A2200 IS porting thread - page 29 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A2200 IS porting thread

• 515 Replies
Re: A2200 IS porting thread
« Reply #280 on: 25 / March / 2012, 15:54:16 »
Advertisements
I'm not an expert on overrides,   but it seems to me like the camera adjusts ISO or aperature to compensate for you fixing the Tv value.   You get the right expose but with a shutter speed of our choice.   I think you need to take it out of P or Auto mode somehow ?

That's just it though, it looks like the Tv value isn't fixed at all in some modes! If I set the shutter speed to 8, it works in Auto, Easy, Blur-Reduction, Fish-Eye and Discreet modes (that is, it's displayed when I half-press the shutter) but in P and Live modes the camera's own calculated value of the shot appears instead.

I can't help thinking this is a bug, and a recent one at that. because I'm sure it worked in a previous beta!

edit: probably wasn't working properly in previous betas after all. I've done some more tests and it seems that the Tv value reverts to the camera's own choice when focus lock is achieved. When I tested it previously, it was in a very dark area and it's likely focus was never achieved.

edit2: same deal goes for ISO. Override ISO works only in the same modes and conditions as shutter speed although the fixed ISO value will still be displayed, but not used.
« Last Edit: 25 / March / 2012, 17:11:21 by Marko73 »

« Reply #281 on: 26 / March / 2012, 13:00:13 »
First off, Thank you sumpm1.  I was finally able to get chdk working on my camera.  I don't know why I had so much trouble in the past, in fact, I had to do this 2 or 3 times before it actually displayed on the camera, but it's there now. 

Now, after looking and going through all the options that I have found so far, I can't seem to find one for time lapse..   Is it available with the beta?  If so where?

Thanks

« Reply #282 on: 26 / March / 2012, 13:02:22 »
actually, I did a quick search and see the thread for Ultra Intervalometer.   Soooooo.  nevermind that last question...

« Reply #283 on: 26 / March / 2012, 13:49:21 »
actually, I did a quick search and see the thread for Ultra Intervalometer.   Soooooo.  nevermind that last question...
Yup - its always done with a script.  There is a simple one included with the CHDK distribution file and many more posted in this forum and on the wiki.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #284 on: 27 / March / 2012, 14:10:56 »
After some more experimenting, I've found that custom exposure and ISO can be made to work in P mode if you set the metering mode to "spot". Meanwhile, in Scene mode, some scene types allow custom exposure/ISO and others do not. I hope this information helps someone else :)

Also, while the exposure speed and ISO rating are preserved after powering down, the exposure value factor and ISO value factor are not, meaning they need to be manually set every time the camera is switched on. Can anyone, perhaps someone who already runs CHDK on another camera, confirm whether this is normal behaviour or not?

edit: forget I spoke. tried it again. Settings which work fine in some conditions do not work in others, as the settings I had which allowed overrides in P mode which worked indoors inexplicably failed to work in bright sunlight ie. the camera overrode the overrides, if you will. This sort of inconsistency has to be a bug, surely?
« Last Edit: 28 / March / 2012, 11:51:48 by Marko73 »

« Reply #285 on: 06 / April / 2012, 08:11:52 »
Hi all,

I have just bought a A2200 to make timelapse for research needs (I'm a study). But I don't manage to have the firmware version of my camera... I read the FAQ, this forum and ohter but cannot find it ! I start the camera by the playback mode. After, I press Func/set and Disp button at the same time (or in this order) but it doesn't work.
I formated my SD card (16Gb) by the camera. I extract the CHDK "d" version to try anyway. And I cannot access to the <ALT>. Please HELP !!
Thanks for your help, I really need this to use timelaps extra.

« Reply #286 on: 06 / April / 2012, 21:32:49 »
But I don't manage to have the firmware version of my camera... I read the FAQ, this forum and ohter but cannot find it ! I start the camera by the playback mode. After, I press Func/set and Disp button at the same time (or in this order) but it doesn't work.
Did you read and follow this :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F
Especially the part about using the ACID utility to identify your firmware ?  Is there a ver.req on your SD card when you try the steps mentioned above ?

I formated my SD card (16Gb) by the camera. I extract the CHDK "d" version to try anyway. And I cannot access to the <ALT>. Please HELP !!
Did you follow the steps listed here :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #287 on: 08 / April / 2012, 12:00:12 »
As a newbie I highly reccomend ACID for finding your firmware version- quick and easy

« Reply #288 on: 08 / April / 2012, 12:09:13 »
Hello All- new to CHDK- couple of questions but first I would first like to thank everyone who puts in the time to port these builds. Amazing stuff and great community. Also- I posted a cheap and easy USB cable trigger and my discussion there with Waterwingz has prompted the following questions which I have searched for answers but cannot find (or the answers are there but I don't realize it)-
1- Is the A2200 port based on the developmental autobuild or the older stable version? I assume it is the newer.
2- If it is the newer verrsion, I assume it incorporates USB remote V2, correct?

thx

« Reply #289 on: 08 / April / 2012, 12:13:05 »
1- Is the A2200 port based on the developmental autobuild or the older stable version? I assume it is the newer.
2- If it is the newer verrsion, I assume it incorporates USB remote V2, correct?

thx

The current port here is based on CHDK version 1.0 (stable branch).