Build 48 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Build 48

• 49 Replies
Build 48
« on: 27 / March / 2008, 12:21:04 »
Advertisements
Hello, my friends
There are very much of changes that was made since build 37.
An information about most of these changes has been posted  in different threads on this forum
I publicize on this page report about all of these changes.
Here you can download  new versions:
Autobuild path (recent changes): Index of /hdk/autobuild/
and here Index of /chdk/

Added support of the next set of camera models:
+ ixus850 (sd800)( mrblack51 )
+ ixus860_sd870 - 100c ( Grand )
+ Ixus950_sd850 - 100c ( whoever )
+ ixus55_sd450 - 100c, 100b (3DBruce )
+ ixus65_sd630 - 100a ( cail )
+ ixus70_sd1000 - 100c ( quietschi )
+ a460 - 100d ( brabl2 )
+ a530 - 100a ( image13 )
+ A540 - 100b ( image13 )
+ A550 - 100c ( muttley )
Grand
+ Much of work with new camera code implementation in main trunc
+Source code refinement
+ Fixed GUI bug with 64s override
EWAVR:
+ Added multipartition support for A560, A570.
+ A720: fixed bug in keyboard in playback mode ()
+ Added OPTICAL ZOOM IN VIDEO (except A650, A720, IXUS65)
+ A650: added DataGhost's multipartition boot engine
+ Now OSD output in review mode (after shoot) can be turned off fully or partially for a650

Great changes from fingalo:

+ADDED USER MENU
+Added user menu option for instant display on ALT
Description:
User menu. In OSD parameters.
To the user menu you can copy other menuitems to build your favorite menu. (Up to 10 entries)

- User Menu Enable 'Off': User Menu not active.
- User Menu Enable 'Edit': Go to to the User Menu and position on the line where you like to add entries.
Now just go to the menuitem (anywhere) you like to copy. Press FUNC/ERASE/SHOOT_HALF. It is now copied to usermenu (and you can select another and press FUNC/ERASE/SHOOT_HALF. Pressing FUNC/ERASE/SHOOT_HALF (and 'Edit' mode) while in the User Menu will erase the menu item.
- User Menu Enable 'On': Will replace the 'main menu' and use the 'user menu' as your first menu in ALT. Last entry is jump to Main Menu.
- User Menu Enable 'On Direct'.
Will display the 'User Menu' as soon as you press ALT.
Pressing MENU now will display normal menu and now the 'normal' menu sequence follow. new
NOTE:
As cameras have different keyboards I used icz's proposal for the add key:
SHOOT_HALF for the following cameras:
ixus700_sd500, ixus800_sd700, a560, ixus850_sd800,  ixus70_sd1000, ixus950_sd850
FUNC / ERASE for the rest.

+Added remote control for ixus700_sd500

PhyrePhoX
+ Wontollas Disk Space Icon
+ horizontal/vertical Space Bar
+ Setting of Size of Space Bar (now real full screen without safety pixel substractions)
+ OSD Clock now with Seconds (togglable)
+ in record mode, when you half-press shoot button, now most icons (battery,filespace,raw status...) disappear
+ updated english & german.lang file
New:
+ width/height of spacebar now togglable (between about 7 ("canvas" is about 6 pixels, so the actual minimum information bar can be set to ONE pixel, almost too small) pixels and 17 pixels, check it out)
+ New Warning thresholds introduced, you can choose between threshold in MB and Percent.
Example: You can set it so that Space Icon will turn red when free_space under 100 MB. Or you can set it so that Space Icon will turn red when freespace under 10% - setting applies to all space related texts/icons.
+ New RAW Counter threshold, you can set it so that the RAW counter blinks when for example under 10. Previous setting was hardcoded to 1. Also changed: No "Warning" String anymore, just blinking between warning color and OSD color.
+ Raw Counter now enabled by default
+ new get statements available in ubasic: get_disk_size, get_free_disk_space - returns values in KB. you can build scripts now which stop when specific disk limit exceeded, for example.Divide by 1024 to have an "easier" calculation.
+ get_jpg_count and  get_raw_count ubasic commands

a few enhancements, bugfixes

+ added new color: file space icon BACKGROUND (easier reading with a dark transparent background).
+ adjustable behaviour of clock in time of half press shutter button
+ added new clock submenu
+ switch between 12/24h format of clock with adjustable day-night indicator
a few enhancements, bugfixes

