changelog of trunk including comments / devtalk - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

changelog of trunk including comments / devtalk

• 299 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: changelog of trunk including comments / devtalk
« Reply #10 on: 06 / November / 2008, 11:36:37 »
Advertisements
it's definitly the assembla server that takes a lot of time serving the new sourcebrowser page. i think if this doesnt get fixed i will still use the default trac view.

anyhows,in #552 i moved the optional stuff to where it belongs, a new file called buildconf.inc in root (like reyalp suggested).
i tried making lua and ubasic optional, but i failed miserably, there is too much to tap into. but i guess if one really needs a smaller bin size, thats where you can save the most space.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #11 on: 06 / November / 2008, 12:45:38 »
@PhyrePhox

got parsing for buildconf.inc + makefile.inc (backward compatibility !) implemented,
but i have a couple of problems:

1) are these all binary options (ON/OFF) ? i seem to remember that BOOTLOGO used
     to have 3 options. if so i need a way to find out

2) i would prefer to have not-yet-implemented option lines not start with
     either 'OPT_' or '#OPT'

wim

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #12 on: 06 / November / 2008, 12:56:27 »
yes, they are binary, including the logo stuff. couldnt do it any other way, at least i didnt find out.
yeah, i was thinking the same about the not-yet-implemented stuff. will think about it :)

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #13 on: 06 / November / 2008, 13:05:17 »
@phox

just put any character(s) you like between "#" and "OPT".

suggestions ?  '#-OPT' , '# OPT', '# (not yet implemented) OPT' etc.

just choose the method you think most clear for people changing the file
manually, all i need is a way to find out which ones not yet to show.

wim

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX

Offline reyalp

« Reply #15 on: 10 / November / 2008, 01:41:05 »
Changeset 555 - chdk - Trac
+ add os.listdir to lua oslib, updated llibtst.lua
  syntax t=os.listdir("name",[showall])
  returns array of filenames, or nil, strerror, errno
  showall is a placeholder for a boolean value. If it is true, t includes ".", ".." and deleted entries
  NOTE except for the root directory, names ending in / will not work
« Last Edit: 10 / November / 2008, 22:58:32 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #16 on: 10 / November / 2008, 13:52:45 »
  if showall is true, t includes ".", ".." and deleted entries

Nice!

Do you think this could lead way to in-camera undelete?

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #17 on: 18 / November / 2008, 19:40:55 »
added plasmaHHs patch that pimps the edge overlay feature in a major way

tadaa! major pimping of an already cool feature!
you can now SAVE and LOAD edge overlays! this was written by PlasmaHH (shy guy, only in irc :D)
Yes, you read it right:
- save an edge overlay: create an overlay (enable overlay and press half-press) -> go to overlay menu and press save
- load an overlay (go to menu and choose an *.edg file)
- create overlays from jpgs in playmode! (only works on cameras that have a "hardware" switch of play/recmode for now, because on for example s3is halfpressing the shutter activates rec mode!
- free memory by using the item in the edge menu (also you should disable edge-overlay)
changes / enhancements to the mod by me:
- together with the edge overlay the zoom setting is saved, so when you load the file after one year it zooms to the position your camera had when you shot it!
- added the option so that an edge overlay is "locked", meaning the edgeoverlay you loaded or just created is not overwritten in the osd at half-press (this checkbox is overwritten on each camera startup... no big deal, but i dont like it like that right now)
This is a really great feature (for example for LONG-TERM TIMELAPSES, or stop-motion movies, or vertigo-effect, or stereography... the list is endless :D)

* restructured the root menu (put imo the most often used items to the top, moved edge overlay from OSD menu to the root menu, moved remote params menu to the misc menu)

because of this new feature and all the new cams i upped the version to 0.8.0 already...
P.S: had to rewrite some of PlasmaHHs stuff (e.g. write -> fwrite), i hope i did everything correctly (it's working flawlessly on s3is and a620)

two bugs i noticed:
when saving overlays when you havent saved an image before, the overlays all have the wrong time & date (no big deal) - does this also happen on dryos cameras?
one issue i couldnt fix so far: when you load an edge overlay and also set the zoom - the camera doesnt notice that you set the zoom. so when you zoom from position 0 to position max, camera thinks that you still are at 0 - so you can not press the zoom OUT button - if you have to first press zoom in to be able to zoom out again (by zooming in i mean zoom to the max, by zooming out i mean zoom to 0). this also happens when you use zoom in script by the way.
now i dont know if this camera related or chdk code related. we could overcome this, if in set_zoom we actually press one of the zoom buttons, so camera "resets" it's internal "zoomsensor".

edit: got a report from hacki that on his dryos sx100 this feature isnt working at all, he can neither save edgeoverlays (they arent created in the filesystem) nor load them (he still had one from my previous test builds with write instead of fwrite). hm, so what does that mean? need more testers. dryos preferred.
edit2: after some research we have found out that it DOES work in dryos. however, the routine that "calculates" the filename for the *.edg file reports back wrong numbers, which causes the effect that all edgs in dryos are saved as edge_0001.edg, instead of increasing.
making the filename smaller to for example edg0001.edg doesnt fix this. i suspect the problem being in /trunk/core/edgeoverlay.c - chdk - Trac in the function get_edge_file_num , something dryos specific.
« Last Edit: 18 / November / 2008, 21:24:32 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #18 on: 25 / November / 2008, 18:04:39 »
saving of edge overlays still is buggy in dryos - only saves edge_0001.edg all the time. length of the filename isnt the issue here (we tested with shorter names), so the error is in the get_edge_file_num somewhere, specific to dryos.

about #592

+ added define CAM_BRACKETING for cameras that have bracketing in original firmware (g7,g9,s2is,s3is,s5is - need propcase for the dryos ones!) for gui.c
still need these damn bracketing propcase on the dryos cameras, so please, someone with a g9 or a s5is find these out for me.

about #593

added a feature that allows using cfgs from a different camera by resetting "critical" settings on startup of the platform id doesnt match (more settings? less settings? need input)

well, as it turns out, switch cfgs between different camera models wasnt so dangerous as i thought, for example the alt_button setting already is reset on cameras that dont support it. i added a few settings that should be resetted when you switch camera model, nothing big though. maybe that function will be important in later releases.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #19 on: 30 / November / 2008, 02:02:25 »
+ Lua string lib. This should behave exactly as documented in the lua manual.

This adds about 5kb to total CHDK size. It may be worth making the pattern matching functions compile time optional, as they account for the vast majority of this and are probably not needed by many scripts. Formatting could be optional too.

* Updated get_buildinfo to return two additional fields:
platformid: number

llibtst.lua is updated to test string lib, and no longer reports a listdir failure under dryos.

Also removed some redundant entries from sig_ref_vxworks_2.txt
Don't forget what the H stands for.