chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 111 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies
Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client
« Reply #1100 on: 05 / March / 2022, 06:48:12 »
Advertisements
;) ... You installed the right driver on the wrong device, need to undo if You need bluetooth. Then list all devices, choose canon, ... ,unplug & restart cam, retry ptp...  :-[

Ah...The problem is, I don't see 'Canon Digital Camera'. I only see Easy Camera which leads me to believe there's something wrong with my mini USB

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #1101 on: 05 / March / 2022, 08:52:56 »
I only see Easy Camera...
Offtopic ??... :haha
I´ve never seen that. Maybe installed webcam hiding others?
Or something like https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13426.msg142722#msg142722 ?? :-[
« Last Edit: 05 / March / 2022, 10:09:46 by Caefix »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1102 on: 05 / March / 2022, 14:44:23 »
Ah...The problem is, I don't see 'Canon Digital Camera'. I only see Easy Camera which leads me to believe there's something wrong with my mini USB
Does windows recognize the camera at all? Without the libusb driver installed, when you plug in the camera, it should be visible in windows explorer and you should be able browse and transfer pictures.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #1103 on: 05 / March / 2022, 17:13:54 »
Does windows recognize the camera at all? Without the libusb driver installed, when you plug in the camera, it should be visible in windows explorer and you should be able browse and transfer pictures.

No it isn't. In fact, I just double checked with Camera Window and it says "Cannot detect camera" even though it's on and plugged in.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1104 on: 05 / March / 2022, 17:17:13 »
No it isn't. In fact, I just double checked with Camera Window and it says "Cannot detect camera" even though it's on and plugged in.
What camera do you have?
Is CHDK installed?
If CHDK is installed, make sure you have "USB remote" disabled
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #1105 on: 06 / March / 2022, 08:16:24 »
What camera do you have?
Is CHDK installed?
If CHDK is installed, make sure you have "USB remote" disabled

I have a Canon IXUS 185

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #1106 on: 07 / March / 2022, 07:31:18 »
Hmm,  :blink: some cables look like USB cables, but are only good for charching,
or to confirm on their way from somwhere to elsewhere, that from there to here it´s just as far as from here to there...
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.