usb remote - want to stay on half shoot - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum

usb remote - want to stay on half shoot

• 4 Replies
« on: 18 / February / 2016, 16:17:54 »
Advertisements

Hello all!

I am trying to setup a new USB remote mode which will allow me to say on "half shoot" mode indefinitely. Essentially I want it to do the normal half shoot on power, then shoot on release, but then stay in half shoot (a bit like rsint mode).

I added a new control mode to usb_module.c, increased the number of modes. I essentially made a new control mode which is identical to "normal" but returns to the half state after full (so never goes to release). This "works" in that I can tell the driver is not returning to the release state, but something else appears to release the half_shoot button after the shot gets taken.

Any ideas? It looks like kbd_process.c blocks the keyboard when the usb remote is active (which is fine). Since my control mode state never returns to RELEASE it should remain blocked right?

Somewhere there is a piece of code that is releasing the half shoot when I don't want to... if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!

Re: usb remote - want to stay on half shoot
« Reply #1 on: 18 / February / 2016, 16:25:36 »
I did confirm that keyboard is blocked after my first shot in this new mode... shutter and menu keys don't work (so it is definitely staying in that state). And holding down the actual physical button in half shoot during the remote event does not have an effect.

Shooting this way does work with the physical button (ie if you go to half, full, then release to half, it is still locked and ready to shoot), so it definitely is something in chdk code that is releasing it.

Who is releasing my half_shoot? :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #2 on: 18 / February / 2016, 16:41:09 »
Who is releasing my half_shoot? :)
Are you pressing/releasing SHOOT_FULL? If so, that includes half shoot. You should use SHOOT_FULL_ONLY if you want half to stay pressed.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #3 on: 18 / February / 2016, 17:11:18 »
Thats it!

Ok now this is behaving as I thought it should.

Many thanks!

« Reply #4 on: 18 / February / 2016, 20:12:27 »
It probably goes without saying but this would be really easy to do with a small Lua or UBASIC script.

Edit : you might also want to think about tweaking your output module to release the half press if the USB remote signal is held down for a longer period ( say > 2 seconds) ?
« Last Edit: 18 / February / 2016, 21:11:11 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16