A470 Porting - page 18 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A470 Porting

• 253 Replies
Re: A470 Porting
« Reply #170 on: 30 / May / 2009, 09:51:55 »
Advertisements
I had wished to avoid making the card bootable as I understand that the card cannot be
made bootable unless reformatted to FAT16, though I may now try this option.

BTW the zip file did not have a new ps.fir file, but I did not delete the old one. Maybe
the new DISKBOOT.BIN is only loaded if the card is bootable?

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._How_can_I_make_the_CHDK_program_load_automatically_at_startup.3F

Thanks

Peter

MrSpoon

« Reply #171 on: 30 / May / 2009, 14:44:23 »
Awesome :D thanks Thorwak! I'm sure I tried changing those defines with no success, maybe I just didnt do a make clean :-[ hehe.

I don't have SVN access to update the code, there's a few of my own updates sitting on the first post of the thread. These all need merging and I'll bug phyrephox into updating svn :) I'm moving flat on monday (yey), so I'll get back involved from then.

With regards to the two remaining ports, I'll take a stab at it soon but without being able to test builds myself that would be slow. If an owner of one of the unported a470 versions can set up a dev environment, I'd like to work with them on porting.

Also for everyone working with this from svn, I'm sorry! Since there was no documentation I did just copypaste, not the most elegant approach but it gets a working build in no time ;)

« Reply #172 on: 30 / May / 2009, 15:46:19 »
I was editing the new 7mp DNG in photoshop and noticed that with all adobe (Bridge, photoshop elements 7, photoshop cs4, lightroom) software i opened the DNG, it was cropped to 2612*1956. I dont know if it is a bug in CHDK or adobe. Earlier(When RAW was cropped) editing was on the full image. Please Help.

Offline Thorwak

• a470
    • Nostalgia Public NetHack Server
« Reply #173 on: 31 / May / 2009, 05:45:21 »
MrSpoon, I'm surprised to hear you haven't been given svn access. After all you made a new port? And nothing wrong with copy/paste as a skeleton to work from for a new build - I didn't mean it as criticism :)

paragbhade, I'm sorry but I am having trouble following you. Please try to be a bit more clear - what build date are you using? Did it really work BEFORE the cropping issue was fixed? :blink: Does it work with other software? (I used xnview to test .dng and it's fine for me now) Also see previous discussion about start method.

peterm321, true there is no ps.fir/ps.fi2, because you need to have encryption keys to create those from what I understand. Hence, no "firmware update" start method. I guess if someone were to PM me those keys for the a470 I could create a full build :P Anyway, diskboot.bin is used for boot method, ps.fi? is used for firmware update method. I hope that clears it up a bit.
« Last Edit: 31 / May / 2009, 05:48:39 by Thorwak »
Do it 'til it Hz

« Reply #174 on: 01 / June / 2009, 02:03:35 »
thorwak
i am using the version you posted rawfix2. other program like fsviewer and raw therapee display the full dng(3072*2324) without any cropping. when editing or opening  dng in adobe photoshop suite, the same dng gets cropped to 2612*1956 . earlier versions of chdk 765 and before gave cropped images out of the camera but they didnt get cropped further. the problem i guess(wild) here must be with other raw values which have not been edited. i tried downloading chdk shell but i didnt start. so please can you check if there are other values which arent edited. i am just guessing the what the problem might be.
« Last Edit: 01 / June / 2009, 02:05:23 by paragbhade »

Offline Thorwak

• a470
« Reply #175 on: 01 / June / 2009, 04:07:59 »
paragbhade,
OK understood (and now it makes sense :) ) . I'll have a look tonight and see what I can find. Are you on firmware 1.02c btw?
Do it 'til it Hz

« Reply #176 on: 01 / June / 2009, 09:30:22 »
yes i am on 1.02c.

« Reply #177 on: 01 / June / 2009, 09:57:56 »
"peterm321, true there is no ps.fir/ps.fi2, because you need to have encryption keys to create those from what I understand. Hence, no "firmware update" start method. I guess if someone were to PM me those keys for the a470 I could create a full build Tongue Anyway, diskboot.bin is used for boot method, ps.fi? is used for firmware update method. I hope that clears it up a bit."

Following your advice, I now have the problem fixed fixed Thorwalk.

Yes it was the CHDK load method. I reformatted my (4GB) card to FAT16 and copied over the files and made it bootable, now have full resolution DNGs (with a few extra pixels added as a bonus). :D

Offline Thorwak

• a470
« Reply #178 on: 01 / June / 2009, 14:31:31 »
OK, I found the problem, and it was trivial as last time. I just didn't expect Adobe programs to treat .DNG differently than other viewers so I didn't bother fiddling with it...

I've tested this on my a470 v1.02c, using both xnviewer and now also Adobe Photoshop CS4 and they look exactly the same now as far as I can tell. Please test and report though!

As before, you have to use the boot method and not the firmware upgrade method for my build to work, as explained earlier. Also as before, everything you do is on your own risk ;)

This time the build is based on trunk 768 which was the latest one available today.

Here's my new diff, against the 768 svn trunk:

Code: [Select]
Index: include/camera.h
=============================================================================
--- include/camera.h (revision )
+++ include/camera.h (working copy)
@@ -226,12 +226,13 @@

#define cam_CalibrationIlluminant1 1 // Daylight
     // cropping
-    #define CAM_JPEG_WIDTH  2592
-    #define CAM_JPEG_HEIGHT 1944
-    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X1 6
-    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y1 6
-    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X2 2618
-    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y2 1962
+    #define CAM_JPEG_WIDTH  3096
+    #define CAM_JPEG_HEIGHT 2324
+    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X1 12
+    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y1 8
+    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X2 3108
+    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y2 2332

// camera name
     #define PARAM_CAMERA_NAME 4 // parameter number for GetParameterData
     //#define DNG_EXT_FROM ".DPS"

When you have loaded the correct chdk version, build info should read:

Code: [Select]
CHDK Ver:  CHDK 0.9.8-rawfix
Date:         Jun  1 2009
Time:         20:53:31

Edit:
Oops, forgot the DL link:
http://nostalgia.suroot.com/a470-0.9.8-768-rawfix/
« Last Edit: 01 / June / 2009, 15:29:30 by Thorwak »
Do it 'til it Hz

« Reply #179 on: 02 / June / 2009, 00:36:50 »
All problems solved for me.Works completely. Thank You THORWAK.