"Leg Lamp" Space Balloon and Time Lapse - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

"Leg Lamp" Space Balloon and Time Lapse

• 2 Replies
"Leg Lamp" Space Balloon and Time Lapse
« on: 17 / September / 2012, 13:53:57 »
Advertisements
I wouldn't necessary call this a new way of using CHDK, but I recently used it to create a time-lapse photo of the launch of our space balloon last weekend.

I used CHDK on my Canon 60D to take a photo every 15 seconds of our launch setup and also had an on-board camera take photos every 14 seconds.

A quick note about the launch: The goal was to send a mini "Leg Lamp" from A Christmas Story up to 100,000 feet using a weather balloon. A mechanical failure caused the capsule to become separated from the balloon and the parachute. The capsule free fell from 60,000 feet without a parachute and survived! The video shows the details... Note that we recovered the camera with CHDK on it (thankfully).

-Allen

http://youtu.be/DJMAQBin2Nw

Re: "Leg Lamp" Space Balloon and Time Lapse
« Reply #1 on: 18 / September / 2012, 19:14:02 »
A fun video to watch - thanks for posting.

One minor point - CHDK does not run on DSLRs so you were probably using something like Magic Lantern ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: "Leg Lamp" Space Balloon and Time Lapse
« Reply #2 on: 19 / September / 2012, 17:36:58 »
Really nice. You were lucky that nothing hapened to the hardware;) And that nobody was standing there! Keep producing good stuff!
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick