Whoa! ****MAJOR**** High-Speed Shutter-Speed Discovery! - page 11 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Whoa! ****MAJOR**** High-Speed Shutter-Speed Discovery!

• 119 Replies
Re: Whoa! ****MAJOR**** High-Speed Shutter-Speed Discovery!
« Reply #100 on: 30 / January / 2008, 06:33:13 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 07:16:56 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #101 on: 30 / January / 2008, 08:35:24 »
You know, Barney, after a bit of thinking I have to conclude that your afterglow argument doesn't make much sense in view of the actual experimental result. If it were afterglow, then the leading edge of the trace would be smeared out, while the trailing relatively sharp. In the matter of facts it is the other way around -- the LEADING (left) edge is sharp, the trailing smeared out. I thus maintain that the fastest speed, at least in my case, was 0.2ms, whereas further dimming is a different effect. Perhaps the same applies in your case, when shooting TV screen.
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2008, 08:39:38 by whoever »

« Reply #102 on: 30 / January / 2008, 16:30:49 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 07:17:22 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #103 on: 31 / January / 2008, 03:55:01 »
Wow... Words are completely lacking.....  And the image itself is quite something!

« Reply #104 on: 10 / February / 2008, 00:16:36 »
I have an S3IS with AllBest firmware. How do I set the shutter speeds above 1/3200?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #105 on: 10 / February / 2008, 06:03:34 »
I have an S3IS with AllBest firmware. How do I set the shutter speeds above 1/3200?

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/AllBest#Override_shutter_speed_value

Note that your camera's native Tv display will not be updated to show the override, just CHDK's OSD if enabled.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #106 on: 14 / February / 2008, 13:37:25 »
by the, while surfing the net i found a document about highspeed photography. covers analog photography, but some stuff sure can be used for digital cams. Guidebook title page
best way to determine a speed of, say, a revolting drill would be a stroboscope. thats what i read in this article.
some pretty good examles of subjects to take pics of are given as well.
oh, and sound triggers (for the flash) are explained in detail. anyways, maybe ya'll know that already, thought i'd let you know.

« Reply #107 on: 14 / February / 2008, 14:46:16 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 07:17:43 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #108 on: 16 / February / 2008, 00:40:44 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:23:08 by Barney Fife »

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #109 on: 17 / February / 2008, 02:26:50 »
heres some test pics i took today after loading the latest AllBest build on my SD1000:

these first two i had shutter speed over ride set to 1/60,000th of a second (dont know true shutter speed but im assuming it was that) with flash (yes its sync'd!):

this was set to a 60 second exposure taken in a completely black dark garage, only light was a small roof fan that let some sun light in (barely any):

WOOT THIS STUFF ROCKS!  :D :D :D :D :D

note: the long exposure one was still under exposed because i just used an iso of 80, it would have been better with a higher iso setting.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr