chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 26 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #250 on: 14 / October / 2012, 23:32:55 »
Advertisements
I can get chdkptp-r291-win32 to read/delete files from my A590IS-101b
but I can't the "Live" tab to display the live image. It seems to work only in "Play" mode.

I'm using branches_tsvstar-uitest-2215.zip.

Do I need something else to make it work?
You shouldn't. Live view should be supported in every version from CHDK 1.1 onward.  I don't know exactly what is in tsvstars branch, but it seems unlikely he would have broken this. What happens when you try to use the live tab in record mode ?

edit:
Although I doubt this is specific to tsvstars build, any time you have a problem with an unstable branch, it's a good idea to check if the latest stable autobuild from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ has the same problem.
« Last Edit: 14 / October / 2012, 23:35:46 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline dvip

« Reply #251 on: 15 / October / 2012, 00:01:24 »
Thanks, for the reply, reyalp.

>What happens when you try to use the live tab in record mode ?

I get "error: no devices available" and sometimes the cam crashes.
In "Play" mode it works fine. I can read files and look at folders without problems.

With the latest stable autobuild it won't work, not even  in "Play" mode.
I will give it a try again late tomorrow.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #252 on: 15 / October / 2012, 00:08:47 »
I get "error: no devices available" and sometimes the cam crashes.
In "Play" mode it works fine. I can read files and look at folders without problems.
Are you are trying to connect when the camera is already in rec mode ?

You should connect the camera in play mode and then use the GUI buttons (or =switch_mode_usb(1) in the cli) to switch to record. You should not change the physical play/rec switch while the camera is connected.
With the latest stable autobuild it won't work, not even  in "Play" mode.
This is strange. More specific details might be useful.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #253 on: 15 / October / 2012, 01:04:12 »
I've uploaded snapshot build r311 to the files area https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

The remote capture stuff is not enabled in these binaries, since the protocol is still in flux.

The main user visible changes are
1) support palette type 4 (sx110, a495)
2) fixed a big that prevented GUI file downloads form working in some cases
3) added a -overwrite option to mdownload. See help mdl for details.

Offline dvip

« Reply #254 on: 15 / October / 2012, 10:58:50 »
@reyalp,
It works fine on my desktop PC Win 7/64-bit, but not on my laptop Win 7/32-bit :(
Could it be libusb-win32? What version should I use? Any links?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #255 on: 15 / October / 2012, 16:14:02 »
@reyalp,
It works fine on my desktop PC Win 7/64-bit, but not on my laptop Win 7/32-bit :(
Could it be libusb-win32? What version should I use? Any links?
You should probably use the same version that works on your desktop. There aren't separate 32 and 64 bit packages. I'm currently using 1.2.4.0 on my win7 64 desktop.

libusb has "filter" and "inf" drivers. On win7, I found only the inf driver works reliably. With the filter driver, other programs / system services interfere with the libusb connection. The inf driver will prevent other software from seeing the camera at all (possibly only on some physical USB ports, this seems to vary depending on the camera)

Offline dvip

« Reply #256 on: 15 / October / 2012, 19:20:58 »
Got  1.2.4.0, and used "inf" drivers, that did it! :)
chdkptp-r311-win32 is very neat.
Thanks, reyalp!

« Reply #257 on: 25 / October / 2012, 00:22:03 »
A495
Live view works with a495-100f-1.1.0-2228-full_BETA.zip  off the regular trunk, and the UI.

Thanks a ton guys!

« Reply #258 on: 25 / October / 2012, 00:35:31 »
Here is a question, how do I get the live view to show the stream in a custom window. I'm trying to run the chdkptp via a script on click of a button to shoot a photo, but at the same time, trying to show the liveview using another instance of chdkptp -g.

If I connect live view after the script starts, the script fails,
If I start the script, after live view, it stalls, saying another process is now using it.

Any ideas how can I make them work in harmony ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #259 on: 25 / October / 2012, 01:38:25 »
Here is a question, how do I get the live view to show the stream in a custom window.
This would require code changes.
I'm trying to run the chdkptp via a script on click of a button to shoot a photo, but at the same time, trying to show the liveview using another instance of chdkptp -g.
You can only have one PTP connection to a camera at a time, so there is no possibility of using multiple instances to connect to the same camera.

If you are using some other program (?) to trigger chdkptp to shoot, maybe you could send a windows message to the chdkptp GUI window instead ?

The chdkptp GUI is written using IUP http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/. If you have some programming knowledge, you can modify the interface any way you want. I apologize in advance for the lack of documentation in the code...