Motion detection with high shutter speed not working - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Motion detection with high shutter speed not working

• 3 Replies
Motion detection with high shutter speed not working
« on: 18 / January / 2008, 13:51:40 »
Advertisements
I'm trying to photograph hummingbirds using high shutter speeds (1/10,000 and faster) and motion detection.  The high shutter speed with flash sync is working great by itself, and the motion detection is working great by itself.  However, when I set the high shutter speed and then start the motion detection script running, the high shutter speed no longer works and the camera's normal (non-CHDK) shutter speeds are used.  I am using Allbest's most recent  build for the S3 IS (allbest-s3is-100a-16.zip ).

If someone can tell me if there are settings which will enable me to use both features at the same time, I'd be most grateful.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Motion detection with high shutter speed not working
« Reply #1 on: 18 / January / 2008, 14:39:49 »
first of all: why did you create this topic @ two different places?
anyhow: you have to use the set_tv96_direct X command in your script, check out this thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,287.0.html
the issue is being discussed there.

« Reply #2 on: 18 / January / 2008, 15:01:06 »
Thanks, I'll check that thread out.

I posted to the other forum first before I realized that this forum is where I should probably have posted my question.

No harm meant!

« Reply #3 on: 18 / January / 2008, 15:21:17 »
I don't really understand how to calculate the value of X from that thread:

It reads:

For AllBEst use:
set_tv96_direct X
where X is the corresponding *96 value for the shutter speed.  For 65s X=-576.

I was trying to shoot with a shutter speed of 1/10,000 and an aperture of f4.48.

How do I determine the proper value for X in the "set_tv96_direct X" command to correspond with 1/10,000 or 1/20,000.

Also, do I also need to script command to specify aperture?  If so, can you tell me what it would be?

Would these commands be added to the motion detection script?