Best for CHDK? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Best for CHDK?

• 2 Replies
Best for CHDK?
« on: 13 / April / 2009, 16:23:03 »
Advertisements
1st, thanks and vielen dank to all those who made CHDK stuffs available.

I have a SD800 and have had a blast with it.  I am interested in remote capabilities and intervals as I use it attached to a hang glider.

I would love another canon to run CHDK on (yes, it gets addictive).  Which model is the best that currently supports CHDK?

I noticed really none of the new models jive with CHDK.  I have spent hours here and know my way around the wiki, so I can find myself a list of which ones are supported, I am just curious which ones you find to be the best.  I have no programming skills and am just a user.

I love the SD880is but only if it ran CHDK.....yeah, if my aunt had...... :xmas :-X

Thanks for the help

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Best for CHDK?
« Reply #1 on: 13 / April / 2009, 16:47:33 »
wait a few weeks, a lot of the new canon models will be supported, i know of at least 3 models that currently are in beta/alpha state, which normally means there is a dev on the job who will finish it :)
other than that, it depends on what you want: small/compact/cheap, medium sized or big, bulky, feature laced & expensive?
for hanggliding i guess you need small and compact. you could buy another sd800 and team your cams for stereo photography.

Re: Best for CHDK?
« Reply #2 on: 13 / April / 2009, 23:27:36 »
Thanks for the reply.  I'll try and be patient....  :'(

I'll also head over to the hardware section soon and post pics of my super swanky door bell remote  ;)