Newbie issues, still - - page 15 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Newbie issues, still -

• 146 Replies
Re: Newbie issues, still -
« Reply #140 on: 11 / March / 2015, 09:16:02 »
Advertisements
Hello All, Please be gentle with me :)

I've read the wiki and searched the forum, I have a Cannon A810 with a 16gb card.

I've tried Eoscard, Sticky (and wasp) and Yesterday I tried formatting the card just with a single fat16 200mb partition with CHDK on and nothing else and no matter what I try I can not get it to auto boot.

The firmware update method works every time but I really wanted to auto boot either with a single partition or with dual partitions.

Has anybody else seen this before with the A810?

Many thanks
Maybe this is covered, but you did not mention if you set the SD card  lock switch to the "locked" position prior to attempting to autoboot?

If you do that and don't get either a CHDK boot or a "Card Locked" message then perhaps the card socket switch in your camera is defective?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline zeno

« Reply #141 on: 11 / March / 2015, 11:26:46 »
The A810 is a post-2011 camera and will boot from a single FAT32 partition on a 16gb card. It will NOT boot from a dual partition card where the small partition is FAT16.

If you use STICK to prepare the card it will tell you if the card is formatted properly and bootable.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #142 on: 18 / January / 2021, 02:01:07 »
I can not find the shortcut/print button on my Sx410is. Anyone pls help me how to use CHDK?  Thank you so much.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #143 on: 18 / January / 2021, 04:34:22 »
I can not find the shortcut/print button on my Sx410is. Anyone pls help me how to use CHDK?  Thank you so much.
Use the blue playback button [>].

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdk/subversion/source/HEAD/trunk/platform/sx410is/notes.txt

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #144 on: 20 / January / 2021, 17:10:49 »
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I did enter CHDK mode. I can set some parameters such as override Tv, Override Av, Raw format. However, when I push the "shoot button", nothing happened. I can't take any pictures. I'm not sure if I made mistakes somewhere.
Thank you for your time.

Use the blue playback button [>].

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdk/subversion/source/HEAD/trunk/platform/sx410is/notes.txt

msl

Offline reyalp

« Reply #145 on: 20 / January / 2021, 17:43:31 »
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I did enter CHDK mode. I can set some parameters such as override Tv, Override Av, Raw format. However, when I push the "shoot button", nothing happened. I can't take any pictures. I'm not sure if I made mistakes somewhere.
Thank you for your time.
Alt mode (what you called CHDK mode) is used to adjust settings. To shoot, leave alt mode and shoot normally. Any CHDK settings you enabled will be used.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #146 on: 20 / January / 2021, 18:56:07 »
oh, really,  I didn't know that. Thank you so much.  :P

Thank you for your time.
Alt mode (what you called CHDK mode) is used to adjust settings. To shoot, leave alt mode and shoot normally. Any CHDK settings you enabled will be used.
« Last Edit: 21 / January / 2021, 01:01:59 by nduy992002 »