KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 4 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #30 on: 20 / November / 2013, 16:26:00 »
Advertisements
Hi waterwingz,
Any news on the update!
I would like to be able to set the script to shoot at 1/640 with AV mode Iris. On a clear sunny day this would keep the aperture around f/4.0 on my A590. Perfect for one of my favorite KAP shooting environments. :)
Thanks,
Bill

« Reply #31 on: 20 / November / 2013, 18:28:33 »
I would like to be able to set the script to shoot at 1/640 with AV mode Iris. On a clear sunny day this would keep the aperture around f/4.0 on my A590. Perfect for one of my favorite KAP shooting environments. :)
Here's link to version 1.2 :  https://app.box.com/s/5rrq66k71vq9u22jwqug

After some discussion here and on the KAP forum,  I've decided not to add focus at hyperfocal as a menu item.  It seems there is very little to be gained and implementing it complicates the shooting code enough to make it not worth the effort.

However,  your change for 1/640 is included,  along with a rework of the "focus at infinity" code.   I've been holding back on releasing this update until I get time to update the documentation in the wiki but feel free to download and try it out now.

Update :  changes now in general release at the download link give in the first post of this thread.
« Last Edit: 23 / November / 2013, 12:23:44 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #32 on: 22 / November / 2013, 13:05:08 »
Yep, infinity focus looks like the way to go for this type of application. Thanks very much for including the 1/640. Your script does everything I want for setting up my cameras for KAP and UAV use.

When I click on the link to download version 1.2 it ask me to sign up for box. With the original script I didn't need to sign up. Would it be possible to download version 1.2 without having to sign up?
« Last Edit: 22 / November / 2013, 13:09:51 by bisenberger »

« Reply #33 on: 23 / November / 2013, 12:26:14 »
When I click on the link to download version 1.2 it ask me to sign up for box. With the original script I didn't need to sign up. Would it be possible to download version 1.2 without having to sign up?
Box.com can be annoying that way sometime. Rather than fix it, I updated the wiki page to reflect the changes in the script and updated the normal link to provide the 1.2 version.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_11162762030

Enjoy!

« Reply #34 on: 25 / November / 2013, 18:28:19 »
Thanks waterwingz, much appreciated.  :D

« Reply #35 on: 28 / November / 2013, 09:35:51 »
Hi
I install KAP UAV script for my CHDK Canon S110 ONLY to take photo from my Dji550 exacopter… I use a remote lcd screen with TX RX to see image from Canon Camera in the sky to my monitor on the field.
It works well but I have some question for you.

I shot manual mode in CHDK; so in Enanched Photo Operation/Override Tv i put 1/1250 and the dot, Override Av 2,05 and the dot, Override ISO 100 and the dot, so all photo has some exposure… How can I do the same with KAP UAV script ??? Which are the correct parameters here?? I try to Override Tv+Av+Iso like I write here up and try to put these values in your script like this…
Av Mode none
Target Tv 1/1250
Tv Max 1/1250
Lowest Av 2,8
Target Av 2,8
Highest Av 2,8
ISO Min 100
ISO Max1 100
ISO Max2 100

But when I see photos in Lightroom (with this values just up here in your script) I saw this in metadata info:
AV2,0
Iso 50
and different TV from 1/1700 to 1/590….
The script try to use always the correct time shutter, good, but it is possible fix it, as my request (1/1250 sec.) ????
 Can you help me??? Thanks a lot Milobg www.skymotion.it
Very good script…..
« Last Edit: 28 / November / 2013, 10:19:09 by milobg »

« Reply #36 on: 28 / November / 2013, 10:51:09 »
I install KAP UAV script for my CHDK Canon S110 ONLY to take photo from my Dji550 exacopter… I use a remote lcd screen with TX RX to see image from Canon Camera in the sky to my monitor on the field.
It works well but I have some question for you.

I shot manual mode in CHDK; so in Enanched Photo Operation/Override Tv i put 1/1250 and the dot, Override Av 2,05 and the dot, Override ISO 100 and the dot, so all photo has some exposure… How can I do the same with KAP UAV script ??? Which are the correct parameters here?? I try to Override Tv+Av+Iso like I write here up and try to put these values in your script like this…
Av Mode none
Target Tv 1/1250
Tv Max 1/1250
Lowest Av 2,8
Target Av 2,8
Highest Av 2,8
ISO Min 100
ISO Max1 100
ISO Max2 100
What you have done here has a couple of problems. 