mkmenuts
custom AutoIso feature
( Custom AutoISO )
-additional submenu entry "Custom Auto Iso" in parent menu  "Extra photo operation"
Settings in this menu entries allow to tune up work of Auto ISO algorithm taking into account
specific user requests (IS, ISO & shutter limits). Auto ISO feature works in every mode except M and TV when Auto or Hi ISO is turned on and flash mode is any except Auto Flash mode
Description by menu entries:
-"Minimal Shutter speed". Possible to choose fixed values or "Auto" type of value (default and recommended).
When "Auto" was choose  Shutter speed is calculated via the formula 1/fl, where fl is focus distance
-"User Factor (1/FL/factor)"- applicable to the case when "Minimal Shutter speed" parameter is in "Auto" state.
In this case for calculation of "Minimal Shutter speed" formula 1/FL/factor is used (factor is user chosen value)
-"IS Factor (Tv*factor)" - applicable to the case when "Minimal Shutter speed" parameter is in "Auto" state as above.
This menu entry is accessible only for cameras with IS. When your camera is in IS mode than shutter speed will be calculated by using of formula Tv*factorIS=factorIS/FL/factor where factorIS is user selectable value via this menu entry. Default value is "2"
-"Max ISO HI (x10)" - Maximal ISO value for  given camera in ISO HI mode.There is a need to set maximum REAL Iso value for given camera (or lesser value from user point of view). You can see real ISO value in miscellaneous values (it is necessary to toggle this
item in "miscellaneous values" CHDK submenu). For example choose ISO 800 via Canon  menu. Next half press Shutter button. Now you can see "real" ISO value that corresponds to "market" ISO 800. This value will be limit ISO in calculation when camera in Hi ISO mode
-"Max ISO AUTO (x10)" Corresponding value for Auto ISO mode
-"Min ISO (x10)" - Minimal "Real" ISO value for given camera (you can recieve it by experiments or set this value at your option)
mkmenuts more deep clarification: CHDK firmware usage/AllBest - CHDK Wiki

stevetm2 + Added adjustable zoom scale (for converters): I'd like to 'commit' changes to chdk but I need write access to assembla...

+Fixed: negative values of EFL for a650
+added "raw" and "filespace" submenus in "OSD parameters" parent menu
+small menu rearranging

« Last Edit: 28 / March / 2008, 19:24:07 by Allbest »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Build 48
« Reply #1 on: 27 / March / 2008, 13:43:35 »
awesome, thanks!

Offline zdravko

• [ S3 IS ]
« Reply #2 on: 27 / March / 2008, 14:28:01 »
Great work!

Thanks to all developers for their hard work, awasome features, can't wait to test them all  :)

Offline kamil

• G7
« Reply #3 on: 27 / March / 2008, 14:35:50 »
Beautifull :)

Many great changes.

But i have found bug into zoom in video mode. When i zooming in and forget to release button then camera goes into digital zoom. It's ok but i can't after this make a optical zoom out. Maybe disable digital zoom will be good solution of this problem?

Another think, just estetical. Disc space bar is very good but the white frame is unnecessarily . It will be slimmer and nicer if i could turn off this frame

BTW Thanks :)

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #4 on: 27 / March / 2008, 15:31:47 »
Another think, just estetical. Disc space bar is very good but the white frame is unnecessarily . It will be slimmer and nicer if i could turn off this frame

The bar has a white frame so you can distinguish it when you have a dark background, otherwise the icon would "disappear". Point your camera to the ceiling to see the dark frame and then point it to a dark place and the white frame will come to the rescue! You can play with the colour of the filling too.

Apart from the frames, the bar can be as thin as one pixel.

Offline mkmenuts

• SD700 (1.01b)
Re: Build 48 - Custom AutoISO
« Reply #5 on: 27 / March / 2008, 15:40:38 »
I put a draft explanation of Custom AutoISO in http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/AllBest#Extra_Photo_Operations_.3E_Custom_Auto_ISO

I hope that gets people started. I also invite you to improve the explanations there, I find it quite a complex feature to explain...

Enjoy,

mkmenuts

Re: Build 48 - Custom AutoISO
« Reply #6 on: 27 / March / 2008, 21:29:31 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:11:38 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: 28 / March / 2008, 03:22:00 »
i found a bug. when using video mode and using the newly implemented optical zoom, if you zoom the full optical zoom then keep zooming using the digital zoom, it will zoom out from the digital zoom but will not zoom out of the optical zoom (stays stuck at full optical zoom). maybe this could be an easy fix for you guys?
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline dzsemx

• [SX40HS][A650][A630]
« Reply #8 on: 28 / March / 2008, 03:57:47 »
there is some kind of bug in autoiso mode in my bulid...
A630 build 48
minimal shutter speed: auto
min iso: 5
max iso:30
max isohi:53
user factor:1
is factor:1
no zoom

and i get as target shutter speed 1/80s (or 1/60) in both auto iso mode...
1/80 isn't too high for user factor 1?
user factor 2= 1/160s
user factor 8 = 1/640
it's ok... its fine for sport shooting :)
maybe user factor should be extended to a larger interval... not only 1-8

so user factor it's not working like described on the wikia page
(and it's talking about the conversion factor on wikia?!?!)
i never saw 1/40 as target speed... :(
i should use shutter priority mode but autoiso does not work by default...
when using zoom, target sutter speed changes like expected
IS factor doesn't affect anything at all(because i got no IS?)so it should be removed, or make it work...
i think it's using 1/(FL*10*user) for shutter speed calculations.
minimal shutter speed works ok (user factor is ignored)

notice: originally the firmware has different settings for autoiso and for autoisoHI.
should be nice to have different settings for both of them if possible :D

about the crashing i can't say anything yet...  i'll try to figure out more

@coutts: turn off digital zoom in video mode, it works fine without digital zoom,
probably it'll be fixed by the guys ;)

btw the build is great ;)
« Last Edit: 28 / March / 2008, 04:03:28 by dzsemx »

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #9 on: 28 / March / 2008, 04:40:29 »
well nothing in the custom auto iso works on my A710. ewavr, what about yours?
ISO overrides never worked and don't work here either.
minimal shutter speed doesn't work either, it sets whatever speed it wants. it would be great if the minimal shutter speed would work and even in custom ISO modes, not only AutoISO.