SX1 - help needed with 2.01a firmware - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX1 - help needed with 2.01a firmware

• 3 Replies
SX1 - help needed with 2.01a firmware
« on: 14 / July / 2009, 10:35:36 »
Advertisements
hi guys,

can anybody help us poor users of the 2.01a firmware out?? :-)

Since I'm dying without bulb mode, can somebody point me in the right direction? What is to be done, to get the chdk to work on our 2.01a (2.0.1.0) SX1 firmware? I've made a 2.01a firmware dump earlier (available in the fw dump download page), but don't know how to get further.

What's next??

Since I can do a lot of things - except program in assembler or c - can anybody do "the magic"? I can try to help out the best I can, but I feel, I'm not ready for porting it on my own.

I **think** one of the major changes between firmware 2.00h and 2.01a is the "feature" of NOT accepting any locked SD or SDHC Card.

In change to the older firmwares the camera WON'T BOOT, if

a.) NO card is inserted (not in playback and not in shooting mode)

b.) a LOCKED card is inserted (not with CHDK and even not without CHDK)

If this has happened, the SX1 just locks up an is doing really nothing - until you remove the batteries for some seconds. In this state it is not enough, to insert a unlocked card, or reopen and reclose the sdhc compartment. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE BATTERIES and insert a unlocked card, to make it function again.

This happens even with an empty card, which is freshly formatted and has nothing to do with CHDK.

Can somebody please try to compile the 2.00h version of the firmware in such kind, that it even boots on unlocked cards? (simply remove the check of the card lock)?

I know this is sub-optimal, because it is not possible to decide wether to start the chdk or not (with the lock switch of the card), but if it works, we could use "a dedicated CHDK card" (that always boots CHDK) until the problem is solved.

Just to try it out for testing purposes.

And you can bet that I'm badly willing to test it.

as fe50 already said, my 2.01a firmware-dump is to be found here ---> http://tommy.oseven.de/files/Canon_SX1-0201a.bin

or here ---> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Sx1#Firmware_dumps

Thank you all

thumbs up

Offline reyalp

Re: SX1 - help needed with 2.01a firmware
« Reply #1 on: 14 / July / 2009, 21:55:57 »
In change to the older firmwares the camera WON'T BOOT, if

a.) NO card is inserted (not in playback and not in shooting mode)

b.) a LOCKED card is inserted (not with CHDK and even not without CHDK)
If b.) were true, then you wouldn't have been able to get a dump. udumper boots exactly the same way autobooted CHDK does.

It sounds like what you are describing is that the camera crashes, which probably means that you have either udumper or CHDK files on the card.
Can somebody please try to compile the 2.00h version of the firmware in such kind, that it even boots on unlocked cards? (simply remove the check of the card lock)?
This is impossible, since it isn't CHDK that controls this. The original firmware is what loads the CHDK DISKBOOT.BIN, and in all known cameras, this is only done if the card is locked.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 16 / July / 2009, 17:36:05 »
ok, thanks for the information

« Reply #3 on: 03 / August / 2009, 09:32:23 »
Hi All,

Are there any developments in the CHDK for sx1 with 2.01a firmware?

Thanks!