Canon 450D ... movie mode possible ? - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

Canon 450D ... movie mode possible ?

• 14 Replies
Canon 450D ... movie mode possible ?
« on: 28 / March / 2008, 03:10:54 »
Advertisements
With the hype of the upcoming consumer .. entry level dSLR ... i read somewhere that it has the capabilities for video taking but Canon has decided not to allow the facility ?

Is there a way to make this happening ???

It would be superb if it can be done ? with HD option ???

It would be awesome guys if it can be done to reduce the need for video cam !!!

Offline dzsemx

• [SX40HS][A650][A630]
Re: Canon 450D ... movie mode possible ?
« Reply #1 on: 30 / March / 2008, 15:59:25 »
bad news...
chdk wasn't ported yet to any dslr camera

« Reply #2 on: 01 / April / 2008, 21:02:47 »
bad news...
chdk wasn't ported yet to any dslr camera

oh nooooooooooooooooooo ... i think 450d uses the same system as S5 ... has s5 worked yet ??? if s5 works, 450d is on the way right ???? right we hope so .... :D

« Reply #3 on: 01 / April / 2008, 21:29:55 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:44:47 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #4 on: 02 / April / 2008, 11:03:11 »
We should develop a Cam in slr format and put the new electronic shutter system in it.
So we can have the best of both worlds. I like the old bodys, as they have more weight -> lower shiver and a metal case for protection.
Large sensor also has advantages, but I think I don't need them right now.
(Maybe include a slot for sensor cooling?)

So I hope I didn't get somehow ontopic till now, cause here is something ontopic:

You lost one very important feature, it is really a must for a professional photographer, the games.
« Last Edit: 02 / April / 2008, 11:05:27 by jetzt »

« Reply #5 on: 02 / April / 2008, 11:10:52 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:45:06 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #6 on: 02 / April / 2008, 11:23:20 »
Ah, seems that fuji finaly gave in, at least half way, so one can use these deathly cheap SDs and not the rather expensive xds.
But none of them implements RAID.
I would like speed up raid (0 I think) and savety raid, but extension raid would also be cool :D.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #7 on: 02 / April / 2008, 11:24:26 »
Sigma announces DP1 to be available spring 2008: Digital Photography Review
if they can do what they promise, this will be the bomb. compact plus huge sensor size.

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #8 on: 02 / April / 2008, 11:29:45 »
Doesn't sound bad, they should implement a dryos or vxworks sys!

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #9 on: 02 / April / 2008, 11:50:00 »
I hope Canon is also going to make something like this... This thought already crossed my mind today, I'd easily give a few hundred euros extra for a larger sensor on my S5IS, with an electronic shutter. I hope Canon has been paying attention over here and sees what these 'simple' cameras can do and how they sometimes 'outperform' DSLRs. I really think the S5IS would be a monstrous camera if it had a larger sensor with the same zoom range, all this thing spits out is noise, noise, noise. I'm going to a concert in two days, though I'm not allowed to use the flash. I really doubt I'll get anything good at ISO 100/200. A real pity because otherwise, this camera doesn't really lack anything (but replacable lenses and manual (hand, ring) manual focus). Speed doesn't really bother me (slightly faster than 1fps), so apart from that I think it's extremely hard to make something better than the S5+CHDK, in terms of functionality.

oh nooooooooooooooooooo ... i think 450d uses the same system as S5 ... has s5 worked yet ??? if s5 works, 450d is on the way right ???? right we hope so .... :D
Same system? You mean same OS, DryOS, just as all DIGIC II cameras have VxWorks (including EOS), which is already supported? I don't see how that would make it much easier. Even worse, if it's based on DryOS, it's likely that it won't work any time soon. I was looking through some VxWorks EOS firmware a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't find any reference to DISKBOOT.BIN (or any other autoboot-possibility), which is currently the only way of getting software to run on DryOS cameras (because the encryption tables haven't been found yet (as far as I know)). This means that we can't do "firmware update" yet and assuming that no EOS camera has autoboot functionality, we can't run code on them. Yet.
« Last Edit: 02 / April / 2008, 11:57:06 by DataGhost »