First of all,  setting Av Mode to None tells the script not to control the camera's aperture.  The S110 has a variable aperture so doing that allows the Canon firmware to control it instead - but in a manner unrelated to the exposure settings from the script.  You will see random changes in exposure as a result - not good!  Set it to "Both".

Secondly, your other settings tell the script to lock the shutter speed, aperture and ISO at single fixed values.  Does this means you really do not want to adjust the exposure as lighting conditions change?  The script will try to do that for you,  but if the resulting exposure is not correct, the script will change the shutter speed to compensate - outside of your defined range if necessary.  That would explain the changes in shutter speed that you are seeing.

But when I see photos in Lightroom (with this values just up here in your script) I saw this in metadata info:
AV 2.0
Iso 50
and different TV from 1/1700 to 1/590….
Sometimes, the exif meta values in the image information are the values that the Canon firmware is trying to use.  They are not the override values that CHDK forces the camera to use. I'm not clear on when that happens and when it does not.

The script try to use always the correct time shutter, good, but it is possible fix it, as my request (1/1250 sec.) ????   Can you help me??? Thanks a lot Milobg www.skymotion.it
If you just want to lock the exposure at 1/1250 and still use the script, then you are going to have to let the script adjust the aperature and ISO values to get a good exposure setting. Try this :
  • Av Mode :     both
  • Target Tv :    1/1250
  • Tv Max :       1/1250
  • Lowest Av :   2.0
  • Target Av :    2.8
  • Highest Av :   8.0
  • ISO Min :       100
  • ISO Max1 :     400
  • ISO Max2 :     1600

Otherwise,  maybe you just need a simple intervalometer script (like the interval.lua script included in the CHDK distribution) and the exposure locked via the CHDK menus as you reported at the beginning of your post?

« Reply #37 on: 02 / December / 2013, 06:51:06 »
Thank you for your long answer…
But I prefer to lock exposure and shot all images at 1/1250,  f2,8  100iso…

I was using interval script (like you wrote me) but I can’t zoom…

I try also “conservation drone” script… Perfect… but I can’t lock focus to infinity.

That’s why I like your kap-uav script… Because as soon as I start script I point the camera near infinity and it lock the focus for all other photos… (In script menu, I put focus @ infinity in AFLock mode..).             Is it correct???

I don’t know any other script that does this…..
So what I need (IF POSSIBLE) is a script like your kap-uav with the possibility to lock exposure and shot all images at 1/1250,  f2,8  100iso…
Do you think is it possible ?

So first I try the values you suggest me…. I put camera outside my window to taking photo to bright an dark areas:
•   Av Mode :     both
•   Target Tv :    1/1250
•   Tv Max :       1/1250
•   Lowest Av :   2.0
•   Target Av :    2.8
•   Highest Av :   8.0
•   ISO Min :       100
•   ISO Max1 :     400
•   ISO Max2 :     1600

After I look all photo in Lightroom… All photos have a good exposure… but the ones in dark light have 1/640 and 400 iso….
I do not want this….

I don’t know script language so I can’t write by myself..

So I need an intervallometer with Zoom, Lock Focus to infinity and Lock exposure to my values...

Is it possible????
Thanks a lot milobg
« Last Edit: 02 / December / 2013, 07:28:47 by milobg »

« Reply #38 on: 02 / December / 2013, 08:05:23 »
So first I try the values you suggest me…. I put camera outside my window to taking photo to bright an dark areas:
•   Av Mode :     both
•   Target Tv :    1/1250
•   Tv Max :       1/1250
•   Lowest Av :   2.0
•   Target Av :    2.8
•   Highest Av :   8.0
•   ISO Min :       100
•   ISO Max1 :     400
•   ISO Max2 :     1600

After I look all photo in Lightroom… All photos have a good exposure… but the ones in dark light have 1/640 and 400 iso….
I do not want this….
Its very strange that you see this behavior. With those settings, the shutter speed should not drop below 1/1250 until the ISO hits 1600.  I'll take a look - you might have discovered a bug or the EXIF ISO values are not being reported correctly in LightRoom

So I need an intervallometer with Zoom, Lock Focus to infinity and Lock exposure to my values...  Is it possible????
If that's all you need,  its a simple script.  Do you have a link to the "conservation drone" script you mentioned - it might be easiest just to modify that.

« Reply #39 on: 02 / December / 2013, 08:51:12 »
I don't remember where I download conservation drone" script..
I try to attach here the relative script file.... Is it all right?
let me know...

PS: Sorry for my english but I don't understandi what do you mean here...
I'll take a look - you might have discovered a bug or the EXIF ISO values are not being reported correctly in LightRoom