chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 49 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #480 on: 21 / December / 2013, 16:24:48 »
Advertisements
Yes, this is likely the biggest factor. I'll look around for a replacement to the A490 camera. Do you, or anyone else reading, know if some newer models like the powershot A2500 (in CHDK alpha I read) has the filewrite feature, meaning it is possible that they in the future may support remote shoot?
See the FWT column in this table http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable

However, if you get a camera that isn't supported, there is a fair chance someone will be willing to add support.

Ok. In continous remote shooting ( rs -cont=20 ) the A490 cycle is around 1.8 seconds per shoot which is very good.
If you can accept fixed focus and exposure, it may be possible to create a "synchronized continuous" mode, where the camera operates in continuous mode, but waits until it gets a signal from the pc for each shot. Doing this correctly would probably require some changes in the core (like what lapser did for continuous mode timelapse) but it might be possible to get fairly close by not downloading something until you are ready for the next shot. The camera jpeg saving can overlap with shooting (up until the raw hook, where the remote shoot code forces a wait), so this might have to be done using the DNG header.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline tpont

« Reply #481 on: 22 / December / 2013, 05:19:51 »
See the FWT column in this table http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable
However, if you get a camera that isn't supported, there is a fair chance someone will be willing to add support.
Ok thanks.

If you can accept fixed focus and exposure, it may be possible to create a "synchronized continuous" mode, where the camera operates in continuous mode, but waits until it gets a signal from the pc for each shot. Doing this correctly would probably require some changes in the core (like what lapser did for continuous mode timelapse) but it might be possible to get fairly close by not downloading something until you are ready for the next shot. The camera jpeg saving can overlap with shooting (up until the raw hook, where the remote shoot code forces a wait), so this might have to be done using the DNG header.
That sounds very good. I already lock the focus manually in the setup steps and the lighting conditions do not change between the shoots.

Offline tpont

« Reply #482 on: 05 / January / 2014, 17:34:41 »
Let me add that I'd happily beta test attempts at such a "synchronized continuous" mode if anyone takes a shot at it.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #483 on: 05 / January / 2014, 17:36:17 »
Let me add that I'd happily beta test attempts at such a "synchronized continuous" mode if anyone takes a shot at it.
The "shooting hooks" feature recently added to the trunk should enable this. I'll see if I can put something together.

Re: alternative ptp client (shortcut keys?)
« Reply #484 on: 10 / January / 2014, 07:06:21 »
I just started using chdkptp. Are there shortcut keys assigned to the buttons. So I can control the camera using keyboard?

Phuoc

Offline reyalp

« Reply #485 on: 11 / January / 2014, 00:03:59 »
I just started using chdkptp. Are there shortcut keys assigned to the buttons. So I can control the camera using keyboard?
Not currently, but it's a good suggestion.

« Reply #486 on: 11 / January / 2014, 23:33:16 »
Not currently, but it's a good suggestion.
Thanks, it should be a simple enhancement for developers. But it would be a giant leap for users  :-) because then I can use e.g. WiiMote to control my camera.
Hope to see the feature very soon, thanks.

Re: alternative ptp client (on S100)
« Reply #487 on: 12 / January / 2014, 17:55:41 »
This is what I see with my S100, the image is a bit distorted:

Can I do anything with settings to get it right?

2nd question, can I flip the viewfinder left-to-right? It's easier to use a mirror image when I turn the camera to me.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #488 on: 12 / January / 2014, 18:50:44 »
Can I do anything with settings to get it right?
No, it needs to be fixed in the CHDK code. It looks like there are two things missing:
1) The bitmap palette for the UI colors
2) The viewfinder size and offsets. These might change depending on the aspect ration selected on the camera, so you may be able to find one that looks better.

If you can create a "quick dump" from the debug tab, that may make it easier for us to fix.
2nd question, can I flip the viewfinder left-to-right? It's easier to use a mirror image when I turn the camera to me.
Not currently. It would probably be fairly straightforward to do in code.

« Reply #489 on: 13 / January / 2014, 06:28:55 »

If you can create a "quick dump" from the debug tab, that may make it easier for us to fix.
Dump attached.