SX500 IS Porting thread - page 2 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX500 IS Porting thread

• 53 Replies
Re: SX500 IS Porting thread
« Reply #10 on: 04 / July / 2013, 18:52:01 »
Advertisements
Ah. I have seen the error in my ways. I misread the directions and now have it working. the raw capture seems to work and I can override the shutter speed and the aperture. not sure about the ptp though.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #11 on: 04 / July / 2013, 19:14:45 »
Ah. I have seen the error in my ways. I misread the directions and now have it working. the raw capture seems to work and I can override the shutter speed and the aperture. not sure about the ptp though.
Thanks for report.

To test chdkptp you can start seeing an example: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Chdkptp_in_headless_linux_Dockstar_-_remote_control

README file: http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdkptp/trunk/README.TXT
Binary files here: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

« Reply #12 on: 10 / July / 2013, 19:07:15 »
Thanks for your work on this.

In addition to RAW and scripting working, I tested remote capabilities with ptpCamGui.

Most of the options work with the notable exceptions being the MF slider and the Camera Controls. MF Slider is greyed out (auto focus button icon is functional); so are WheelL/R controls. Rest of Camera Controls section (directional/set buttons etc) cause no change to camera HUD and do not allow for menu selection.

Making changes to the options in Mode (ISO/TV/EV) produce proper images but do not update camera HUD.

« Reply #13 on: 10 / July / 2013, 19:10:34 »
I would like to test this as well, if that's okay with you- I love my camera but I was starting to think that I should have bought a DSLR instead! Any added functionality is very welcome and I'd like to help make it better.

« Reply #14 on: 11 / July / 2013, 03:51:29 »
I would also love to test it and give feedback. Please PM me the link.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #15 on: 11 / July / 2013, 06:23:44 »
In addition to RAW and scripting working, I tested remote capabilities with ptpCamGui.

Most of the options work with the notable exceptions being the MF slider and the Camera Controls. MF Slider is greyed out (auto focus button icon is functional); so are WheelL/R controls.
Thanks for testing.
It seems that MF and JogDial control should be enabled in ptpCamGui, see variables $CamHasMF and $CamHasJogdial in ptpCamGui.au3  SX500 is under development, so it is not in the list

Rest of Camera Controls section (directional/set buttons etc) cause no change to camera HUD and do not allow for menu selection.
What if you press menu button in ptpCamGUI? is menu activated?

Making changes to the options in Mode (ISO/TV/EV) produce proper images but do not update camera HUD.
ptpCamGui should change options using PropertyCase, it may not be updated to the camera's on-screen display.  Please confirm with exif data if changes were done in your photo.

@HerrGeneralSaadrafiq4
I sent you a PM with the link. Please test and report.

« Reply #16 on: 17 / July / 2013, 23:13:01 »
Sorry for the delay in response.

What if you press menu button in ptpCamGUI? is menu activated?

Nothing updates on the screen and random clicking doesn't seem to be making changes. Same with the DISPLAY button in ptpCamGUI

ptpCamGui should change options using PropertyCase, it may not be updated to the camera's on-screen display.  Please confirm with exif data if changes were done in your photo.

Confirmed. Photos are being taken with the settings in ptpCamGUI independent of mode or settings selected on camera.

« Reply #17 on: 21 / July / 2013, 11:25:19 »
I'd also like to test this.

I would like to test this as well, if that's okay with you- I love my camera but I was starting to think that I should have bought a DSLR instead! Any added functionality is very welcome and I'd like to help make it better.

I know exactly how you feel. I really wish I just spent a bit more for a pre-owned DSLR. My main issue is with the lack of a *.raw option (I like to alter levels myself).

Offline nafraf

« Reply #18 on: 21 / July / 2013, 12:11:40 »
I'd also like to test this.
I sent you a PM with the link.

RAW capture, photo overrides work. Remote shoot jpg has not been tested.
A issue with button behavior using ptpcamGui has been reported.

« Reply #19 on: 25 / July / 2013, 13:37:07 »
   Dear nafraf:

I'd like to check out CHDK on my SX500 to the best of my ability.  (I've hacked on lots of embedded systems, but never even close to a camera.)  For now my contribution would be limited to ``yup, it works'' or ``no go'' reports.  I promise to hold you harmless in case of explosion :-).  May I have a copy, please?

Best wishes,

Angus McTavish
Ooooh, what does this button do?