KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 37 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #360 on: 10 / April / 2015, 12:04:52 »
Advertisements
Hello Waterwingz,

Thanks for the awesome script! I'm using it successfully with USB Shot Control set to One Shot with a Pixhawk Autopilot. However, I'm unable to retract the lens. I see you've implemented a couple of features that will almost work (PWM and return camera to playback mode). Can the script be set so that I use multiple PWM values to, extend lens, take picture, retract lens?

Thanks!

Brian

« Reply #361 on: 10 / April / 2015, 13:56:10 »
I'm using it successfully with USB Shot Control set to One Shot with a Pixhawk Autopilot. However, I'm unable to retract the lens. I see you've implemented a couple of features that will almost work (PWM and return camera to playback mode). Can the script be set so that I use multiple PWM values to, extend lens, take picture, retract lens?
I have not looked to see if there is some sort of event_proc that could be used to force the lens to retract. 

However,  what seems to make more sense is to just set the camera to immediately retract the lens when it switches to playback mode.  That's usually a setup option in the Canon menus.   Then you just need a PWM values that tell the camera to switch from playback to shooting  or from shooting to playback.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #362 on: 10 / April / 2015, 14:07:30 »
I will try to make a fresh copy of CHDK and the script in the evening.
It will not hurt to try this but I don't think there is anything wrong with your CHDK installation or how the script is installed.

Yes you are definitly right, but first things first.

In the morning in bright sunlight I tried again with the given setup,
but no other reaction.

So I setup a new SDcard with CHDK and the script
and I reset the canon setup (I had issues with that in the past),
but also the the same reaction.

I told you, when I press the review button, then I switch over to another picture.
That's shure.
The very first picture taken is very dark (underexposed; IMG_8828.JPG).
In the KAP.LOG you will find only the underexposed pictures.(IMG_8828.JPG,IMG_8830.JPG,IMG_8832.JPG)
Pay attention to the numbering.
But there were well exposed pictures IMG_8829.JPG,IMG_8831.JPG,IMG_8833.JPG, taken when I press the review key and they are stored.
Immediatly after that well exposed picture the next underexposed picture is taken automaticly and the picture stays on the screen.
Pressing review key works again ... and so on.
When I press the menu key quick enough, then the script is canceled in a korrekt way, as you see in the log.

« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2015, 14:09:50 by exposeIT »
IXUS 970 IS 100b

« Reply #363 on: 10 / April / 2015, 15:14:56 »
I told you, when I press the review button, then I switch over to another picture.
Pressing review key works again ... and so on.
There is something else I probably should have asked earlier.  Do you have the camera setup to switch to "review" mode after each shot?   And probably worse still,   is it setup to "hold" the review image rather than time out automatically and return to shooting mode?

If so,   what happens when you turn that stuff off using the Canon setup menu and just have the camera stay in shooting mode all the time?

« Reply #364 on: 10 / April / 2015, 15:37:34 »
If so,   what happens when you turn that stuff off using the Canon setup menu and just have the camera stay in shooting mode all the time?

I usually have two seconds review time.
When I switch that to OFF in Canon menu  than there is no difference in the script behavior.
IXUS 970 IS 100b

« Reply #365 on: 10 / April / 2015, 18:50:42 »
I usually have two seconds review time. When I switch that to OFF in Canon menu  than there is no difference in the script behavior.
Thanks for trying.

The behavior of the Playback key is strange.   Do you also use it as the CHDK <ALT> key by any chance?   What happens if you just start the script and let it sit there - don't press any buttons.   Does it take a picture every so often? Or just sit there hung forever?  What does the LCD console say in that case?  If you exit via the Menu button you can go to the CHDK Miscellaneous Stuff menu ->  Console -> Display last console to see what was on the console during the test.

One other thing to try. You mentioned having two cameras?  Can you use the working one to record video of the operation of the not working one so that I can actually see what is happening.   Don't select the script's Backlight Off option and in the Console menu,  set the Hide N secs after last change to 30 seconds.   Upload to a file sharing site like box.net or youtube and PM the link to me?

Edit : my best guess is that something in the script shot timing is not working right with your older camera.  I'll do some comparison with the older script version that you say works and see if I can spot the difference.
« Last Edit: 11 / April / 2015, 10:08:22 by waterwingz »

« Reply #366 on: 12 / April / 2015, 05:36:03 »
The behavior of the Playback key is strange.   Do you also use it as the CHDK <ALT> key by any chance?
Not by intention. There was a lot of keyboard stuff in the last weeks, maybe something changed?
But why other scripts work?
What happens if you just start the script and let it sit there - don't press any buttons.   Does it take a picture every so often? Or just sit there hung forever?
The picture stays foreever, no additional pictures.
  What does the LCD console say in that case?
nothing, there isn't any overlay.
If you exit via the Menu button you can go to the CHDK Miscellaneous Stuff menu ->  Console -> Display last console to see what was on the console during the test.
When I am able to leave by menu key, for that case you already have a valid kap.log
And I also tried the way you have shown and there is nothing else in the 'last console' display.
(because the script is normally stopped)
Can you ... record video of the operation

hopefully I try that in the evening.

Thank you very much for your help.
IXUS 970 IS 100b

« Reply #367 on: 12 / April / 2015, 09:08:46 »
There was a lot of keyboard stuff in the last weeks, maybe something changed?
That's a very interesting thought!   The changes are all in CHDK 1.4.0 - which is what you are using.  What happens if you load CHDK 1.3.0 into your camera and run that?

But why other scripts work?
Other scripts might not using the set_exit_key() function, the new RAW script shooting hooks,  or the same methods of reading & setting exposure that the kap_uav.lua script uses.

What happens if you just start the script and let it sit there - don't press any buttons.   Does it take a picture every so often? Or just sit there hung forever?
The picture stays foreever, no additional pictures.
  What does the LCD console say in that case?
nothing, there isn't any overlay.
I don't have a lot of time today but I will send you a link to a test version of the script that will have a lot more debugging information logged.  At this point we need to figure out exactly where the script is stopping.
« Last Edit: 12 / April / 2015, 09:34:10 by waterwingz »

« Reply #368 on: 12 / April / 2015, 09:48:42 »
Debug version of the script :  ku_test.lua

Please run this and post the resulting log here.

TIA

« Reply #369 on: 12 / April / 2015, 13:55:25 »
There was a lot of keyboard stuff in the last weeks, maybe something changed?
That's a very interesting thought!   The changes are all in CHDK 1.4.0 - which is what you are using.  What happens if you load CHDK 1.3.0 into your camera and run that?

I tested that now, there is a little difference how the console looks, but my main problem is also there.
IXUS 970 IS 100b