Shot Histogram Request - page 45 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Shot Histogram Request

• 467 Replies
Re: Shot Histogram Request
« Reply #440 on: 11 / October / 2013, 18:38:35 »
Advertisements
Uploading is great. I just finished uploading all the cameras.
So we now have a second official CHDK spin-off.  Good job! 

Do you have a name for your project? LHDK? LDM ? The mind boggles ...  :xmas

And don't worry. NSA only breaks into your house and takes you away to an undisclosed location if you type something stupid, like "Osama bin Laden" ....... uh ... oops?
Worrying about the NSA by avoiding "American" web sites is kind of pointless.  What would make someone  think the NSA restricts its activities to "American" web sites?  If you are online anywhere in the world,  they have you.
« Last Edit: 11 / October / 2013, 18:57:43 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #441 on: 11 / October / 2013, 19:13:47 »
The download button is a tiny down arrow in the extreme lower right corner.

Very discrete.

Yes, both files download OK.

Offline lapser

« Reply #442 on: 11 / October / 2013, 19:28:50 »
So we now have a second official CHDK spin-off.  Good job - do you have a name for your project? LHDK?
LDM ? The mind boggles ...
I keep getting requests from my YouTube videos from people who want to run the time lapse script on their cameras. This way, I can post a link with instructions on how to do it, instead of custom compiling for each request.

This is just a way to post my patches in compiled form for testing. It's not a spin-off like SDM.
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

« Reply #443 on: 11 / October / 2013, 19:37:48 »
So we now have a second official CHDK spin-off.  Good job - do you have a name for your project? LHDK?
LDM ? The mind boggles ...
I keep getting requests from my YouTube videos from people who want to run the time lapse script on their cameras. This way, I can post a link with instructions on how to do it, instead of custom compiling for each request.

This is just a way to post my patches in compiled form for testing. It's not a spin-off like SDM.
While I asked that question somewhat "tongue in cheek",  its actually something I've thought about too. 

How does one provide a "customized" version of CHDK without going back to the early days of  "Allbest" vs "juiciphox" vs "cail" vs  ...?   The idea of building and maintaining a custom repository does not appeal to me much.  But copying what some linux sites do and letting you build a ZIP file for your camera and f/w against the current trunk with a patch file applied,  that you then download,  seemed like different option if you are not expecting a lot of load. 

The ability to provide a .flt module that can be added to the existing CHDK distribution seems interesting too.  The standard build links in file called "custom.flt" with a bunch of generic hooks built-in.  You then provide your own "custom.flt" file that people can download and substitute.  Sort of like a script file,  but coded in C and able to access & maybe override lower level functions.

Offline lapser

« Reply #444 on: 11 / October / 2013, 20:18:35 »
While I asked that question somewhat "tongue in cheek",  its actually something I've thought about too. 

How does one provide a "customized" version of CHDK without going back to the early days of  "Allbest" vs "juiciphox" vs "cail" vs  ...?
I thought I would have to set up a complicated web site, but it actually ended up being incredibly simple. I had it working in about 30 minutes.

Just go to google.com, sign in to a google account,  and install google drive. That adds a folder on your computer that syncs with google's online storage. You get 5 GB for free.

From the google drive web page, create a new folder and share it as public. You get a URL for the folder. Anyone who goes to the URL with their browser sees the shared folder, which is synced to the identical folder on your computer.

To upload, just drag files to that folder on the computer. You can create new folders in the shared folder, and everything shows up online too.

I then just used the BATCH mode in CHDK shell to compile all the cameras at once. All the zip files end up in the bin folder for that trunk. When it's done, just drag all the files over to the Google drive folder. That's all there is to it.

Every once in awhile, I create a diff file with my current patches, and apply it to the latest trunk. Then all I need to do is batch compile all the cameras for that trunk and drag the bin/zip files to the google drive on my computer. That updates them on the web download page too.

« Reply #445 on: 11 / October / 2013, 20:34:42 »
I thought I would have to set up a complicated web site, but it actually ended up being incredibly simple.

Yes ... but you've stumbled precisely into the "maintaining" half of what I said :
The idea of building and maintaining a custom repository does not appeal to me much. 

At some point, manually rebuilding against the latest trunk and uploading will get tiring.  Not that I have a better solution though ....
« Last Edit: 11 / October / 2013, 20:36:29 by waterwingz »

Offline lapser

« Reply #446 on: 11 / October / 2013, 20:51:26 »
At some point, manually rebuilding against the latest trunk and uploading will get tiring.  Not that I have a better solution though ....
With CHDK Shell, it's really not any harder than what I'm doing now for one camera. I build one camera, upload the zip to that camera, and test it on that camera.

To update the web site, I check two boxes in CHDK shell, build all the cameras with one click, and drag all the zip files to the Google drive. It's so simple, it's hard to comprehend!

« Reply #447 on: 11 / October / 2013, 20:58:26 »
To update the web site, I check two boxes in CHDK shell, build all the cameras with one click, and drag all the zip files to the Google drive. It's so simple, it's hard to comprehend!
Do you plan to do that every night after the trunk updates?

Offline lapser

« Reply #448 on: 11 / October / 2013, 22:15:35 »
I think it will only be necessary when I have something new to test, or there is something new in the trunk that is important to include, like a new camera. It's nice to have because it makes it possible for anyone with CHDK to use a new patch, instead of just people who can compile from a diff file. I think it will prove useful. Of course, you need to compile with CHDK shell.

« Reply #449 on: 11 / October / 2013, 22:34:54 »
I think it will only be necessary when I have something new to test, or there is something new in the trunk that is important to include, like a new camera.
I was just thinking about that too and came to the same conclusion.  Especially if you build your repository against the 1.2.0 stable rather than 1.3.0 dev trunks.

Of course, you need to compile with CHDK shell.
Or you need to be able to write simple bash scripts  :P
(Hint :  that autobuild does not use CHDK-Shell)