chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 19 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #180 on: 10 / June / 2012, 23:05:04 »
Advertisements
It is interesting that the digital zoom works well up to x8.2, then remains fixed the lower part of the picture, which increases along with increasing zoom.
Towards the enhancement of the x13 image appears in the upper left corner where it continues to increase.
In changeset 1912, i've made a590 get the actual viewport sizes from the camera in rec mode. The stitch offset is not implemented, so it will probably appear in the upper left.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #181 on: 11 / June / 2012, 02:35:32 »
It works well, increased x13 and x16 live view is half size.

« Reply #182 on: 15 / June / 2012, 17:18:25 »
Can anyone build the firmware for a459-100f and provide me a link ? I tried getting the arm compiler setup, but ran into issues. Would be easier if you can help me get the build.

I want to try the live view dumps, and show them as a preview for a photobooth.

« Reply #183 on: 15 / June / 2012, 18:03:10 »
Can anyone build the firmware for a459-100f and provide me a link ?
No problem - except that there is no a459 camera.  Guessing its a typo and you meant for the A495,  here's the most recent build for firmware 1.00F from the reyalp branch : https://www.box.com/s/90ad0d294ee01a7a801e
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: alternative ptp client - raspberry pi
« Reply #184 on: 17 / June / 2012, 15:32:27 »
While its a little early to declare victory, today I succeeded in getting chdkptp to compile natively and run on a Raspberry Pi connected via USB to my G10.   Or at least I got the CLI part working.

I tried both the Debian and Arch version of Linux for the Pi.  The Arch distro was easier to get setup but it throws a Segment Error when connecting via USB to a camera.   The Debian version took a lot more work to find all the right packages and dev libraries but it runs without crashing.

LiveView, here we come !   (or maybe not ...)

« Reply #185 on: 17 / June / 2012, 19:04:15 »
No problem - except that there is no a459 camera.  Guessing its a typo and you meant for the A495,  here's the most recent build for firmware 1.00F from the reyalp branch : https://www.box.com/s/90ad0d294ee01a7a801e
Thank you! I did not proof read before hitting submit. It was indeed for a495. I'll try and post my results to the thread.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #186 on: 02 / July / 2012, 00:33:47 »
Uploaded a build for raspberry pi to http://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

This was built on the wheezy beta from here http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1435 - may or may not work on other distros.

Here's the steps I used to build it:

installed the following packages
liblua5.1-0-dev
libusb-dev
subversion (not required, used to check out the source but you can download it some other way)
zip (only needed for making the zipped binary snapshot package)

checked out the chdkptp source
$ svn co https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdkptp/trunk chdkptp
create chdk/core inside the chdkptp directory, and copy ptp.h and live_view.h from the chdk trunk into it

$ cp config-sample-linux.mk config.mk
edit config.mk, changing
CHDK_SRC_DIR=/path/to/chdk/source
to
CHDK_SRC_DIR=chdk

$ make
$ cp chdkptp-sample.sh chdkptp.sh,

edit chdkptp.sh, change CHDKPTP_DIR to /home/pi/chdkptp

The resulting build doesn't have gui, and for some reason needs to be run as root to access the cam. Seems to work though.

« Reply #187 on: 02 / July / 2012, 09:40:10 »
and for some reason needs to be run as root to access the cam.
I did not need to be root to use the version I build on a "squeeze" image.

Offline dvip

« Reply #188 on: 02 / July / 2012, 15:04:53 »
I am trying to run chdkptp.exe on Windows 7/64-bit with my A590IS-101b.
The program runs fine but when I try to do anything
I get one of these errors:

update mode dropdown nil
error: no devices availableupdate mode dropdown nil
ERROR: not connected

I have libusb installed and ptpCamGui2.0.121 running and working without a problem.

Am I missing something?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #189 on: 02 / July / 2012, 16:23:36 »
error: no devices available
This is the only message that matters. chdkptp isn't seeing any cameras. I use win7 64bit as my primary development platform, so it's not an OS issue.

CHDKPTP should be able to see any device ptpcam can see. It might not see it if the camera is in use by another program.

There are two ways to install the USB driver: The "inf driver" and "filter driver". I found the filter driver very unreliable. The inf driver works great, but means non-libusb programs will generally not see the camera.