IXUS 310 HS (Elph 500 HS / IXY 31S) - available from the autobuild server - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 310 HS (Elph 500 HS / IXY 31S) - available from the autobuild server

• 73 Replies

Offline philmoz

• Photos
Re: IXUS 310 HS (Elph 500 HS / IXY 31S) - available from the autobuild server
« Reply #50 on: 08 / December / 2011, 16:12:23 »
Advertisements
I just dumped my new Elph 500 HS, it has 1.01C, dumped with cBasic Universal Dumper
http://ul.to/xyz6ah4h

Attached is an initial test version for firmware 1.01c.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

I just tried to install it on my IXUS 310. As soon as I selected update firmware, the screen went black and now my camera is not starting.

Please help.

Thanks,
Anshley

You probably tried the wrong version of CHDK for you camera.
The CHDK version has to match the firmware in your camera.

Remove and replace the battery should bring it back to life.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #51 on: 10 / December / 2011, 05:15:27 »
Hi philmoz!

I can´t open the .CR2 files in camera raw or photoshop. Do you know how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance!

« Reply #52 on: 10 / December / 2011, 09:38:15 »
I can´t open the .CR2 files in camera raw or photoshop. Do you know how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance!
You need to read through these, probably in the order they are listed :

link> CHDK Wiki Page about RAW
link> CHDK Forum thread on RAW

link> CHDK Wiki Page about Raw Software
link> How do you fix lens distortion with CHDK RAW files?
link> Decoding CHDK RAW images from a new cameraslink> CHDK Forum Board for RAW

« Last Edit: 10 / December / 2011, 09:41:47 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #53 on: 11 / December / 2011, 06:24:38 »
You need to read through these, probably in the order they are listed :

link> CHDK Wiki Page about RAW
link> CHDK Forum thread on RAW

link> CHDK Wiki Page about Raw Software
link> How do you fix lens distortion with CHDK RAW files?
link> Decoding CHDK RAW images from a new cameraslink> CHDK Forum Board for RAW

Thx for the links waterwingz, but i still can´t find a CHDK Raw to DNG convert that support IXUS 310 HS RAW.

« Reply #54 on: 11 / December / 2011, 09:45:18 »
Thx for the links waterwingz, but i still can´t find a CHDK Raw to DNG convert that support IXUS 310 HS RAW.
With each new CHDK supported camera,  there is typically a new CHDK RAW file "type".  As noted in the links I posted,  the CHDK RAW file is not really a file format though - its a simple dump of the sensor memory.  To interpret it,  you need to know the sensor geometry used to make the RAW file ( number of rows of pixels and number of columns of pixels). 

Most of the photography software that handles RAW formats is based on a program called dcraw.  Dcraw makes a guess about what camera the RAW file comes from based (AFAIK) on the exact file size. If it has a match on the file size its because somebody added that file information to dcraw so it knows how to convert to other formats (i.e. it knows the number of rows and columns for that file size so can convert it).

There is a process to submit this information to Dave Coffin - the author of dcraw.  Here's quote from his web site http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Quote from: dcoffin link=http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/
Does dcraw work with my camera?
Most likely, yes. If your camera is not on the Supported list, try dcraw anyway. If it doesn't work perfectly, don't just sit quietly waiting for my next version. Ask me if I need any raw photos, or go ahead and post a photo to your website and e-mail me the URL.
You can submit you RAW file to him,  but to get the color balance right you usually need to submit a picture of a calibrated color card.  Those are about $100 iirc.

Its been a while since I've played with the other packages - maybe somebody else can jump in here ?  Is there a program that lets you specify the X & Y of a CHDK RAW file and convert it to other formats ( like DNG ) ?

Update :  this might help too : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_Tools#rawconvert.c
« Last Edit: 11 / December / 2011, 11:58:30 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Hey,

I've been testing CHDK on the IXUS 310 HS (ELPH 500 HS) for a couple of days now, but I can't seem to figure out how to do manual focus using bracket values while recording.
This far I've tried enabling MF (subj. distance(?)) and bugging the camera by clicking the <Alt> menu and the Record button simultaneously, it appears to work, but the menu freezes and does not seem to change focus values at all.
If I after enabling MF just start recording I get three buttons at the bottom by the names of [-Sv+] [-Av+] [-Tv+], which values exactly these are and what they do I am not sure of, but they don't appear to have any relation to the focus.

Please, care to enlighten me on this matter?

nf

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Its been a while since I've played with the other packages - maybe somebody else can jump in here ?  Is there a program that lets you specify the X & Y of a CHDK RAW file and convert it to other formats ( like DNG ) ?
Why not using the good, old DNG4PS-2 CHDK RAW-to-DNG converter ?
* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DNG4PS-2

Works also very good with newer cameras, the settings needed can be found easily in the source code...
Once found, the settings should be added to the list here:
* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DNG4PS-2#Camera%20settings

Hi, I'm Gil and I'm new here. I have a Elph 500 HS 1.01b, and wanted to use CHDK with it but there is no build for it at the moment. I would like to add a dump of the firmware but I don't know any programming stuff and the regular CHDK's Obtaining a Firmware Dump page just talks way over my head.

Never mind, dump obtained~
« Last Edit: 18 / April / 2012, 19:16:00 by Gil He »

Hi Phil,
 I just tried to install it on my IXUS 310. As soon as I selected update firmware, the screen went black and now my camera is not starting.

I have the same problem as Anshley, but I am pretty sure I have the right version,  I used acid.jar to verify my firmware and get me the download.  I have also used this alpha.  In each case; ixus310_elph500hs-101c-1.0.0-1825-full_BETA.zip and ixus310_elph500hs-100a-0.9.9-Alpha6-full.zip, I have tried both methods of loading, that is making the card bootable, and loading via the firmware upgrade method.  Either way, the camera immediately blanks and locks up and can not be switched off or on until the batteries are removed and replaced.

I took a dump of my firmware and compared it to the dump that Kpax took in post #16 http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6634.msg70955#msg70955.  Beyond-Compare2 reports the two files as identical.  Everyone else seems to be OK with this, I wish I knew the secret incantation that they use.

JG