Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared) - page 67 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)

• 1679 Replies
Advertisements
Not sure what you want to do about the trunk version?
Give me a couple of days to see if I can "fix" the trunk version and get somebody to test it.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

I have a recommendation for the SX210 code: the camera's zoom lever has two speed steps, but only one of those is masked. I think this leads to undesired sideeffects.
So, in its platform kbd.c I'd change
Code: [Select]
#define KEYS_MASK1 (0x000FFC05)into
#define KEYS_MASK1 (0x000FFC0F)(for details, see the declaration of keymap[])

I have ported two of the ancient cameras (Ixus30, A420) a while ago, but haven't "forced" them into svn yet (lack of useful feedback). If there's interest, I could update their code and post here.
Is there a guide, what should be changed in a release 1.0 port for inclusion into trunk?

And another question: recently someone posted an updated S80 port. I don't see the source anywhere. Can someone politely ask for it :) ? (Yes, I could try myself, but I'm not always able to express myself clear enough, and don't even have that camera.)

Update: according to this post, the zoom lever does not interfere in ALT mode on the SX210.
« Last Edit: 16 / March / 2012, 14:14:06 by srsa_4c »

I have a recommendation for the SX210 code: the camera's zoom lever has two speed steps, but only one of those is masked. I think this leads to undesired sideeffects.
So, in its platform kbd.c I'd change
#define KEYS_MASK1 (0x000FFC05)into
#define KEYS_MASK1 (0x000FFC0F)(for details, see the declaration of keymap[])
Is this tested ?  If so,  I could submit a patch (or you can - see below).

I have ported two of the ancient cameras (Ixus30, A420) a while ago, but haven't "forced" them into svn yet (lack of useful feedback). If there's interest, I could update their code and post here.
You might add a note about it here :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7716.msg81803#msg81803

Is there a guide, what should be changed in a release 1.0 port for inclusion into trunk?
Generally,  if you can get it to build and it works,  then a patch file for the svn is the preferred method for submission.  If you are using Windows,  tortoise svn works really well here.  There are gui tools for linux as well but the command line is pretty simple.   What you need to do is  "svn co" (or checkout) the current stable trunk,  make the changes for the new camera ( one at a time preferrably),  make sure it builds and then use tortoise of the command line to make a patch file.

If you just want to zip your trunk and send it to me on box.net,  I'll do that for you when I get a moment.

Update :  I just realized you were really asking about converting a stable version to a dev / unstable version. Sorry.  :-[  I have not seen a guide.  AFAIK, there is one big thing and a couple of small things that change.  The small things are easy to pick up by just building it and fixing the errors.  The big thing is the platform/kbd.c file.  I can help there or you can puzzle it out by looking at other new kbd.c files from similiar cameras.

And another question: recently someone posted an updated S80 port. I don't see the source anywhere. Can someone politely ask for it :) ? (Yes, I could try myself, but I'm not always able to express myself clear enough, and don't even have that camera.)
Link ?

« Last Edit: 11 / March / 2012, 12:20:33 by waterwingz »

Another new port - the A2100 fw 1.001a - by ac.n1bs.  Hopefully will not also become an orphan port.

Patch file for dev trunk made from this link :

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7433.msg81924#msg81924

Loads and runs  -  boot.c,  capt_seq.c completed - movie_rec.c stubbed out.  Modemap needs work.

Update :  added patch file for stable trunk (untested) - details about changes made in notes.txt file
« Last Edit: 11 / March / 2012, 13:34:11 by waterwingz »

Updates for A800 - stable and dev versions.

1) Dev version change is to allow CHDK to exist in EXMEM (low memory problems without that).
2) Stable version is the dev version "back ported" to stable-1_0 trunk and tested by Qanthelas.

Offline srsa_4c

I have a recommendation for the SX210 code
Is this tested ?
No. I did a similar fix for the SX200 recently (it caused even crashes there). I have found confirmation about the "two speed" zoom via a web search AND the kbd.c lines also suggest the same. I'll post a question about this in the porting thread.
or you can puzzle it out by looking at other new kbd.c files
I think I'll do that.
Will post about this into the "orphan" thread.

Offline philmoz

• Photos
Another new port - the A2100 fw 1.001a - by ac.n1bs.  Hopefully will not also become an orphan port.

Patch file for dev trunk made from this link :

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7433.msg81924#msg81924

Loads and runs  -  boot.c,  capt_seq.c completed - movie_rec.c stubbed out.  Modemap needs work.

Update :  added patch file for stable trunk (untested) - details about changes made in notes.txt file
Updates for A800 - stable and dev versions.

1) Dev version change is to allow CHDK to exist in EXMEM (low memory problems without that).
2) Stable version is the dev version "back ported" to stable-1_0 trunk and tested by Qanthelas.

Added in revision 1726 (release-1.0) and 1727 (trunk).

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

Its a slow news day around here today so here's something I've been meaning to do for a while : remove the Beta designation from the IXUS120 / SD940.

Offline srsa_4c

A420 for both trunk and release 1.0
I decided to designate it "alpha" because:
- I'm the only one who tested it (the "beta" releases have been downloaded 50+ times)
- Got a weird crash while testing it (photo overrides) with the reyalp-ptp-live branch (romlog seems to indicate a kernel crash involving spytask). Couldn't reproduce it...
Otherwise it should be as functional as the A430 port.

Offline reyalp

Its a slow news day around here today so here's something I've been meaning to do for a while : remove the Beta designation from the IXUS120 / SD940.
Done, 1732 and 1733
Don't forget what the H stands for.