look at those logs shows me that both were run in "One Shot" mode.  Look for :

Focus:AF  Video:0 USB:2:1 Tmo:0

in the log.  The "USB:2" means one shot mode.  Pixhawk mode is "USB:4".

Please post a log file with your A3400 set to pixhawk mode. It would be nice to see the results of taking a couple of test shots too - don't just stop the script and dump the log please.  (Logs with both One shot and Pixhawk modes selected please).

In the meantime, I'll find one of my debug scripts that dumps a lot more info to the log file so that we can see if your A3400 CHDK port is possibly buggy.

Also, if you look at KAP UAV Exposure Control Script : Camera Settings it is strongly suggested that you turn off Continuous Autofocus and Servo Autofocus in your camera's Canon menu.  In all three logs, you have it turned on.  That's most likely not related to your pixhawk problems but could cause other focus related issues later.

edit : my last comment in this post may explain why your A4000 log has entries that say : Warning:MF enable failed***

« Last Edit: 15 / March / 2017, 21:40:45 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline tokm

« Reply #932 on: 16 / March / 2017, 05:29:57 »
Here are two files.  The log from the A3400 configured to use USB Shot Control as OneShot and the A3400 configured to use USB Shot Control as Pixhawk.
A quick look at those logs shows me that both were run in "One Shot" mode.  Look for :

Please post a log file with your A3400 set to pixhawk mode. It would be nice to see the results of taking a couple of test shots too - don't just stop the script and dump the log please.  (Logs with both One shot and Pixhawk modes selected please).

In the meantime, I'll find one of my debug scripts that dumps a lot more info to the log file so that we can see if your A3400 CHDK port is possibly buggy.

Also, if you look at KAP UAV Exposure Control Script : Camera Settings it is strongly suggested that you turn off Continuous Autofocus and Servo Autofocus in your camera's Canon menu.  In all three logs, you have it turned on.  That's most likely not related to your pixhawk problems but could cause other focus related issues later.

edit : my last comment in this post may explain why your A4000 log has entries that say : Warning:MF enable failed***

I will get you the logs today.  These two models of cameras don't have the option in the menu to disable Continuous Autofocus or Servo Autofocus, or if they do, I can't find it. 

Offline tokm

« Reply #933 on: 16 / March / 2017, 06:56:22 »
I found the settings in the A4000.  I'll post the logs shortly.

Offline tokm

« Reply #934 on: 16 / March / 2017, 07:44:27 »

Ok I know why the log showed USB:2, its because it was the log from the previous attempt when I had it set to OneShot.  When I set it to Pixhawk, no log gets created and the display doesn't get past 'waiting on USB'.  I even tried to plug it into the USB port on my laptop numerous times but the script doesn't go past 'waiting on USB'.  This model does work though when it is set to OneShot. 

« Reply #935 on: 16 / March / 2017, 11:01:45 »
Ok I know why the log showed USB:2, its because it was the log from the previous attempt when I had it set to OneShot.  When I set it to Pixhawk, no log gets created and the display doesn't get past 'waiting on USB'.  I even tried to plug it into the USB port on my laptop numerous times but the script doesn't go past 'waiting on USB'.  This model does work though when it is set to OneShot.
So the USB is working.  That's a good start.

I took a quick look at the code and the log buffers don't start writing to disk right away.  That's why you don't get a log. I'll fix that.

It also looks like the internal timers in your camera mau not be accurate.  Or they are just enough different (either fast or slow) to throw off the pulse width measurements that the script performs. We should be able to confirm that once the log issue is resolved.

I'll get back to you tonight.

Offline tokm

« Reply #936 on: 16 / March / 2017, 11:22:01 »
So the USB is working.  That's a good start.

I took a quick look at the code and the log buffers don't start writing to disk right away.  That's why you don't get a log. I'll fix that.

It also looks like the internal timers in your camera mau not be accurate.  Or they are just enough different (either fast or slow) to throw off the pulse width measurements that the script performs. We should be able to confirm that once the log issue is resolved.

I'll get back to you tonight.

Sounds good.

« Reply #937 on: 16 / March / 2017, 21:47:33 »
I took a quick look at the code and the log buffers don't start writing to disk right away.  T
I took a closer look.  If you press the camera's MENU button while it is waiting for USB pulses (and after you are sure that your pixhawk has sent a few pulses) then the script will write out a log file and stop.   Please do so?

Offline tokm

« Reply #938 on: 17 / March / 2017, 05:43:59 »
I took a quick look at the code and the log buffers don't start writing to disk right away.  T
I took a closer look.  If you press the camera's MENU button while it is waiting for USB pulses (and after you are sure that your pixhawk has sent a few pulses) then the script will write out a log file and stop.   Please do so?

Here it is.

« Reply #939 on: 17 / March / 2017, 07:16:24 »
Here it is.
Okay - it's not seeing the start pulse.  Please run the attached script on both your cameras with the pixhawk attached and requesting shooting.

You'll see USB pulse width info on the LCD. It will also create a log file ( CHDK/LOGS/LOG_0001.TXT ) on your SD card.  Please attach results from both cameras here.