Canon SX40HS - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Canon SX40HS

• 1 Replies
Canon SX40HS
« on: 21 / January / 2017, 13:01:32 »
Advertisements
Hello guys;
I have installed CHDK on my Camera (Canon SX40HS) but when I use, I have some problems and I will be happy if someone could help me.
1. When I try make a Badpixed.bin I have received an error that says " Badpixed failed" .
2. When I am working on ALT mode, a frame like magnifying' frame appear on screen and menu blanking so it makes it hard work on menu .
3. How should I adjust CHDK parameters for best photo quality on RAW or JPEG format.
Thank you in advanced.

Re: Canon SX40HS
« Reply #1 on: 21 / January / 2017, 14:20:02 »
1. When I try make a Badpixed.bin I have received an error that says " Badpixed failed"
This is unfortunately a common problem. 

From this link : Can not create badpixel.bin on Canon IXUS 220HS :

Some cameras seem to have trouble creating badpixel.bin, for reasons that aren't well understood.

An alternative is to use DNG 1.3 with software that understands badpixel opcodes, or is able to interpolate over 0 value pixels. Most adobe software should handle DNG 1.3 opcodes correctly. In other software, you may find an option to fix "dead" pixels that does a reasonable job.

There is also a suggestion in the links to that thread to set your ISO at a low value when creating the file.  Some people get this to work after several tries.

Other related threads :
badpixel.bin generation problems
300hs AND sx40hs Badpixel.bin failed.
Bad pixels

2. When I am working on ALT mode, a frame like magnifying' frame appear on screen and menu blanking so it makes it hard work on menu .
Another limitation.  In this case, CHDK and the Canon UI do not "play nice" together.  This tend to be less bad in Playback/Shot Review mode so try to avoid doing CHDK menu stuff with the camera in Shooting mode.  Also, the frame is probably related to "focus tracking" - which I believe you can turn off in the Canon shooting menu.
« Last Edit: 21 / January / 2017, 14:23:24 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16