A570 IS movie mode - image stabilization button - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A570 IS movie mode - image stabilization button

• 3 Replies
A570 IS movie mode - image stabilization button
« on: 23 / January / 2008, 21:21:29 »
Advertisements
I just got an A570 IS. Played with the movie mode. I liked the image stabilization but when panning it would be nice to be able to switch the stabilization mode to panning with the Printer button. Hold the button in and it goes into Panning IS, release the switch and it goes back into full IS mode.

Offline jeff666

• A720IS
Re: A570 IS movie mode - image stabilization button
« Reply #1 on: 28 / January / 2008, 06:34:45 »
Hold the button in and it goes into Panning IS, release the switch and it goes back into full IS mode.

In theory this should be possible. We need two things
1. test if a button is pressed (we already do this)
2. change camera settings via property case (not sure if IS propcase is known)

Currently it's not possible, though. The main reason is, because we are "out of buttons".

But this request brings another idea: full keyboard remapping.
I imagine it like this:
* We switch between modes (maybe by overriding the mode dial or rec/playback-switch) and change the keyboard map.
* In each map we assign a particular function to each key (with one exception: the Print-button toggles alt-mode or brings up the chdk-menu so we prevent locking ourselfes out of the camera).
* A function is any particular action (defined in a textfile) and may include propcase settings and/or actual keys or sequences of keys to press.

We must keep in mind, though, that this approach would change the behaviour (or "look-and-feel") of the camera's interface completely.

Sounds usable or are my ideas to complicated?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #2 on: 28 / January / 2008, 14:16:32 »
Well I for one wouldn't mind at all if I all those scene modes could be configured to be replaced by P-mode (or M or Av, or... this should obviously be configurable) in different CHDK operating modes assigned to them...

But would this require touching the Canon firmware to disable all the horrid things normally happening in the scene modes?

Offline jeff666

• A720IS
« Reply #3 on: 28 / January / 2008, 18:01:29 »
Quote from: fudgey
But would this require touching the Canon firmware to disable all the horrid things normally happening in the scene modes?

No, it wouldn't. The mode dial is just a switch like any other. CHDK sits between the keyboard and the firmware. The firmware sees what we want it to see. Thus we can decide what mode-dial-position the firmware sees, no matter what the dial actually says.

Cheers.