CHDK for PowerShot SD770 IS/DIGITAL IXUS 85 IS: Update: Pg2 RAW in 12bit - page 19 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for PowerShot SD770 IS/DIGITAL IXUS 85 IS: Update: Pg2 RAW in 12bit

• 238 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDK for PowerShot SD770 IS/DIGITAL IXUS 85 IS: Update: Pg2 RAW in 12bit
« Reply #180 on: 27 / November / 2009, 21:56:48 »
Advertisements
Hi.

I've finished a complete port to IXUS85 / SD770IS 100a, based on IXUS970 100b port. The version is 0.9.8.

Almost everything is working fine:
- movie override (at least it seems to be changing the quality!)
- RAW / DNG is OK
- all the CHDK tasks

Because it is based on IXUS970, the shutter_speeds_table is the same (I don't realized how to fill / update this table).

I'm not familiar with "firmware update method", so I didn't worked on this.

It would be great to see if this port works ok on someone else's camera, because it is my first time/post/port  :P

Cheers!
Pedro
Nice work pedropaislopes!

Please upload your source somewhere, so the work isn't lost like the original port.

edit: add full quote since this ended up on a new page.
« Last Edit: 27 / November / 2009, 22:00:00 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline fangbaby

• Fangbaby Loves You
    • Fangbaby Rock and Roll
« Reply #181 on: 29 / November / 2009, 12:59:44 »
I have some of the same problems with this version as the previous development snapshot.

Before, when enabled, sometimes instead of taking a picture, the entire camera would just shut down.

Now, when I use Bracketing in continuous mode, the camera take one or two pictures and then just stops.

Great to have someone working on this again!

Thanks for your efforts.

« Reply #182 on: 29 / November / 2009, 19:25:42 »
Glad to see that another SD770 camera is working with this binary (at least taking some shoots)!

I'm facing the same problem. Continuous shooting is not working. Maybe it is related with stubs_entry.S stuff (I didn't reviewed all the functions, btw).

I'll work on this on the next days. And I'm posting the source code as soon as I can.

Cheers

« Reply #183 on: 07 / December / 2009, 11:50:08 »
pedropaislopes
Thanks for fine work, long waited for this moment. Has put on the ixus 85 together with additional files for Digital IXUS80 (the version 1.01B) - all works correctly: raw forms, video parametres vary. It is possible to hope for fast appearance of the final version?

« Reply #184 on: 09 / December / 2009, 04:37:10 »
Really really cool. Hope to find it soon in autobuild. That would be a wonderful Christmas gift.
Good work fellows.

« Reply #185 on: 10 / December / 2009, 07:59:39 »
Hi.

After a some delay (sorry!), here is the source code. It is based on a newer svn download (I've made the download yesterday), so it is version 0.9.9.

All the files that I've changed are on the archive, on the right place. Any problem with .tar.gz file structure please let me now.

The problem related with continuous shooting continues. It crashes the camera, and my idea is that the problem are on capt_seq.c file (the hooks to do NR stuff, I suspect).

I will not have access to the camera for a month, so I can't help with this problem in the next weeks.

Cheers!

« Reply #186 on: 11 / December / 2009, 10:42:29 »
pedropaislopes
And with version 0.9.9 all works (except serial shooting, certainly). By the way, video is written now and with maximum quality (on the previous version the device was switched off).
Thanks!

« Reply #187 on: 18 / December / 2009, 06:30:44 »
pedropaislopes
And with version 0.9.9 all works (except serial shooting, certainly). By the way, video is written now and with maximum quality (on the previous version the device was switched off).
Thanks!

Hi.

I've corrected two typos on the functions related to continuous shooting. Because I don't have access to the camera, anyone could test if it fix the crash?

And please test if the extra long exposure works too.

Cheers!

« Reply #188 on: 18 / December / 2009, 22:36:19 »

Hi.

I've corrected two typos on the functions related to continuous shooting. Because I don't have access to the camera, anyone could test if it fix the crash?

And please test if the extra long exposure works too.

Cheers!

I tried it, if I take a normal picture with the standard options it just shuts off. Continuous shooting doesn't seem to work to well with me either. I have no problems with the previous version except for the continuous shooting which shuts the camera off.

I've tried a few scripts on the previous release, they work good but I haven't found a good bracketing script for HDR pictures yet. I tried all the ones on the wiki but they don't change the EV.

Anyway, thank you so much for continuing on working on a CHDK for the Ixus 85, very appreciated.

« Reply #189 on: 18 / December / 2009, 23:56:52 »
Great work, many thanks.  Joined to thank and report a couple bugs I've come across playing with it.  I don't know if these are specific to the SD770 or the CHDK version, I don't have another Canon on hand to test against, or time to get into another codebase right now, but figured it would be good to note them.  All of these were with the latest CHDK image in the thread loaded on an otherwise clean SD card formatted for the occasion.
1. (meaningful bug) Using the "Evaluate White Balance" feature crashes the camera.
2. (minor bug) In display mode, when the tilt sensor flips an image, any CHDK stuff on-screen is not always redrawn after the flip, but remains active, and often redraws incorrectly at the next interaction.
3. (totally irrelevant bug) The Sokoban game doesn't seem to work