Possible to output clean HDMI on G7X? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Possible to output clean HDMI on G7X?

• 2 Replies
Possible to output clean HDMI on G7X?
« on: 18 / September / 2020, 22:51:20 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I just learned about CHDK and am excited to give it a try! However, before I buy an SD card reader and whatnot, I've got a question about a possible use case.

The G7X Mark 1 doesn't come with clean HDMI out... do you think it's possible to achieve this via CHDK? I'm proficient in Lua so I'm willing to write any scripts if needed.

Similarly, I noticed a significant difference in quality when I actually start recording vs the preview video. Is there any way to output this cleaner "processed" signal via HDMI without actually recording to the SD card? I read about a "record" mode, but wasn't sure if that's only available when actually recording.

Thanks for your time!

Offline reyalp

Re: Possible to output clean HDMI on G7X?
« Reply #1 on: 18 / September / 2020, 22:57:02 »
The G7X Mark 1 doesn't come with clean HDMI out... do you think it's possible to achieve this via CHDK? I'm proficient in Lua so I'm willing to write any scripts if needed.
G7X mk 1 only supports HDMI out in playback mode (reviewing pictures), not while shooting / recording. We haven't found a way to bypass this, so clean HDMI is irrelevant.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Possible to output clean HDMI on G7X?
« Reply #2 on: 18 / September / 2020, 22:58:08 »
G7X mk 1 only supports HDMI out in playback mode (reviewing pictures), not while shooting / recording. We haven't found a way to bypass this, so clean HDMI is irrelevant.

Shoot, that's too bad. I appreciate you replying as quick as you did! Saved me a lot of time, thanks :)