Message from rtreptow@verizon.net on my mail not visible on forum site - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Message from rtreptow@verizon.net on my mail not visible on forum site

• 5 Replies
Advertisements
Hello!

I have received a mail from adress "rtreptow@verizon.net". The sender is given to be:

Code: [Select]
rtreptow@verizon.net <---DO-NOT-REPLY---@chdk.setepontos.com>

So - I supose this is a mail that was sent to me from CHDK forum. However I can not see it in "My Messages" here. Furthermore, I can't respond on this mail through the mail (DO-NOT-REPLY).

The question: what's going on?

Regards!
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Hello!

I have received a mail from adress "rtreptow@verizon.net". The sender is given to be:

Code: [Select]
rtreptow@verizon.net <---DO-NOT-REPLY---@chdk.setepontos.com>

So - I supose this is a mail that was sent to me from CHDK forum. However I can not see it in "My Messages" here. Furthermore, I can't respond on this mail through the mail (DO-NOT-REPLY).

The question: what's going on?

Regards!

Hi,

It could be a PM notification or spam. That email (@verizon.net) has nothing to do with the forum administration. Can you explain what's in it (links, plain text, etc)?

Cheers

It was clearly about CHDK. I think it'll be nothing bad to cite the mail here:

I am really new to chdk and new to communicating by forum.  I have a 40sxhs using firmware GM1.00I and am able to pull up the menu on my camera and scroll through it and make changes but....I cannot get my camera into the picture taking mode.  The lower left of the screen says "default scripts" and when I press the shutter release a number in the upper right corner advances 00 through 59 when I press the shutter release.  Tried searching on this site to no avail.  Looking for help.

One day later I have received another:

Outslider,
Please disregard my request for help.  Found answer on chdk user manual.
Hope I didn't inconvenience.

I have removed the guy name - not sure he wants to publish that.

So that's not a spam, but I still have no idea where does this come from:)
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

You have email contact enabled, so that's probably it...

Ok, thanks:) I have no idea why this message is NO-REPLY - in other words - I have no idea how to respond. Even if the asker found the answer by himself:)

Regards!
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Ok, thanks:) I have no idea why this message is NO-REPLY - in other words - I have no idea how to respond. Even if the asker found the answer by himself:)

Regards!

No problem. The email matches the user that's trying to reach you - what you can try is to search for the user using the member search page, and reply using PM.

I guess the email has to be no-reply because the message is intentionally not sent using the forum private message service, which saves the messages within the db - in the end it's an email. Clicking the email link could allow sending messages with your email client, but this way is better to protect users' emails from spam bots.

Cheers