PS A3400 IS CHDK install and firmware problem - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PS A3400 IS CHDK install and firmware problem

• 4 Replies
PS A3400 IS CHDK install and firmware problem
« on: 03 / June / 2013, 15:41:45 »
Advertisements
Hi all!

Today for the 1st time i was decide to install chdk on my new Canon. Since i'm a new in chdk world i read guides on wiki chdk and i decide to go with ACID app for detection firmware and STICK app for making SD card ready for install on camera. I followed instructions and everything goes fine but when i come to message " Do u want update firmware from 1.0.1.0. to 1.1.0.0.: i click func./set and i got black screen and message "Change battery" and camera went off. I pulled out SD card and deleted chdk, turn back in camera and everything works "fabricly" fine. But, when i was try to load newly taken pic in ACID again it couldn't detect Firmware with message "No firmware rev".

My q is what to do next? Is it best to leave it that way or what?

I didnt remember that it need to be on full battery, unfortunately...

Thanks in advance!

Offline zeno

Re: PS A3400 IS CHDK install and firmware problem
« Reply #1 on: 03 / June / 2013, 18:17:54 »
Milos

if you use STICK to prepare the card, then to run CHDK all you have to do is lock the card, put it in the camera and switch on. You don't have to do a firmware update.

Ypou don't need to use ACID either - the first step that STICK does is basically what ACID does.

Since you have deleted CHDK from the card, run STICK again and let it re-install CHDK.

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 04 / June / 2013, 02:19:52 »
Ok, i didn't know that i need to lock card. I will try that definitely. But STICK also won't recognise firmware from camera now. It can recognise when i load picture taken before this situation and i guess i can make it like that. Still, Canon ImageBrowser can recognise firmware but the above apps don't. Do i need to worry about that ?

Offline zeno

« Reply #3 on: 04 / June / 2013, 06:42:39 »
Hi Milos

as long as you one photo that STICK can process you'll be fine. I don't know why ACID and STICK can't get the firmware info out of newer photos, but you can ignore the problem as long as you have one photo that works.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #4 on: 07 / June / 2013, 12:19:40 »
Everything works fine with locked card. Thanks a lot!