« Reply #1290 on: 27 / May / 2011, 23:45:48 »
Advertisements
Liking the new menu and the stability of it

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
Re: 500d development
« Reply #1291 on: 28 / May / 2011, 00:20:17 »
well the menu is fixed but now the center lv AF frame isn't working..

it works in every mode but video mode. is anyone else having intermitted problems? sometimes when i take a picture the quick review is black and there's a picture of a little white key at the top of the screen, then going into play mode it works fine (i can see the picture), but can't delete pictures. re making the autoexec.bin seems to fix it.

the autoexec.bin file is ~172kb now, I wonder if we're getting close to the max file size. I remember Alex mentioning that on the 550d once the autoexec.bin file got to a certain size, things started getting funky randomly (lots of intermitted problems).

hm.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #1292 on: 28 / May / 2011, 00:26:06 »
well the menu is fixed but now the center lv AF frame isn't working..

Yep, I noticed, just didnt bother saying anything cause you already made it very clear earlier, and i understand this is all beta stuff so there will be glitches for now. 8]

« Reply #1293 on: 28 / May / 2011, 00:33:38 »

is anyone else having intermitted problems? sometimes when i take a picture the quick review is black and there's a picture of a little white key at the top of the screen, then going into play mode it works fine (i can see the picture), but can't delete pictures. re making the autoexec.bin seems to fix it.

[/quote]

No issues here like that, only one I had right away was recording in movie mode froze after 20seconds and it corrupted my card, but after a reformat all seems to work fine and records fine again, I think its cause I was trying a to high qscale bitrate -14 it err70 and my card would not record past 20 sec without freezing cam, but all ok now and using -12 qscale stable.

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #1294 on: 28 / May / 2011, 01:40:05 »
everything in bitrate.c changed with the new CBR routines (recent changes by Alex in the 550d/60d tree). I haven't gotten to that yet -_-

I'm getting to the bottom of the AF frame thing though. I'm detecting press/unpress of the AV button now (so it doesn't jiggle around in the middle now), but the problem is still in movie mode. I've disabled it in movie mode for now, not a big deal IMO. If anyone has a solution, speak up :D

for whatever reason, the up/down/right buttons all generate the same event code as the AV button.. but only in movie mode, and the left button doesn't? this is odd. some of the things canon decided to do...I swear.
« Last Edit: 28 / May / 2011, 01:43:15 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #1295 on: 28 / May / 2011, 04:04:19 »
Yeah in movie mode I am kicked out of ML menu anytime I press up, down, or right. Left is happy though :) Also camera obviously still doesn't like doing rack focus in movie mode  :-[ Error 70 payed me a visit many time

« Reply #1296 on: 28 / May / 2011, 04:39:21 »
Something weird is going on on my camera with that build.
ML menu doesnt want to appear.
When i turn on my camera, ML loads, i can see ML stuff like "flash ON", the time etc.. but when i press the trash button nothing happens except the audiometer that appears.
I took off the battery. Same issue.

I can still take picture, sometimes i can delete them sometimes i can't.

I was wondering : What's the name of your camera ? 500D, T1i ? Are they all really the same camera but the name ?

EDIT : And that's true with the 2 autoexec you sent me coutts.
« Last Edit: 28 / May / 2011, 04:45:58 by gravityrem »

« Reply #1297 on: 28 / May / 2011, 05:23:30 »
I had a similar problem when I was doing memory dumps with the latest build 1.50. [...]!  The only solution I could find was to return the camera to Canon under warranty.  [...] 

Did you experience the exact same problem (not being able to boot ML, but camera fine otherwise)?
What did you say @ warranty, and what did they do?

« Reply #1298 on: 28 / May / 2011, 08:38:35 »
Your description of the symptoms fits mine exactly.  It worked perfectly without ML.  I tried everything you did and more.  I had to make up a story about intermittent shutdown, only happens once in awhile.  This seemed to satisfy them, I don't think they looked for a problem.  Please let me know how it turns out for you.  Maybe Alex can help?  This should be of interest to all the other Developers, because it is a real danger if your camera is out of Warranty.

Offline Jamez

« Reply #1299 on: 28 / May / 2011, 09:28:37 »
You won't hear another Peep from me!  I only came back because Alex asked me to apologize to Jamez.
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki