G12 Release - available from the autobuild server - page 9 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

G12 Release - available from the autobuild server

• 136 Replies
Re: G12 beta release
« Reply #80 on: 05 / April / 2011, 00:03:20 »
Advertisements
I'm enjoying the port on my G12. Thank you for your work.

The G12 is pretty feature rich, and the biggest reason I built out my SD card with CHDK is to script HDR bracketing (5 shots at the moment). Although I can set_tv_rel I cannot get_tv and can't find a prop 0-300 to check or set Tv. I am shooting Manual Mode, but really the get_tv should work in any mode.

Ideally, if the camera is in autofocus, I would like to shoot_half (to focus) and then turn on manual focus so the focal point stays the same through the other shots.

I would love to see a prop/get_tv working, and secondary the ability to click "mf" (manual focus).

Thank you for your work, Charles "Revantine"

I'm not an expert on scripting so I'm not entirely sure what part isn't working.

Can you post a sample script that you are having problems with so I can better understand the issue.

Thanks,
Phil.

A simple script to see the Av, it gets it, then print a number the corresponds to the setting.
The a and t are variables and have arbitrary names.
Code: [Select]
get_av a
print "av ",a
You can also get it be property
get_prop 26 a
print "av ",a

This should print a number for the shutter speed
get_tv t
print "tv ",t

There is an lua script that dumps all the properties at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Lua/Lua_Reference
You run the script and it records the current values, change the Tv, run it again and it will list props that have changed.

« Reply #81 on: 05 / April / 2011, 23:42:56 »
A very big thank you  - again - to all that made chdk available for the G12.

I seem to have one issue I did not have before with CHDK on the PowerShot A640: I cannot run timelapse scripts when the screen is turned off.  I'm running some timelapse scripts that work fine when the screen is on, but it looks like I cannot activate CHDK once the screen is off.
==> Does anyone has the same issue? (with beta 6 and beta 8)
==> Is there a way to turn off the screen in the script itself?

Many thanks in anycase!

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #82 on: 06 / April / 2011, 05:21:53 »
A simple script to see the Av, it gets it, then print a number the corresponds to the setting.
get_av a
print "av ",a
get_prop 26 a
print "av ",a

get_tv t
print "tv ",t

On the G12:
Property 26 is USER_AV, the equivalent function to get this value is get_user_av96.
Property 268 is USER_TV, the equivalent function to get this value is get_user_tv96.

The corresponding functions to set these values are set_user_av96 and set_user_tv96.

There is no 'get_tv' ubasic command (and there has not been one in CHDK for a long time) - using 'get_tv' will crash the camera.

Phil.

CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #83 on: 06 / April / 2011, 05:24:56 »
A very big thank you  - again - to all that made chdk available for the G12.

I seem to have one issue I did not have before with CHDK on the PowerShot A640: I cannot run timelapse scripts when the screen is turned off.  I'm running some timelapse scripts that work fine when the screen is on, but it looks like I cannot activate CHDK once the screen is off.
==> Does anyone has the same issue? (with beta 6 and beta 8)
==> Is there a way to turn off the screen in the script itself?

Many thanks in anycase!

Under the CHDK ALT Menu, select the 'Miscellaneous stuff' menu.
In here you can set the 'Disable LCD off' value - setting it to Script will stop the camera turning of the LCD while scripts are running.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #84 on: 06 / April / 2011, 11:36:55 »
get_av a
print "av ",a
get_prop 26 a
print "av ",a

get_tv t
print "tv ",t

On the G12:
Property 26 is USER_AV, the equivalent function to get this value is get_user_av96.
Property 268 is USER_TV, the equivalent function to get this value is get_user_tv96.

The corresponding functions to set these values are set_user_av96 and set_user_tv96.

There is no 'get_tv' ubasic command (and there has not been one in CHDK for a long time) - using 'get_tv' will crash the camera.

Phil.

Thank you Phil. I'm not sure how I missed 268 (it of course works). I didn't know about the get_user_tv96.

Thank you again, Charles

« Reply #85 on: 06 / April / 2011, 11:47:25 »
Phil, is it possible to switch to manual focus mode on the G12 from script?

Offline kezug

Re: G12 beta release (now also available from the autobuild server)
« Reply #86 on: 10 / April / 2011, 16:01:13 »
I would like to thank all those who contribute to the build outs of CHDK!

Is it safe to put CHDK's latest beta (I believe 6) on the G12?
G12 builds are available from the autobuild server http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ It should be approximately as a safe (or unsafe) as any other CHDK version.
NOTE: I am used to CHDK on the G11...will it be very similar? (in use and in loading to SD card?)
Pretty much identical.

Hmmmm, cant seem to get this to work. I had G11 CHDK on an SDHC 4BG card and it worked fine.  SO I used CardTrick to overlay CHDK to SDHC using overright..but it doesnt seem to have worked.

WHen I put my card in, locked, nothing happens..the camera can not boot.

Should I reformat and do that way?
« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2011, 16:21:37 by kezug »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #87 on: 10 / April / 2011, 16:21:33 »
The link you gave me doesnt seem to work
There are DNS issues with the autobuild server at the moment, use http://hacki.someserver.de/ instead
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline kezug

« Reply #88 on: 10 / April / 2011, 16:45:19 »
^^^ Thanks. that worked.

I have scripts that I downloaded for the G11 (Ltng1-MDFB-080914.bas and mint.lua) will these continue to work for the G12, or I do I need to find new G12 scripts?

Also, I am trying to run scripts...however, when I got into ALT mode, press the Set button, I get the Script Menu, then I select Load script from File...(i use the set button again to select this menu option).  When I do this, it starts the default script, takes a picture and then somewhat gets stuck.  I cant get to the select script menu to select a script!

Lastly (for this post :) ) what is the white bar on the bottom of my screen (when in CHDK mode) that goes 1/2 way across from left to right?
« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2011, 17:17:00 by kezug »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #89 on: 10 / April / 2011, 17:42:03 »
I have scripts that I downloaded for the G11 (Ltng1-MDFB-080914.bas and mint.lua) will these continue to work for the G12, or I do I need to find new G12 scripts?
Depends on the script. Some scripts refer to propcases ( http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PropertyCase ) by number, and in some cases these numbers are different between camera models. G11 is propset 3, g12 is propset 4. Many propcases are the same in these two, so there may not be a problem.

There may be other features or issues unique to the ports, these are for you to discover either by running into them yourself or reading the experiences of other users with these cameras ;)

Also, I am trying to run scripts...however, when I got into ALT mode, press the Set button, I get the Script Menu, then I select Load script from File...(i use the set button again to select this menu option).  When I do this, it starts the default script, takes a picture and then somewhat gets stuck.
I don't understand. The set button should not start a script, it just loads it. The currently loaded script will be shown when you are in alt mode, but it isn't running. To run the script, you must press the shutter button. You can press the shutter again to interrupt the script.

Lastly (for this post :) ) what is the white bar on the bottom of my screen (when in CHDK mode) that goes 1/2 way across from left to right?
It's the free space bar, one of CHDKs many redundant free space displays ;) Can be turned off in the OSD settings.
Don't forget what the H stands for.